Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Ornament Collecting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NutmegNan, Aug 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. NutmegNan

NutmegNan Merry Maker Extraordinaire MMC Donor Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I haven't seen this question posted....
    Who here collects ornaments? Tell us about your collection no matter how large or small.
    Is there a theme or is it whimsy? Name a few of your favorites or any you really hope to find. Where do you find your ornaments or do some just find you? How many do you have?

HollyJolly likes this.
  2. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

I have a few collections as i love my New England rustic ornaments but,i also love my snowmen which i have many and i also love country ornaments like the old sleds,trucks,skates.I'm also a collector of alot of retro-vintage ornaments as well as i now have five trees and i also use ornaments in my own rag garlands that i make as i have a very large room just filled with christmas.

HollyJolly and NutmegNan like this.
  3. WintersElf

WintersElf Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

i LOVE HANDMADE FELTED ORNAMENTS..also santas...and anything glittery...no glass of any kind tho...i have cats..haha

4. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I have a variety of Christmas ornaments. I do have a set of carousel ornaments my sister bought me one year, but overall, I have many different kinds of ornaments.

5. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I have many themed trees so I guess I do collect ornaments! I have a white tree with pastel lights and all different snowflake ornaments on it and a white tree with colored lights with nutcracker ornaments on it (standing next to my ever-growing collection of nutcrackers!) as well as a beach-themed tr

HollyJolly likes this.
  6. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Ok, where did the rest of my sentence go?? to finish that sentence: a beach-themed tree where we put all the beach ornaments we collect on vacations so I guess I collect snowflake, nutcracker, and beach ornaments!

HollyJolly likes this.
  7. Bethene

Bethene Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

I collect vintage style..I have some that were my mom's and try to find similar. Also glass sparkly ones.
    And I collect snowmen ornaments..

8. Contented

Contented Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I collect angel ornaments and just about angel anything else. I've been collecting my angels for over 20 years.-gift-

HollyJolly and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  9. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

We give the kids a couple new hallmark ornaments every year for Christmas. We select the ornaments based off of what their likes and interest are. It's nice to look over the years to see how their likes, interests and styles have changed.

10. lisa48317

lisa48317 Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

If I see an ornament and it makes me laugh - then I guess that's what I collect! The most recent was I found is a burrito. My first grandbaby is due December 26, and when my daughter was first starting to show, we joked around about how it looked like she just ate a big burrito. So he's been burrito baby ever since! I couldn't pass this one up!
    I also have entirely too many nutcrackers (like over 100) - I should pack up a bunch & ship them to sugarmuffin to contribute to her collection!
    I would love to have a big enough house to have 2 trees (850sqft ain't cutting it!) so I could have the pretty / sentimental ornaments on one and the obnoxious / WTF ornaments on the other!

HollyJolly and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  11. Dudley

Dudley Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

We used to get the Hallmark "Our First Christmas Together" every year until Hallmark stop making the glass balls.

HollyJolly likes this.
  12. oldncrusty

oldncrusty Mistletoe Hanger Merry Forums Member

All the ornaments on my tree are European blown glass style. They all aren't actually made in Europe, but those are what I have.

christmasjingles likes this.
  13. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

In my house, we don't collect a certain ornament per se, but we do go get ornaments every year from Hallmark for the entire family. It's a tradition that we've done since we've been a couple and we continue to do it for the kids. My parents also do it for us as well. We've got many ornaments on our tree from there.

DecemberisComing likes this.
  14. DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing Snowman Engineer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I collect Peanuts ornaments and decor, specifically the Charlie Brown Christmas themed ones, not so much the miniatures or the Spotlight on Snoopy ones. And like Minta I try to buy my loved ones ornaments that represent something they did or liked during the year.