Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Attention! Planning Your Christmas Stamps

Discussion in 'Christmas Home' started by Jeff Westover, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Maebeary

Maebeary Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I have a start on next year. :sway:

2. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I am so looking forward to this year's Christmas card exchange. This is one of my favorite things about the mail.

3. KimB

KimB Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I’m afraid I’m ignorant on the price of International stamps. I’ve just taken parcels and letters to the post office and paid there. Can someone enlighten me on international stamps ?

4. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

USA Global International stamps are $1.15 apiece. They have a lively poinsettia design you can use for Christmas.
    https://store.usps.com/store/results/stamps/international/_/N-9y93lvZ1e3wmi6

ponytramp and KimB like this.
  5. KimB

Thanks. So these stamps can be used to send a card to any country?

6. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Yes, I believe so. The info says you can send a 1-ounce letter (or card) to any country to which first-class international mail service is available. Which are: https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immctry.htm

KimB likes this.
  7. KimB

Thanks. I ended up ordering my International stamps from USPS last night along with some other stamps from E-Bay. I even have a few stamps left over from last year as I didn't send out cards.

This is a wonderful tradition. I'm so glad I found this site.

MerryCarey likes this.
  8. Dudley

Dudley Santa Clausologist Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

We'll pop over to the post office in early November to get our Christmas stamps. Each year we get our Christmas cards ready and mail them the day before Thanksgiving. That way as soon as Thanksgiving is over people begin receiving their Christmas card.

ponytramp likes this.
  9. Speaks

Speaks Awkward Bob Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Just ordered my Santa stamps for this year. Will likely just take a stack of international cards to the post office directly when they're ready to go.

10. Dudley

Dudley Santa Clausologist Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

The local post office has not received their 2019 Christmas stamps, but still had plenty of last year's Santa Claus stamps so I got those.

KimB likes this.
  11. KimB

I had to order another book of International stamps. Now I have about 8 extra books of domestic Christmas stamps. They'll make nice Christmas gifts to go along with my gift cards.

WintersElf likes this.
  12. WintersElf

WintersElf Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

i need one more book of stamps then im ready..

13. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Sending out cards today.