Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 279 DAYS

Happy 2 2 2 day! February 22nd also known as 2-22. Moving now into the last full week of February. Think about it. In 6 days we reach our 3rd "28th" and immediately follow the next day by entering our 4th month since Thanksgiving! That's some real forward movement! And then in 9 days we reach the big 270 which represents us having moved through 100 days in this countdown from 370 to 270. But let's just focus on the present. The Countdown on this 2 2 2 to Thanksgiving is 279 days! Oh that count is moving along really good now isn't it? Almost a little too fast here in late winter. But we have some of us getting ready to have a practice Thanksgiving. That is a nice thing to have in late winter. Pass the turkey, stuffing, potatoes and biscuits! And pass me the weekend too. Have a great 2 2 2 day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 278 DAYS

Happy Last Weekend of February! We are moving along into a special time of year soon. No it's not the holiday season. But we have a lot of little milestones coming in this thread and spring is right around the corner! Today our Countdown sits at 278 days to start off this FINAL weekend of February. Yeah that is some serious progress we've made through the 200s now. In 5 days we'll reach our 3rd "28th" of the countdown. And then we have to enter March and our 4th month since Thanksgiving. Moving ahead people. Moving ahead just like people in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Oh yeah I am looking forward to that coming again. But let's wait a while and relax here and get excited for it like we have been. Plenty of time to still enjoy it in our minds and hearts first. Have a great start to the Final Weekend of February!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 277 DAYS

Happy 10 Months till Christmas Eve! It's a big day every "24th" for me. That is the ONLY day I would put ahead of the day we count down to in this thread as my favorite day of the year. And it's VERY close. Often the last few years when we had Thanksgiving I debated whether I could put it ahead of Christmas Eve because honestly it's the start of the Christmas Season and we still have that full month build to go till Christmas after it. Anyway, with that neck-a-neck tie we look at our Countdown to Thanksgiving which is now at 277 days. Oh wow nice. Those 7's in the count look like turkey legs don't they? Yum...turkey. I feel like Homer Simpson now. Milestones coming this coming week folks. BE HERE for them. We'll talk about them all week long. Have a great 10 months till Christmas Eve with obviously LESS than that to go till the Macy's Parade and Cranberry Sauce!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 276 DAYS

Happy Rudolph Day #2! 2 months already since Christmas and 10 to go! Unreal huh? Well even better for Thanksgiving! As of Thursday we'll have 3 months since Thanksgiving and 9 to go! That's single digits months folks! Scary how fast it's going huh? Well by looking at our Countdown on this 2nd Rudolph Day of 2019 you can see that we are at 276 days till Thanksgiving! This week is huge here folks. We have the end of February, our 3rd 28th, March arriving, and the "100 days" knocked off this countdown marker ALL this week. That's almost as exciting as having a turkey plate while watching the football games on Thanksgiving Day. Ok maybe not THAT exciting. Have a great Monday and Rudolph Day #2!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 275 DAYS

Happy February Dwindling! Only 3 days to go in this month of February. Pretty amazing how quickly it's gone. And in 2 days we will celebrate our 3rd "28th" already. That's like 1/4 of the way to Thanksgiving! That's hard to believe so soon. 25% is such a big chunk. And our Countdown today is at 275 days. That's pretty cool isn't it? Knocked off 25 days out of the 200s which is 25% of them too. Lots of 25% around today in the Countdown. Other than that we also have MARCH to look forward to starting on Friday. That is another HUGE step. Getting out of the hardcore winter doldrums will be enlightening. We have to head towards spring so we can go through spring and summer to get us back to our most beloved season: Autumn. Now without any stuffing and turkey in your mouth I hope you still have a great Tuesday today as we roll through late February dreaming of some freshly made biscuits & cranberry sauce!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 274 DAYS

Happy Next to Last Day of Feb! We're now down to 2 lonely days of February. And tomorrow we have a MILESTONE folks! We will have reached our 3rd 28th in our Count. Think about it. Our 3rd of 12. That is 25%. That is 1/4. That is a HUGE chunk we've taken out of the countdown. And the following day we enter MARCH which is our 4th month since Thanksgiving. Oh man. I can hardly stand it. We have a lot to look forward to right through the rest of the week and the weekend. So much to enjoy here in this countdown. Our Countdown today is at 274 days. It's a warm feeling seeing the count drop just like the oven on Thanksgiving Day warms the house with the glistening turkey and feast in the oven and on the stove cooking. Yum. What a great visual. Have a great Next to Last Day of Feb my Thanksgiving Fanatic Friends!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 273 DAYS

Happy Final Day of February! Oh my goodness! Look at what today is! We have our normal daily Countdown which is at 273 days now till Thanksgiving. That's big but what's bigger? We have our WEEKLY Thursday countdown which now is at...get ready for this: 39 weeks! We have reached 30s territory folks! What? We started at 53 weeks and have knocked out those low 50s and the entire 40s! And here we go into the 30s now. But I have one BIGGER thing today than that too. Today is our 3rd 28th! 3 months down and 9 to go till the most special turkey-filled, football-watching, parade-marching, stuffing-eating, cranberry sauce-craving day known as Thanksgiving. 25% of the way there folks. That's a huge chunk we took out of this count. Have a great Final Day of February!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 272 DAYS

Happy March and Day of Hope! Yes, today is a big day. March 1! Today we start the 4th month since Thanksgiving Day. 4 already! It is an amazing stat that we are adding to today here in this countdown. Our official Daily Countdown till Thanksgiving is now at 272 days. Yes we have moved quite nicely through a good chunk of the high 200s. And Sunday folks we will have erased 100 days from this countdown. Think about that. And be here to celebrate it this weekend. For now, with it snowing outside we all can dream of those Novembers days that lead up to the BIG DAY. 8 months from today we enter the month of turkeys, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and stuffing. How can the other 11 months live up to that? I hope you all are doing well this Friday and keep your turkey spirit alive through this month of March. Have a great 1st Day of March!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 271 DAYS

