New Years Eve..

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
I know Christmas hasn't come and went yet..but does anyone have any special plans for New Years Eve? We usually stay home...and watch Dick Clark...
It's always to cold here to get all dressed up and go out...plus I'd rather be home..safe and sound.

kelly ann

Christmasologist
MMC Member
Oct 15, 2007
swansea. uk
Well I use to go to my grandfather's and every New Years at the strike of twelve the ships over the docks would sound their horns and people would be dancing in the street, it was so much fun then, but now since my grampa has passed I normally stay home as I really cannot be bothered with it anymore.

M

mammaduke

For the New Year we always stay at home & have our neighbors over as we watch the ball come down. I ususally make a veg. tray, relish tray, chips & dips, & this year I'll make a sheet pizza. They have fireworks here downtown but there is to many people there, I'd rather just stay home.

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
We usually stay home. I do not want to be out on the roads with people drinking and driving. Also, it's really nice to stay home just the two of us for we enjoy each other's company.

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
i put my glad rags on and head to my local pub with all my friends and family. it is not unusual for me to stroll in at 7am new years day! hehe!

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
lol! hehe! oh, believe me, i know how to party! i always feel dreadful january 1st though, hungover to death!

Amy

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Nov 25, 2007
Missouri
We usually stay home...and watch Dick Clark...
It's always to cold here to get all dressed up and go out...plus I'd rather be home..safe and sound.
This will be us too. Add some kind of munchies & alcoholic beverages and we'll be just fine!! :p

clarebear

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 10, 2006
England
I stay home and watch tv and the fireworks going off behind my back yard, its very expensive to go out on newyear, plus i dont like drunk people in my face lol.

Last edited:

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
I stay home and watch tv and the fireworks going off behind my back yard, its very expensive to go out on newyear, plus i dont like drunk people in my face lol.

I wish they did a firework display here for New Years Eve. That would be alot of fun to see.

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
:playing:My husband and I like a quiet night at home. I usually have appetizers, and we wait for the New Year! WE're invited to my niece's house. It would be nice to go if she lived closer, but with so many people on the roads, we feel safer at home.

kgstyles

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Nov 12, 2006
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Me and my wife watch some TV but she goes to bed early soon after the kids do. I stay up untill about 1155 having a few and then I go to bed before midnight becasue I like to spend every New Years I can with her because we aren't always here every year together for the holidays, sometimes one of us is overseas.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Me and my wife watch some TV but she goes to bed early soon after the kids do. I stay up untill about 1155 having a few and then I go to bed before midnight becasue I like to spend every New Years I can with her because we aren't always here every year together for the holidays, sometimes one of us is overseas.
That's so nice...
Overseas? Military?

Reactions: 1 person
M

mammaduke

Not sure what will really happen this year. I want to celebrate as we usually do, so we'll stay at home watching the ball come down & have a New Year.

SW1Dennis

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Jun 14, 2007
Chandler AZ
:sparkle:

Unfortunately I have to work New Years Eve however, I have the next few nights off and I do intend to knock back a few cold ones.

morelia92

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Dec 4, 2007
Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
We have shrimp cocktail and other appetizers...
The kids make a "clock" cake and we have food galore!
We dance, play games and make alot of noise at midnight..

traditionally we burn a note with any thing we want to forget from the previous year

we eat 12 grapes hold 12 coins and toast at midnight along with the hug.

We try to cram alot in those 60 seconds! LOL:merry:I don't like to drive on New Years Eve...too dangerous!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image