Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 265 DAYS

Good Spring Ahead TGIF! Yes this weekend we will change the clocks 1 hour ahead. And we may lose 1 hour of sleep (unless you go to bed an hour earlier and make up for it) but we'll gain an hour of daylight during the evenings. That's a sure sign that spring is almost officially here. And you know what? When Spring officially begins we'll only have 2 full seasons to go through till the Season of Thanksgiving (Autumn). Pretty scary isn't it that we knocked off "late autumn" and almost all of winter since Thanksgiving. And today we look at our countdown which is at 265 days till Thanksgiving. That is a nice count if you ask me. It's like marching in the Thanksgiving Parade. We're moving forward Marching ahead. And in 15 days we'll be halfway from 300 to 200. I hope you all enjoy your Friday and have a great one with a nice biscuit and gravy in your mind!​

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Looking forward to lighter nights!!

Reactions: Edge612

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
I would so love to have a big thanksgiving dinner with alot of people this year.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 264 DAYS

Happy Shortest Weekend of the Year! Yes, tonight we spring ahead our clocks as we take another step officially towards that wonderful season known as spring time. But you know the most wonderful season of all is the Bers, Autumn, and Christmas Season(s). And what falls smack in the middle of all of those? Thanksgiving Day! Of course! And today to start off this shortest weekend of the year we have our countdown sitting at 264 days. Oh yes that is a nice looking figure isn't it? And that means 2 weeks from today we reach that awesome moment where we are halfway from 300 to 200. Is it getting late early here in the Thanksgiving Count? It may be. Only 2 full seasons to go through till Autumn returns in late September and by then we're only 2 months+ from Thanksgiving. Let's not rush ahead though. Have a great final day before springing ahead turkey talkers!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 263 DAYS

Happy 23 Hour Day! Yes, today is the shortest day of the year. Kind of a bummer isn't it? Not really. Luckily March 10th is the shortest day. What if November 28th was? Then we would riot! We need extra hours on Thanksgiving Day not less. Extra hours to eat our big feast. And luckily we have extra DAYS, WEEKS and MONTHS to get ready for it. Today's Countdown is at 263 days! That means we are really moving ahead now. 13 days till we reach the halfway marker between 300 and 200. That will be a more serious accomplishment. Doesn't it feel good to feel accomplished? Almost like after you set the table for Thanksgiving Day with all the great sides next to the turkey. It looks like an accomplishment getting that most special meal of the year ready. Anyway, have a great 23 hour day one and all turkey lovers and gobble gobble to you all!​

Reactions: Christmaswarlock

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 262 DAYS

Happy Last Full Week Of Winter! Yes, this is the last week of the winter season. And then? Next Week we reach spring! Also, next week we reach our halfway from 300 to 200 marker at 250. Pretty big isn't it? But first let's take care of this week. Let's live in the present. The present shows our Countdown to Thanksgiving at 262 days. That is pretty reasonable I'd say for Mid-March. Not bad at all. We're moving in the right direction towards turkey time. We'll keep strutting our stuff like a bunch of turkeys right through the end of winter and into spring. Sound good? I hope so. It's fun hanging out here all year talking turkey and thinking about our favorite day of the year. Have a great Monday as we start off the last full week of winter Thanksgiving Fans!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 261 DAYS

Good St. Patrick's Week! It's a green week isn't it? And that's always a sign that St. Patrick's Day is coming. Certainly not anywhere near Thanksgiving but that's still significant that we're almost 1/3 of the way back to our favorite day of the year. Already moving so quickly. Our Countdown today is at 261 days. That's a nice number as we are now 11 days until we reach that awesome halfway marker from 300 to 200. That will be certainly a big one. Just like a big fat turkey bone. Yum. Turkey is the food of champions. Thanksgiving is the holiday of choice. And our count will continue all the way through the spring and summer right into our favorite season of Autumn. For now, I hope you all enjoy your Tuesday as we roll along through St. Patrick's Week together!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 260 DAYS

