Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Shopping in stores vs shopping online.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kelly ann, Oct 15, 2019.

1. ponytramp

ponytramp Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member

I don't like the crowds either, which is why I go to the stores late in the evening. I try to get most of my shopping done before Thanksgiving so I can avoid the malls. (and the crowds)

A lot of times I can find better deals online, which is great. And naturally shopping online is more convenient.

The big annoyance can be the delivery itself. They always warn about package thefts but I think the blame should be shared with the delivery people themselves. For example, one person on amazon posted a review of a product and they told of how the amazon delivery person delivered the package. The buyer was home at the time and witnessed what happened. The driver took 2 steps up the walkway and proceeded to throw the package onto the middle of the walkway. (instead of walking up to the door and putting it there) The buyer took a photo of it and posted it. The package wasn't even near the front door and was in plain sight to anyone walking by. That's pretty bad.

So there are pro's and con's either way.

2. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

I ordered a lot from Amazon this year. Two of the items looked like they may have been used. I’m a novice at this. Might I have missed that info. somewhere?

3. RachRon

RachRon Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

Part of the hustle and bustle of the season was being out and about with fellow shoppers. That part of Christmas is fading fast most stores are basically empty of people now except for the very last minute things when everyone’s panicking!! Gone are the days of simply Christmas shopping with the music playing in the background just enjoying being in the season !

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  4. ponytramp

ponytramp Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member

I went to the grocery tonight and all of the decorations were already gone. What a shame.

Christmasplease. It should say on amazon if the item is used. If you ordered (and paid for) a new item but you receive one that is used then you should contact amazon about a replacement. If you paid for new, you should get new.

I ordered several things off of amazon myself. (some were gifts, some were things for myself) The biggest problem was UPS. Service was horrible this year. It was so bad that it was in the local news. As long as companies continue to use UPS then they have no incentive to improve their service.

One package (that contained items from several different orders) - UPS returned to amazon for some unknown reason. Another package arrived at UPS (about 4 miles from me) on the 3rd and I only just got the package. It sat in the UPS black hole for over 3 weeks. A third box (another one that contained items from several different orders) - UPS opened it and stole the items and then reported back to amazon that the box was empty. I looked online and others were reporting the same problems. :mad:

So .. is it worth ordering items online if you can't get them in a timely fashion?

Just food for thought.