Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Station Christmas Music Stunt Log

Discussion in 'Christmas Radio & Audio' started by RadioJonD, Mar 28, 2011.

1. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

Seems like I saw where the online North Pole Radio is now only seasonal. Makes me wonder if KNBQ became an "affiliate" of the online station or came up with the same name themselves.

1 person likes this.
  2. DoYouHearWhatIHear

DoYouHearWhatIHear Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Premiere Member

I just tried to get North Pole Radio to work (one of my favorite year-round stations until last year when I couldn't get it to work ever!) and it has a "Now Playing" list under the players but none of the players work! Oh well. Back to Santa 93 until the season...

1 person likes this.
  3. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

[​IMG]

According to this article at Radio Insight, 103.9 K280DD Las Vegas has signed on the air as
    “Christmas 103.9."

The real format will be coming sometime before Labor Day (U.S.). No online stream that I could find.

4. DoYouHearWhatIHear

Exciting News to celebrate Labor Day Weekend!! LITE 105 Internet Radio out of Dayton will be playing a Christmas Preview weekend! All Christmas starting at Noon EST on Friday!! You can find the station here: http://wlqtdb.stormsignalradio.com/

Enjoy! I know I will be!

RadioJonD and snowflake22 like this.
  5. RadioJonD

[​IMG]

From the Duluth News Tribune:

Billed as "The Northland's only year-round Christmas music superstation" WEBC-AM 560 in Duluth, Minnesota dropped it's ESPN Sports format Wednesday, September 30, 2015. A translator (W293CT) was added on 106.5-FM.

Radio Insight says it's a stunt. True, but for how long? Will WEBC be the first 2015 all Christmas station?

Check Ho Ho 106.5's (mistakenly labeled 160.5) FaceBook page for some less than enthusiastic comments. Beware! Strong language.

6. RadioJonD

From Radio Insight we learn that KAUU. 105.1 FM is stunting with Christmas music.

This is before a move from simulcasting KEGA, 101.5 FM's Country format. Whatever the new format is will debut November 1, 2015.

Until then listeners in the area can listen to "The Gift." No online link was found. All the KAUU links in apps such as Tune In are still of KEGA.

7. DoYouHearWhatIHear

Happy News! Lite105 Internet Radio out of Dayton has been having some issues recently with upgrades-that's not the happy news. Because of some downtime, they're playing CHRISTMAS MUSIC for about a week or so! It's not a terrestrial radio station, but hey-I'll take what I can get! 8 months til the Big Day!

XmasDreams likes this.
  8. RadioJonD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Radio Insight reports CFCA-FM - KooL 105.3, Kitchener, Ontario Canada has temporarily switched to all Christmas until Noon, Friday, July 29, 2016. This precedes a format change.

Online listen link is along the top of the page in a narrow gray box.

snowflake22 likes this.
  9. RadioJonD

[​IMG]

Former 'Star 92.1' is now 'Christmas Star.'

WMYB in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina will reveal "the gift" aka the new format Thursday, September 15, 2016. Until then, listen to all Christmas music on 92.1 & online.

While you're at it, see the yeas and nays on Star's FaceBook page.

Source: Radio Insight.

10. DoYouHearWhatIHear

http://www.1037play.com/

103.7 PLAY WURV out of Richmond, VA will be playing Christmas music all day tomorrow just for the day! It's for a a giveaway it says, but still-it's a flip (and flop back)!

RadioJonD likes this.
  11. RadioJonD

Spring has Sprung for 2017 and so has Santa-FM in Panama City, Florida.

[​IMG]

After some frequency switching around after lightning struck their tower, station WYYX in Bonify, Florida has returned to 101.1 FM. After the Spring Break stunt, call leters will change to WWLY while WYYX will go back to the sister station on 97.7.

Got that?...Me either. Listen live at http://streamdb4web.securenetsystems.net/v5/WVVE

And don't forget to like the 101.1 Santa-FM FaceBook page.