Happy 1 Week Till Spring! We're now 1 week from that magical day that brings in spring. And as I have said when we reach that season in just 1 short week we'll have 2 long seasons to enjoy of spring & summer before we hit OUR season of Autumn. Almost a "1 down 2 to go" scenario with winter being gone and then spring & summer to go. For now though we look at our count and we notice it's at a round 260 days. Look at how we have knocked off 40 days of the 200s. It seems like yesterday we were at 300. Well in 10 days we'll be at halfway from 300 to 200. Be here for that celebration 1 week from Saturday. For now, with all the turkey thoughts in your head I hope you all enjoy your day. And remember a turkey is great but one with all the sides & trimmings on Thanksgiving Day is even greater!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 259 DAYS

Happy Snow Melting Thursday! Oh did I mention Thursday? As the snow continues to melt here in late winter I wonder if we'll have snow again before Thanksgiving like we did last year. Well everything revolves around Thanksgiving in this thread. The Countdown does which is at 259 days now. That is 9 days off from the halfway marker from 300 to 200. And also our weekly count which now is at 37 weeks! Just look at us racing through the upper 30s already. Better start slowing down already just like on Thanksgiving when you're tempted to eat so fast it's best off to just take your time and savor every bite. That's how you gotta do Thanksgiving meal. And let's savor every day as we take our journey forward into spring soon back on the road to Thanksgiving. Have a great and awesome snow melting Thursday and have a biscuit and some gravy when you have the opportunity to soon!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 258 DAYS

Good St. Patrick's TGIF! We're heading into a major weekend here. It's going to be the Final Winter Weekend until Christmas Weekend! And that is HUGE. But here we do not want to think about Christmas. We want to think about Thanksgiving! Our Countdown is now at 258 days. Moving along nicely I'd say. 1 week from tomorrow we'll hit the halfway marker between 300 and 200. That's some major progress through the 200s. Isn't that awesome? But today we're just having a good time focusing on Friday. Who doesn't like Friday? After a long week nothing is better. And after a long Thanksgiving Dinner with turkey, stuffing and gravy, nothing is better than a nap. Sounds like a dream come true on November 28th. Have a great and awesome March 15th though as we roll into Mid-March!​

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I am making Corned Beef and Cabbage on Sunday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 257 DAYS

Good Final Weekend of Winter! We are in the last and final weekend of winter time. Isn't that amazing? We've gone almost through an entire season since the season of Thanksgiving (Autumn). There's only 2 others to go through to get back there again. And 1 week from today we will reach the Halfway Marker from 300 to 200. That's big! But today we look at that count and see it standing at 257 days. Not so bad huh? It's a good feeling. Spring is coming. The 200s continue to move in the right direction. And we're kind of on the "other side" of Autumn now which means we'll be almost halfway back there in just a matter of days. Just incredible. Anyway, for all of you turkey fans that are reading this I hope you enjoy your weekend. Whether you are having biscuits or maybe some potatoes this weekend enjoy them. And have a great start to the Final Weekend of Winter!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 256 DAYS

Happy St. Patrick's Day Thanksgiving Fans! I know today is not quite Thanksgiving to us but it's another little milestone along the journey back to our favorite Turkey Eating, Parade Marching, Football Watching, Family Bonding, Christmas Season Starting Holiday of the Year! Oh and Happy 3rd Birthday to Rollins my little friend. Now on to the Thanksgiving Countdown this St. Patrick's Day Morning. We stand at 256 days now away from that Day that to us is more LUCKY than St. Patrick's Day! Next Saturday we will reach halfway from 300 to 200 so that's a plus. Looking forward to that milestone. And as we head into a new week tomorrow we transition from winter to spring this coming week. Big news here folks! Almost made it officially through winter. Have a great St. Patrick's Day with lucky dreams of Thanksgiving!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 255 DAYS

Happy Winter to Spring! This is the week where we finally go from winter to spring officially. Isn't that great news? And then we'll have 2 full seasons to go through until we hit OUR season (Autumn). Wonderful isn't it? I think so. And speaking of wonderful look at our countdown to start this final winter Monday. 255 days remain until Thanksgiving. Yeah! And you can see now we only have 5 days to go till that halfway marker from 300 to 200. That would be 250 for you Non-Math Majors. But it's definitely something worth celebrating this week. We'll talk about it as we get closer and closer to it like a turkey going across the road trying to get to his destination (or like us trying to get to our Thanksgiving plates which is our destination). For now, I hope you all have a successful Monday and think about all the great things to come when spring officially arrives!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image