Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Saturday Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Sep 7, 2019.

1. DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing Snowman Engineer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Definitely the best day of the week, and as I have Monday off today feels like an extra special treat! It is going to be a cloudy day here and currently feels like 6 degrees, but I have Italian Beef in the show cooker and after my usual Saturday morning chores I am going to continue crafting for my niece's bridal shower, so I am feeling good. Have a great Saturday!

ballcoach, Edge612 and SnowflakeMom like this.
  2. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I are enjoying some coffee and relaxing. Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends and I am hoping to head to the gym later.
    Enjoy your Saturday!

DecemberisComing and Edge612 like this.
  3. ballcoach

ballcoach Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

I was just going to complain about the weather and I saw Auntie, I believe, talk about it being -30 where she saw. I'm freezing here (25), but I bet it feels tropical compared to that!

Good Saturday morning, friends! Coffee is hot! We have tee-ball sign-ups today and my Razorbacks play baseball on TV. They won yesterday. Can't wait to watch them, again. I tried to have a fire and watch outside, but my wood was too wet. Hopefully, I can today. We will see.

Y'all have a good Saturday!

Edge612 and DecemberisComing like this.
  4. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2020
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week is here yet again. And this is the 4th of 5 February Saturdays (interesting how the shortest month of the year has 5 Saturdays in it). A cold start but warming up quickly today and nicely with sun. A jelly donut or 2 might be nice this a.m. with some coffee. And a relaxing atmosphere after a long 5 day work week. This is why we love Saturday mornings. Some errands to do but some fun to be had by all also. And some relaxation. Do not forget that part. Let us know what your plans are this Saturday a.m. Have a great one as always!​

5. DecemberisComing

I agree, I love Saturday mornings when I tackle some chores and errands and have a few fun things to do. I think so many of us have jobs that give us the feeling of never being done, that I need the sense of accomplishment that I get from Saturday mornings! Tonight I am attending a Trivia Night to celebrate my sister's birthday.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Edge612 likes this.
  6. ballcoach

Well, I had Men's Church planned this morning and Youth Sports sign ups....but it isn't meant to be. Bambina and I are sick...so staying at home and taking it easy.

Edge612 and SnowflakeMom like this.
  7. SnowflakeMom

Hope you both are better soon!

Edge612 likes this.
  8. SnowflakeMom

I am enjoying some coffee and waiting for the repair guy to come for my washer. He said between 8-12 and I am hoping it is on the earlier side. I have a few errands to run..

Edge612 likes this.
  9. Edge612

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 2020
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week is here. And we get a bonus (5th) Saturday this year on February 29th. What will you do with the extra day this year? I'll be out doing my usual Saturday stuff. It's cold out today but the sun will shine and without much wind it should feel better. And of course it's Saturday which makes everything seem better too. Winter is starting to wind down. Spring is not far away. It's an exciting time folks. What's your plans this Saturday? Have a great one! I'm headed to get my iced coffee/jelly donut combo now!​

Dudley and SnowflakeMom like this.
  10. DecemberisComing

I'll do my usual Saturday chores and errands too, but I hope to get my Spring and Easter decorations out and ready to enjoy. I can't believe how fast February went and that winter is almost over.

Have a great Saturday, MMC!

Edge612, Dudley and SnowflakeMom like this.
  11. SnowflakeMom

I am relaxing and having some coffee. I need to catch up on folding some laundry and do a few errands..

Edge612, Dudley and DecemberisComing like this.
  12. Dudley

Dudley Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

SATURDAY!!! 74 and sunny/cloudy. I'll be continuing on prepping the area for the new lawn. Mostly need to remove some dirt and level. If all goes well I can be laying the sod down in 2 weeks. Part of the project is automating the sprinklers so a trip to Home Depot is on the near horizon.

Fajitas today for dinner. Looking forward to a couple of margaritas and beers.

13. ballcoach

It isn't 12:00, so I'm going to say this is still morning.

Hope yall are well today. Had church this morning (our men's group) and about to take girls outside and play baseball.

After that, I'm going to cook a few things to eat and watch ballgames.

Yall have a good one!

DecemberisComing, Edge612 and Dudley like this.
  14. Edge612

SATURDAY, MARCH 7, 2020
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week is here! Oh it's here again. And it's amazing we went through 5 Saturdays in February. Just doesn't seem like it. Went too fast. Time to enjoy the first one of March. The sun is out here and I'm going to get a jelly donut and coffee. Well make that iced coffee of course. I have some errands to do for sure. But hoping to meet a friend who I haven't seen in months to hang out too. What's your plans this Saturday morning? It's been a long week so enjoy this one!​

DecemberisComing likes this.
  15. ballcoach

Jelly donut sounds good, Edge. Coffee....has to be hot.

Going to have a busy weekend. Play outside, go see a movie, baseball/softball sign-ups...going to be a good day.

16. SnowflakeMom

I am enjoying some coffee now and I have a few errands to do. We are having some friends over for dinner tonight.

17. Edge612

SATURDAY, MARCH 14, 2020
    Happy Saturday Morning! It's been a good week but now the best time of the week is upon us again. This is the final weekend of winter. Think about it. The next time we have a Saturday morning during the winter is...December 26th. Shudder at that! But to think we have all the best stuff to come before that is awesome. McDonalds Sausage Biscuit and Hashrbrown here. Coach's favorite coffee (but iced) and then some fun and errands. Hope the stores aren't mobbed! Have a great Saturday Morning/Saturday in General!​

SnowflakeMom and ballcoach like this.
  18. ballcoach

Happy Saturday Morning, friends. I, too, am having a sausage biscuit and my coffee is hot!

Today, I have a little league meeting to attend. Other than that, today involves a fire pit, grilling, cards, and nothing else...

Edge612 and SnowflakeMom like this.
  19. SnowflakeMom

Merry Saturday! I am headed out to Target in a bit to do some errands and then we may grill out tonight...hope you all have a great day!

ballcoach and Edge612 like this.
  20. Edge612

SATURDAY, MARCH 14, 2020
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week is here again folks. Yes indeed. I know things have been tough this week and may be even tougher in the next several weeks to come but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. And the light this morning for me would be this jelly donut and iced coffee (sorry Coach I know you like hot). Just some errands to do today and some exercise outdoors. Have a great Saturday Morning and Weekend!​

DecemberisComing likes this.