Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Saturday Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week is back! We're here again on the final Saturday morning of October. Wow. Where have the last 2 months gone? I feel like I just started this thread for Bers Saturday Mornings and we're almost halfway through them. I am watching my usual cartoons while still looking into those older cartoons I grew up with online. I found something on boomerang I think where you can subscribe and see a lot of cartoons any time you want but I read sub-par reviews on it. I'm still on the search for more info on Saturday Morning Cartoons from the 1980s and 1990s. Hopefully today I'll pass along more info to you all. Other than that I'm going to get my Dunkin Iced Mocha/Caramel Coffee and having a Mcdonalds Sausage Biscuit & Hashbrown with it which I get once a month. Love that combo. What are you up to this SATURDAY MORNING? Hope you have a great one no matter what it is!​

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  2. Mr. Hankey

Mr. Hankey Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Premiere Member

Uhhh, October 19th?? Today is the 26th.

Anyways, thought I would share this. You can order many titles of vintage and classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon shows through the Warner Brothers online store. Some of these are "made to order" DVD sets and are only available through the site:

https://www.wbshop.com/pages/search-results-page?q=hanna+barbera&page=1

I saw that they have "Valley of the Dinosaurs" which was one of my favorites back in the day. I may just have to spring for this one.

Edge612 and Dudley like this.
  3. Edge612

Corrected that date. Thank you. I guess that I wish Bers would slow down a little.

And thank you for the link!

4. Edge612

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! Here we are again at the Best time of the Week. And now it's NOVEMBER. Uh oh. Well that's not a bad thing but the chill outside is starting. Makes it feel like the holiday season is coming though and it is. That's a great thing. I'm going to have a big peppermint mocha iced coffee here from Dunkin and jelly donut. Peppermint mocha makes me think it's the holidays because it usually comes out in November. And I'm definitely checking out that link from Mr. Hankey. Thank you for that. Hope everyone is enjoying the best time of week...Saturday Morning! ​

SnowflakeMom likes this.
  5. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Peppermint mocha is one of my faves too! I have never had it iced..will definitely have to try it!

Enjoy your day Edge!

Edge612 likes this.
  6. Edge612

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! It's the best time of the week again. And boy is it COLD. 21 degrees this morning. This is the coldest we've had in almost 8 months. That's a long time. But hey winter is getting closer. It's the 2nd half of Autumn. And I'm ready to go out and still get my "iced" coffee in this weather like I do every Saturday at Dunkin. I'm also going with the traditional jelly donut. Speaking of traditional, I was looking through some of those cartoons that we all mentioned. I'm trying to pick one and stick with one to watch every Saturday. Does anyone remember when Pee-Wee's Playhouse was on Saturday mornings? One of my brothers loved that show. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your Saturday morning and day. Have a great Saturday Morning!​

SnowflakeMom likes this.
  7. Edge612

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week is here (yet again). Amazing isn't it? We have sunshine out this Saturday morning like usual. I'm having my big iced coffee (peppermint mocha style) and some jelly donuts. What could be better? Not much. And to think how close we are to Thanksgiving now is amazing. Next Saturday will be HUGE here because it will be the weekend before Thanksgiving. Plans today? Mine are to do errands, relax and have fun. Cartoon network time. Have a great Saturday Morning!​

Dudley, frostyman and SnowflakeMom like this.
  8. SnowflakeMom

I am meeting a friend for breakfast today and then not too many plans.. I have to catch up on some laundry and chores around the house.

Edge612, Dudley and frostyman like this.
  9. Edge612

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! We have reached the best time of the week (yet again). Incredible. This is the FINAL Saturday before Thanksgiving. Talk about the best time of the week (or year). It's been a fun Bers season so far. I have McDonald's breakfast here. I got a sausage biscuit (no egg) and hashbrown. Of course, I got my big peppermint mocha iced coffee also. Bugs Bunny is on my t.v. right now. Lots of errands to do after my relaxing here this Saturday morning. Time to get ready for Thanksgiving. That's what this Saturday morning is about. How about yours? ​

10. SnowflakeMom

I am having coffee and relaxing a bit. I will run to the store later for my Thanksgiving food items. I will probably go to Target on Monday night to get the rest of my items.

