Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Retro Toys

Discussion in 'Retro' started by Ryan, May 13, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan Christmas Podmaster MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Crew

I love Magnum, But probably not in the same way you do. ;)

He is a good detective but also light-hearted at times. Not overly cynical like some. But I don't mind the cynical at ti!es. I love the Rockford Files!

snowflake22 likes this.
  2. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

I loved Magnum P.I. First & foremost for the mysteries & cast, scenery, etc. is just an added bonus that Tom Selleck is easy on the eyes ;)

Rockford Files was awesome! That was my mom's favorite, she also adored James Garner.

Hallmark movies and mysteries is my favorite channel, I love watching all the old mystery shows they run!!
    And I love the new Mystery series they have been putting out as well!

Ryan likes this.
  3. HollyJolly

HollyJolly Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor

I was lucky enough to get THREE Marx Carry-All Action playsets over several years as a kid. They were my big Sears Wishbook items. They were sort of tin metal suitcases with lithographs on outside and inside. You opened them and they became a playset environment. They contained plastic people, equipment, etc. I had Fort Apache, Cape Canaveral, & Fighting Knights. The latter two were my favorites. The Fighting Knights one had castle parts that snapped onto the case thereby turning it into a castle. Good times. I also had Major Matt Mason stuff as I was fascinated by anything space related. Then I found out that my great-aunt worked for NASA. Nerd-heaven!

snowflake22, XmasDreams and Ryan like this.
  4. Ryan

That's great! Thanks for sharing.

snowflake22 and XmasDreams like this.
  5. Ryan

Do you watch Blue Bloods?

I met Jamess Garner. He's from Norman, OK, which is right by my hometown. Us Oklahoma Cherokees have to stick together. ;)

snowflake22 and XmasDreams like this.
  6. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

I do!! Love that show.

That is awesome! Was he a genuine guy?

Ryan likes this.
  7. Ryan

Seemed to be. I have my picture with him. Caden was just a baby and Garner played with him for a month, trying to take his pacifier. :)

XmasDreams and snowflake22 like this.
  8. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

One of my fond memories when I was a tot was sitting down with the Christmas catalog and going through the toy section, writing down exactly what I wanted and what page it was on! For years I asked for one of those ballerina dolls that danced when you held her tiara, but Santa never brought her ...

XmasDreams and Ryan like this.
  9. Ryan

I too enjoyed looking through the catalog and making a list.

I'm sorry Santa didn't come through. I'm sure he had a good reason...

10. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

No hard feelings, of course!

XmasDreams and Ryan like this.