Christmas Weekly Target Does Not Want Your Money for Christmas

ElfBot

MMC Newshound
Oct 17, 2005
Embattled retailer Target endeared itself further with Christmas fans by declaring today they have “listened” to those who are tired of Christmas creep and they will now only feature Thanksgiving stuff between Halloween and Thanksgiving — not Christmas stuff. Supposedly this means no Christmas trees, no Christmas cards, no Christmas candy, no Christmas sweaters, no […]

The post Target Does Not Want Your Money for Christmas appeared first on Christmas Weekly.

Continue reading...

Reactions: Holiday

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Ask Target, they are the ones who put out the press release....

That’s from last week. I’ll have to check and see if they are still there tomorrow when I pick up mom’s prescriptions.

I have a feeling they are going to say one thing while doing another though.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
That’s from last week. I’ll have to check and see if they are still there tomorrow when I pick up mom’s prescriptions.

I have a feeling they are going to say one thing while doing another though.
If they have managers who know the local shoppers want to buy Christmas items earlier than Thanksgiving, hopefully they'll be smart enough to stock what the customers want!

Reactions: made582 and Holiday

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
If they have managers who know the local shoppers want to buy Christmas items earlier than Thanksgiving, hopefully they'll be smart enough to stock what the customers want!

Yeah, ours had even more out yesterday. So they are definitely still stocking it.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I saw a news article that pointed out that they're not banishing Christmas items before Thanksgiving, but they refuse to put them in the FRONT of the store. That's quite different, and a little hypocritical ... they're willing to sell and make money off the items before Thanksgiving, but are refusing to "feature" them. That smacks of playing both sides of the fence, and is not really taking a stand at all!

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
I saw a news article that pointed out that they're not banishing Christmas items before Thanksgiving, but they refuse to put them in the FRONT of the store. That's quite different, and a little hypocritical ... they're willing to sell and make money off the items before Thanksgiving, but are refusing to "feature" them. That smacks of playing both sides of the fence, and is not really taking a stand at all!

So, the gist is their plan isn't exactly on target.

Aaron Henton

Proprietor, Merry and Bright! Christmas Music Blog
MMC Partner
Oct 21, 2015
Kansas City, MO
www.merryandbright.blogspot.com
From a news article (link below): "The retail giant, in response to feedback from customers, will ease up on Christmas signs and displays at the front entrances of their stores until after Thanksgiving, a Target spokeswoman said Tuesday. In the past, Target jumped into the Yuletide spirit right after Halloween."

So all Target is doing is delaying their storefront Christmas displays. There doesn't seem to be any mention of not selling Christmas decorations, etc until after Thanksgiving. Seems reasonable to me - a little more attention to Thanksgiving when you enter the store for the next three weeks. I'm sure that their shelves will be stocked with Christmas merch starting tomorrow.

I couldn't find the source press release, but all the news stories I found had similar information - just a re-focus of story entry decor.

Maybe the Christmas Weekly post is an attempt at satire?

Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/business/co...hristmas-creep-just-time-thanksgiving-n813756

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image