From RadioInsight:

With Rock “97X” WYYX relocating back to 97.7, Magic Broadcasting has launched Christmas Music “100.1 Santa-FM” WWLY Panama City Beach FL.

The station has gone beyond the usual Christmas stunt to at least give the appearance of its promise of “Christmas Hits All Year”. The station is running live remotes this weekend including “Rudolph’s Foam Party” on Saturday, March 25 described as “Christmas music? Check! Glow sticks? Check! Reindeer hats? Check! 10,000 gallons of foam? Check!”

Prior to WYYX’s tower being struck by lightning and 100.1 becoming the temporary home of “97X” last August, the station was Rhythmic Oldies “Groove 100.1” WVVE.

Minta likes this.
  12. RadioJonD

[​IMG]

And, just like that (finger snap), Santa-FM gives way to Wild Willie 100.1, Real! Country! Legends!

The Santa-FM stunt format file awaits its next station.

Stay tuned here!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  13. RadioJonD

Radio Insight reports that 93.3 W227CX North Palm Beach/92.1 WRLX-HD2 West Palm Beach, Florida is stunting with Christmas music. Probably a format change coming.

I didn't find an online listen link. I won't go off on iHeart this t
    ime.

cgmcav likes this.
  14. ColeThePony

ColeThePony Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class MMC Member

15. KWasser

KWasser Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class MMC Lifer

Ooooh yeah, I remember this online radio station! I saw a few months back that that website had closed down (along with Santa98, the spinoff station). That was depressing. So I guess Lite105 is back up and running?!? And (for now) it's playing Christmas music?!? Awesome!! I'll be tuning in!

XmasDreams and RadioJonD like this.
  16. ColeThePony

I listened to it.
    But KWasser. that christmas station will change into Magic 105 and Christmas Lites will be on the air honestly at the end of June

RadioJonD and XmasDreams like this.
  17. ColeThePony

We all know Lite 105 Dayton is stunting as a christmas music station as Santa 105. but that's not the only radio station stunting with christmas music.. This one is 107.3 FM. it's not in Dayton. It's in Northern Colorado.

Here's the article (source: https://radioinsight.com/headlines/118538/christmas-june-northern-colorado/ )

iHeartMedia has dropped the Christian AC “Up 107.3” format on K297AK Loveland CO/97.9 KXBG-HD2 Cheyenne WY in favor of its usually seasonal “Santa 107.3” Christmas identity.

W297AK has used the “Santa 107.3” moniker each of the past three holiday seasons. In 2014 and 2015 it predated a format change, which will be the case here as well.

This is the second of iHeartMedia’s three “Up” branded Christan AC stations to drop the format in recent weeks. 103.7 W279AQ Mascoutah IL/KLOU-HD2 St. Louis flipped to Urban AC last month. The format remains on 1280 KZFS/99.3 K257FX Spokane WA.

Take a listen: http://up1073.iheart.com/

KWasser, RadioJonD and He_Is_Born like this.
  18. ColeThePony

[​IMG]

UPDATE:
    Bye, Lite 105! Hello, MAGIC!

Well. it's a end of a era in Dayton
    Lite 105 officially had it's final broadcast and IT'S OFFICIALLY FLIPPED to Magic 105 Dayton following the Santa 105 stunt.
    But i am still waiting for Christmas Lite Radio to launch..

[​IMG]

RadioJonD likes this.
  19. KWasser

That counts as the start of "Christmas in July", in my book. ;)

....As I look over that 107.3 website, they haven't changed the website to reflect the Christmas theme. That kinda sucks. But still, it's Christmas music on terrestrial radio...

RadioJonD likes this.
  20. KWasser

Okay, but what's the actual link to the new Magic 105 website? Or to their online radio feed? And are they going to split off and have a "year round" Christmas radio station? (like they used to have)?

RadioJonD likes this.