New Years Eve & New Years Day

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
Has anyone been thinking ahead, and making plans for New Years Eve, and New Years Day?

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
I always feel a little sad New Years because Christmas is over. I am not super down and out, just a little blah. I try to make it special and have some family over early for dinner and games, nothing big. Just not as much fun as Christmas though! Lol.. Since the grandkids are under the age of 5 and are usually home and in bed before midnight, I let them have a New Years countdown around 8 pm. They wear party hats and have a toast with sparkling grape juice in plastic champagne glasses. I let them pop poppers and throw confetti. They love it!

New Years Day my hubby and I go to my job to feed the animals since we are closed for the holiday. That only takes about an hour then we go out to eat, come home and take down outdoor Christmas lights then just relax.

bumblee

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 29, 2009
comstockpark mich
I usually try not to think about it to much the years just fly by it seems always on the go or doing a project of some sorts I think this newyears I'm just gonna relax and watch Goodfellas or Pirates of the carribean

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
I always forget that New Year´s Eve is so close because Christmas fills my entire soul...lol...but of course I know what I will do....what I always do....go to my brother´s place...because their daughter (my beautiful niece) Sarah turns 6-years-old on New Year´s Eve...and then we stay...have sparkling wine and strawberry punch....good dinner and lots of snacks.....:D play wii and such...we gon have a nice, nice day and night

Sanity Clause

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Oct 1, 2007
Whitstable,UK
At midnight on New Year's Eve I jump into the New Year from a chair, hug and kiss friends and family,sing Auld Lang Syne and watch the London fireworks on TV.

frostrabbit

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 29, 2009
Scotland
Usually we spend New Year with my husband's family, they have a big get-together with friends where we have nibbles, drinks, play games until midnight is approaching, watch the countdown and the fireworks on television, and then continue having fun for a couple hours after that. New Year's Day is usually a relaxing one, we tend to go out for a walk, watch a few movies and play some games. It's very nice, but obviously Christmas is better :)

kgstyles

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Nov 12, 2006
Grand Forks, North Dakota
I'm going to be with my "Fiance" (if she says yes on Christmas morning). We are probably going to go out with friends and just have a good time. Then I leave for training on the morning of 2 Jan and then on to Afghanistan until next December.

ScottCalvin

Elf Choir Book Distributor
MMC Lifer
Jan 13, 2009
Leeds, England
I think NYE is so over rated I never really do anything but will probably watch a few more Christmas DvD's as such

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Not doing anything special here...I will probably make a nice dinner New Years Day.

Snow-in-Texas

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 28, 2009
Dallas, TX
One thing I can't get used to living in the central time zone (for those that don't know I am originally from Maryland) is the ball dropping in New York at 11:00. Obviously it is live and midnight on the east coast, but it is only 11:00 here, a little anticlamatic. It just bothers me a little, I always thought they tape delayed it for the other time zones.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
We usually go to friend's house down the road but she has covid so we will just make a nice dinner at home...probably baked stuffed shrimp. And I will be asleep before midnight..lol

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image