Happy Snowy March Weekend! We have a snowy one here! And here in early March that isn't too unusual. But the winter on Thanksgiving was unusual when we had our coldest Thanksgiving in 100 years. I'll never forget that one. And look at our Countdown this morning as it's dropped to 271 days to start this weekend here on this fine snowy Saturday morning. That means TOMORROW folks we have a monumental day in the countdown. We started at 370 and to see that tomorrow we will have officially knocked off 100 days from this count is just incredible! That will be a big one for sure. Almost as big as the size of your Thanksgiving turkey. Ok maybe not THAT big. I think picking out the Thanksgiving turkey is one of the most fun simple things I do all year long. Have a great start to the weekend Turkey Fans!​

Nor'easter

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Jan 2, 2019
Vermont
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 271 DAYS

Happy Snowy March Weekend! We have a snowy one here! And here in early March that isn't too unusual. But the winter on Thanksgiving was unusual when we had our coldest Thanksgiving in 100 years. I'll never forget that one. And look at our Countdown this morning as it's dropped to 271 days to start this weekend here on this fine snowy Saturday morning. That means TOMORROW folks we have a monumental day in the countdown. We started at 370 and to see that tomorrow we will have officially knocked off 100 days from this count is just incredible! That will be a big one for sure. Almost as big as the size of your Thanksgiving turkey. Ok maybe not THAT big. I think picking out the Thanksgiving turkey is one of the most fun simple things I do all year long. Have a great start to the weekend Turkey Fans!​
Happy March! 1/3 of a year down and 2/3 to go to the start of Thanksgiving month and November.

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 270 DAYS

Happy 100! What? No I'm not saying there's 100 days till Thanksgiving (I think that would be amazing but also kind of scary already). But look at our Countdown this Snowy Sunday. 270 days till Thanksgiving. Now I don't know about you but I feel like I started this thread not very long ago. And believe it or not that was 100 days ago now. We started the count on Black Friday at 370 days. And now we've knocked off 100 days from that count. That is amazing! If we do that again think about where we'll be. Or maybe you don't want to think about it because it's kind of scary (In a Halloween way). Now for all you turkey lovers rejoice in the fact we are 100 days closer to that most special day with all the sides and the Macy's Parade. 100 days is a HUGE accomplishment. With that positive thought I hope you all have a great Sunday here in early March!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 269 DAYS

Happy March Feels Like January! Yes the calendar says early March but the weather this week will mirror early January! But never fear because spring is only 16 days away. Speaking of counts ours today in this thread stands at 269 days! Now over 100 days knocked off this count. Uh huh. Speaking of it feeling like early January out remember always how that weather for Thanksgiving in my area was brutally cold. I really hope this year it's chilly and sunny but nothing crazy. The crispness in the air on Thanksgiving morning with the sun shining, the parade on t.v., the turkey in the oven, the family hanging out, football on...oh man the joy I feel in me when I think of all of that. That should help me power through a Monday. Have a great start to your March week and remember spring is on its way (eventually)!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 268 DAYS

Happy Marching Forward! Yes we are "March"ing forward through the early part of the 3rd month of the year. But here we are eyeing the 11th month all year long. Still we all need a spring don't we? That's coming. But look at our countdown this morning. It is at 268 days now. Not bad huh? It continues to drop through the 2nd half of the 200s. Our next notable milestone would be in 18 days when we reach the halfway marker from 300 to 200. That's pretty crazy since it feels like we were at 350 not long ago. I'm looking forward to that milestone. I'm also looking forward to stuffing, gravy, biscuits, cranberry sauce, turkey and lots more on my plate on November 28th. What is it too early to plan for Thanksgiving Dinner? NEVER! Have a great day Marching along through March on the 5th of the month!​

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
A Thanksgiving dinner sounds good.....I think one will be on the menu this month!

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 267 DAYS

Happy March Freeze! It's cold out there! Very cold. It almost feels like it did on Thanksgiving Day. That's still one of my lasting impressions on Thanksgiving 2018. But one thing we continue here is to focus on Thanksgiving 2019! And we do that by counting down to it. Today's count sits at 267 days. That's not a bad count we have going is it? 17 days till we reach halfway from 300 to 200. That will happen on the 23rd for you non-math majors. Maybe celebrate that weekend with a little turkey. Yum. You know what I like on Thanksgiving when you have that full plate and you just sit there and take a bite or 2. You realize you are having a real feast. Always love that moment. Now enjoy today and avoid freezing if it's cold in your area like mine. Let's continue thinking Thanksgiving thoughts. Have a great Mid-Week March Freeze Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 266 DAYS

Happy 1 Week Into March! A cold and snowy week here. But it's all good as spring time is not far off. And today is a Thursday which means we have a Double Countdown! Today we are at 266 days till Thanksgiving Day! And that means that in 16 days we'll hit the halfway point from 300 to 200! But we also today on this Thursday are at 38 weeks till Thanksgiving! Look at us now moving along through the 30s! Just amazing. All good things ahead for turkey and stuffing fans. Does anyone put bacon strips on top of their turkey while it cooks? I do. Just wondering if anyone else did that. And the bacon gets so crispy. Yum and just adds a little flavor to it. I could go for some turkey right now. Yes even for breakfast. Have a great day as we're a week into March my fellow Thanksgiving Thrilled Fans!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image