New Years Eve..

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
If anyone here lives in Pennsylvania...
Our gang is considering going to City Island for New Years Eve...

They have a "strawberry" drop; fireworks and lots of stuff for the kids~

www.harrisburgevents.com

Looks like a good time Morelia. Thanks for sharing. I have a brother in Oakdale. Not sure if that is near this place or not.

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
Dh and I usually spend every NYE like this:

Dh: What do you want to do?
Me: I don't know, what do you want to do?

Lather, rinse repeat for three hours until we're both so frustrated because it's NYE and we're young and we feel like we should be doing "something" but neither of us knows what that "something" is. We live in a smallish town so your NYE options are usually bars (so not the scene for either of us) OR going to the town "First Night" celebration which is a total boring snooze fest.

Then, eventually, we'll both be so disappointed and frustrated that we'll end up snapping at each other. I can't count the number of times we've started the New Year with an argument.

SO, this year, we've got a few extra dollars and I made reservations at a hotel in a nearby larger town. So, we'll probably take in a movie, go out to a nice dinner and then retire back to the hotel where we'll hit the hotel bar and then spend the rest of the evening in the hot tub!

officepro4u

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 6, 2007
Apopka, FL
www.officepro4u.com
Perfect Sunshine73!!! I couldn't think of a better way to start the new year. Have fun!!

Sanity Clause

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Oct 1, 2007
Whitstable,UK
At midnight I jump into the New Year from a chair and kiss my family/friends and we form a circle and dance and sing Auld Lang Syne and then watch the London fireworks on TV.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Sunshine that does sound like a great time. I think you will thank yourself later for such a good idea...And I am sure your DH will too! Have fun and be safe=)

M

mammaduke

Sunshine, that really sounds like alot of fun. We'll be here as we usually are watching the ball go down in NY city. This year I'll probably be up alone since Bob is still healing from his surgery, I'll wake him at 11:30 so we can see the ball. I'll also be on the chat to wish everyone a new year & count down together as we did Christmas.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
I will also be in chat tonight Mammaduke...Would be nice if others join us to bring in the New Year. See you this evening.

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
:rudolph:I'm so happy! MY husband got out of work around 1:30 this afternooon. WE're staying home tonight, and having appetizers. Yah! I don't have to cook! I'm making a turkey dinner for tomorrow night! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
:rudolph:I'm so happy! MY husband got out of work around 1:30 this afternooon. WE're staying home tonight, and having appetizers. Yah! I don't have to cook! I'm making a turkey dinner for tomorrow night! HAPPY NEW YEAR![/quot

That's nice Novelist that your husband got off work early. Enjoy yourself this evening and Happy New Year!

Euan Buchan

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Oct 14, 2007
Edinburgh UK
lennontribute1.zoomshare.com
This New Year's Eve was probably the worst I've been too normally we go to a paty but this year we went to a family friends house who don't have many friends so it was like 5 different families in the room and all we did was chat. Hopefully next year will be better

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
This New Year's Eve was probably the worst I've been too normally we go to a paty but this year we went to a family friends house who don't have many friends so it was like 5 different families in the room and all we did was chat. Hopefully next year will be better
That's kind of a bummer...Did you have a nice dinner there or some wonderful appetizers? Was there any champagne flowing? I personally stayed home but that's what I wanted to do anyhow.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
For NYE we go out to the lake - we have a trailer at the lake where we spend our weekends in the summer. We have become really great friends with our neighbors out there. Our landing is a seasonal landing, so we have no water in the winter. For NYE most of our neighbors come back to the lake (we bring water in 5 gallon buckets so we are able to flush the toilet) & we all walk up to the little bar that's just down the road from our landing. It's such a great time! It's always great to see everybody again ~ Our water is turned off out there on Nov. 1st, so by the time NYE rolls around, we haven't seen the lake neighbors for 2 months. We go from seeing them every Friday, Saturday & Sunday to not seeing them for 2 months...it's a joyous reunion!! Lol!!
:dance:

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
For NYE we go out to the lake - we have a trailer at the lake where we spend our weekends in the summer. We have become really great friends with our neighbors out there. Our landing is a seasonal landing, so we have no water in the winter. For NYE most of our neighbors come back to the lake (we bring water in 5 gallon buckets so we are able to flush the toilet) & we all walk up to the little bar that's just down the road from our landing. It's such a great time! It's always great to see everybody again ~ Our water is turned off out there on Nov. 1st, so by the time NYE rolls around, we haven't seen the lake neighbors for 2 months. We go from seeing them every Friday, Saturday & Sunday to not seeing them for 2 months...it's a joyous reunion!! Lol!!
:dance:
Holiday, you die hard!*L* Been there done that. It really does sound like a wonderful time. A weekend would be fine...but I couldn't do it everyday... well in the winter that is. I bet you guys... all really have a good time in the summer too. Thanks for sharing=)

act_as_if

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 20, 2007
Orion, Illinois
New years eve isn't really a big deal in my house. Even though it is my birthday. We spent the evening at home. Although, I did get to pick where we went to eat!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Holiday, you die hard!*L* Been there done that. It really does sound like a wonderful time. A weekend would be fine...but I couldn't do it everyday... well in the winter that is. I bet you guys... all really have a good time in the summer too. Thanks for sharing=)

Hi Annette1990 ~ I am with you about not being able to do it everyday!! One night is good, but more than that might be "rough"! :lol: We're so spoiled..... We are so fortunate to have such wonderful & fun people as our neighbors at the lake. We have a great time....water or no water!! :smile:

P

pbrbullrider

i do the same thang Annette dont do much on New Years Eve just stay home and let the new year come to us

Jeff G "Bullrider"

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image