XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
“Spongebob Squarepants” getting stop-motion treatment for Halloween special this October

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...p-motion-treatment-halloween-special-october/

Are you ready, kids!? Nickelodeon’s iconic invertebrate is set to bring some scares to your Halloween season this year. “Spongebob Squarepants” will be starring in a new Halloween special titled “Spongebob Squarepants: The Legend of Boo-kini Bottom” that follows the visual style of the classic Rankin/Bass specials like “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.”

Nickelodeon will be teaming up with Screen Novelties to put together this stop-motion holiday special. The production includes coral reefs made from 15 boxes of cereal, Spongebob’s halloween pineapple house decorated with more than eight pounds of glitter and a roller coaster built from hundreds of popsicle sticks.

This isn’t the first time Nickelodeon has teamed up with Screen Novelties. The two came together to create a “Spongebob Squarepants” stop-motion Christmas special in 2012.

The new special will feature an original song titled “The Scare Song,” written by Mr. Lawrence who voices Plankton, and performed by the ghostly pirate crew of the Flying Dutchman.

There is no premiere date set for “Spongebob Squarepants: The Legend of Boo-kini Bottom” yet, but it will air sometime in October.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
“Spongebob Squarepants” getting stop-motion treatment for Halloween special this October

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...p-motion-treatment-halloween-special-october/

Are you ready, kids!? Nickelodeon’s iconic invertebrate is set to bring some scares to your Halloween season this year. “Spongebob Squarepants” will be starring in a new Halloween special titled “Spongebob Squarepants: The Legend of Boo-kini Bottom” that follows the visual style of the classic Rankin/Bass specials like “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.”

Nickelodeon will be teaming up with Screen Novelties to put together this stop-motion holiday special. The production includes coral reefs made from 15 boxes of cereal, Spongebob’s halloween pineapple house decorated with more than eight pounds of glitter and a roller coaster built from hundreds of popsicle sticks.

This isn’t the first time Nickelodeon has teamed up with Screen Novelties. The two came together to create a “Spongebob Squarepants” stop-motion Christmas special in 2012.

The new special will feature an original song titled “The Scare Song,” written by Mr. Lawrence who voices Plankton, and performed by the ghostly pirate crew of the Flying Dutchman.

There is no premiere date set for “Spongebob Squarepants: The Legend of Boo-kini Bottom” yet, but it will air sometime in October.

I can't lie - I'm a bit of a SpongeBob fan!!! :D :p

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn

Reactions: christmas87

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn

christmas87

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 10, 2007
new york
My son was telling me about this but didn't know what he was taking about lol. I liked the Christmas special they came out with. So I know I'll like this one so will my son and daughter. I also heard they are coming out with a Halloween loud house special for anyone who watches that.

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
SO watched this Friday yea it was pretty cute. Harper seemed to love it so at least it got a good vote from a 5 y/o. Glad they went with stop motion for this special.

Reactions: christmas87

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image