Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

New Years Eve Traditions

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by xmastidings, Dec 31, 2014.

1. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

We've got it all planned out; we each chose a favourite dish from a Chinese Restaurant along with Fried Rice and Egg Rolls and we'll enjoy it.
    Hope you have a great time too. (I'll be here by 11:00 p.m. to greet the New Year and the new Christmas Countdown Thread.

2. e_xander

e_xander Executive Producer, Tracking Santa MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

My Uncle puts on a New Years Eve party. We started playing Cards Against Humanity last year. It's a blast with my family and friends there!

3. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

TCM is running a Marx Brothers marathon (new restorations). Takes me back to my teenage days when a local channel would run Marx Brothers films on NYE. I'd watch them for hours. Good times!

4. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

We are going to a neighbor's house at 7. We will have dinner and play some games. And then we leave at 12:01...lol I am always too tired to stay later Hope everyone has a great night!

5. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Happy New Year!

xmastidings likes this.
  6. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Had another fine New Year's Eve of movies and relaxing at home.
    Happy 2016 to all!

xmastidings and e_xander like this.
  7. mommytotwo

mommytotwo Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Fireworks, and food, food, food. Then getting together with family tomorrow to eat more food!

xmastidings likes this.
  8. Sanity Clause

Sanity Clause Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

At midnight I watch the London fireworks on TV, jump into the New Year from a chair or sofa, hug and kiss friends and family and sing Auld Lang Syne.

xmastidings likes this.
  9. xmasbug

xmasbug Chestnut Roaster MMC Lifer

We usually spend it my husband's family. Depending on weather it starts with a friendly hockey on the ODR and then a potluck dinner and we end it playing board games.

xmastidings likes this.
  10. xmastidings

xmastidings Santa's Mentor MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Lol... I forgot I even started this thread. I went back and read the posts back to 2014. Wow, the years pass quickly don't they? For me, so, so, so much has changed over the years since I started this thread.

So, I think I will update my thread since we are now heading into 2019 soon enough. I think, the last time I looked, that my now,(ex wife) is still checking for holes in her eyelids....LOL (that was a joke playing on something I wrote in a former post back in 2014).

I'm re-married now and have moved on with my life. My (new wife) and I met and we clicked, we have the same interests and tastes and styles. We do not drink alcohol, but we sure have a grand Ole time together. We buy goodies to snack on, steam some lobsters and shrimp, open up a bottle of non-alcoholic bubbly (sparkling wine) and watch movies and then we watch the ball drop.

SnowflakeMom likes this.
  11. christmasjingles

christmasjingles Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

We get together with whatever family members can come to my sister’s (where I live now, too), sometimes play games, talk,and have lots of good food...shrimp, crackers, cheese ball, potato chips and dip, veggie tray, etc... we toast each other at midnight with sparkling juice. Also at midnight, one of us opens the front door and blows one blast from an antique tin horn that was brought over from an ancestor from Scotland. We do this because one of the ancestors, who helped raise my mother, used to do this every year. That was the only thing he did to celebrate NYE . So, when he passed away, my mother carried on the tradition of the one blast. With my oldest brother and my mother now gone, it’s up for grabs between my remaining brother, sister, and me.

12. GhostOfChristmasPast

GhostOfChristmasPast Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

in bed by 9pm -mistletoe-