Edge612 likes this.
  11. Edge612

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! We have reached the best time of the week again. However, this week some of you may argue the best time of the week was on Thursday with Thanksgiving and it would be hard for me to argue with that :). But it's another Saturday morning here and I'm glad for that and it still feels special. A cold one here but I'm still rocking my iced coffee after getting some Black Friday shopping done. What are your plans this Saturday morning? I bet a few cartoons and relaxing wouldn't hurt after a busy Thanksgiving. Have a great Saturday Morning!​

12. SnowflakeMom

Merry Saturday!
    I am enjoying some coffee and we will decorate and put up the tree later.

13. Edge612

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week has returned. This week seemed like a blur to me. I guess that's the way it goes when you're crazy busy at work. And it makes the Christmas Season go even faster. But we still have 2 more full weeks to go before Christmas Weekend and heading into Christmas Week. I've got my usual iced coffee here with an apple fritter. Putting on a few Christmas Cartoons this Saturday morning and then heading to the mall later. Whatever your plans are enjoy a fun and relaxing Saturday morning (and weekend ahead)!

Dudley and SnowflakeMom like this.
  14. SnowflakeMom

I am having some coffee and watching Hallmark and we are going to head out to the mall in a bit.
    Enjoy your Saturday!

15. Edge612

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week is here again folks. And there's only 1 more of these to go (after today) until Christmas comes! Does that scare you? It scares me for sure but of course is exciting. Saturday morning has arrived and I'm having a jelly donut with an iced coffee. Great stuff. That's what Saturday mornings are about. It's about the great stuff. And that's what the Christmas Season is about. I better get wrapping though. I am running out of time quickly. Checking out a few cartoons and maybe a few Christmas cartoons this Saturday morning. Whatever your plans are enjoy this great Saturday Morning in December!​

Dudley likes this.
  16. SolidSnake84

SolidSnake84 Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

Happy Saturday morning! I'm drinking starbucks holiday blend that i currently have stockpiled lol. (Two cases of 72 pods each from Costco). I'm saving it for the weekends and the occasional use (I have regular coffee as well), and hoping that my rationing gets me through until at least the late summer, when it will start showing up again at Costco.

I"m tremendously scared and excited at the same time that we are THIS close to Christmas. Excited because i love Christmas all the time, but the fear is creeping in that i'm not quite ready to say goodbye to Christmas season, even though i've mentioned on here a million times that I think it is just as much fun to count down the time in the New Year. So i have anxiety about that week or so give or take between Christmas and New Years. Once January 2nd hits, it's like my brain/heart "resets", and i go back to happily counting down the days until we hit milestone dates / rudolph days, etc.. Happy Saturday! :)

17. Edge612

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week is here again. But this is an extra special one. I have a sausage mcmuffin and hashbrown here with my big iced coffee. And I'm watching Christmas cartoons! What else should I be doing on December 21? And I have Christmas wrapping to do (and maybe a last minute purchase too if I find a good gift). I am just feeling the love in the air and the special feeling that only Christmas can bring. It's Christmas Weekend! And this is the last Saturday morning before Christmas arrives. What are your plans? Merry Christmas Saturday Morning Everyone!​

18. SnowflakeMom

I am headed to Target in bit for a quick trip. Tonight my husband and I have a party although to be honest I would rather be on my couch with the Christmas lights on and a Christmas movie.

Edge612 likes this.
  19. Edge612

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week is here again. Or is it? It's tough to say that on this day week when we had Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and some of the most memorable magical moments of the year. But hey it's Saturday morning so I've got my jelly donut game on here. And I've got some cartoons on. All is right in my world. I'm a happy guy. And I hope that for 2020 we can post here 52 Saturday mornings in a row. Ironically the last one will be the day after Christmas. But that day December 26 has not even phased me the last few years. I've actually felt happy the day after Christmas. And I'm continuing that positive mojo into my Saturday morning. Have a great Saturday Morning!​

sugar142286 likes this.
  20. SnowflakeMom

I am having some coffee and watching Hallmark. Saturday is one of the best days of the week for sure!

Edge612 and sugar142286 like this.