Saint Patrick's Day 2009

CharlestonNole

Keeper of the Yule Goat
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 22, 2008
www.hauntedchucktown.com
March 17, 2009

Y'all got any good St Paddy's Day stories or plans?

Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Displaced Canadian now in Perthshire, Scotland
Nothing celebratory (not a holiday that is recognised over here) but I'm taking my son for his interview at Aberdeen University.

Keep fingers and toes crossed please - if he gets in, hopefully in 3 years time there'll be another elementary school teacher on the go!!!!!!!!!

CharlestonNole

Keeper of the Yule Goat
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 22, 2008
www.hauntedchucktown.com
Nothing celebratory (not a holiday that is recognised over here) but I'm taking my son for his interview at Aberdeen University.

Keep fingers and toes crossed please - if he gets in, hopefully in 3 years time there'll be another elementary school teacher on the go!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Good luck to him!

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
I plan to make corned beef and cabbage. Good luck to your son Maureen. I hope it all goes well for him. cheesy

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
St Patrick's day

Anyone do anything special on this day? I am decorating my bus with some of those window stickers and giving the kids each a shamrock pin with the legend of St Patrick story attached.

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
Yeah....I celebrate my birthday on St. Patrick´s Day.....:D....other than that...no...nothing for it...tho I sometimes wear something green...even tho it´s more accidentaly....and an American friend once told me...if I don´t...someone was allowed to pinch me...

Solice

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian
We celebrate my husband (to be) birthday on St. Patrick´s Day
But 2 years ago we were celebrating birthday and St.Patricks Day in Dublin, Irland.
That was fun! :mrgreen:

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good luck to your son, Maureen! Solice, that is so cool being able to go to Ireland for the holidays!

This is kind of silly, but I read the scratch and sniff Winnie the Pooh book I used to read to my first dog, Rufus. The 17th is the date of his birth and although he has been gone fifteen years now, I still miss him. I also wear something green.

Reactions: 1 person

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
My grandfather was Irish so I have a strong heritage which I'm very proud of because the Irish helped build the United States with their hard work and yes they were fighters, they had to be because when they came here society really looked down on them. But they pressed on and I'm very proud of their work ethics, their courage and their love for family and the United States.
So I honor the day set aside to celebrate the Irish in America.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image