Thanksgiving Day Parade...

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
I have no desire to go to New York City. I prefer to stay in my cozy home and watch it on tv.
But for those who love to go, I'm sure it's an awesome event.

kgstyles

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Nov 12, 2006
Grand Forks, North Dakota
I love the parade but I would never go and see it in person. Plus I'd rather be at home in my cozy couch watching it with my kids.

JayIsh

MMC Musicmaster, MerryChristmasRadio
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Aug 20, 2006
New Jersey
merrychristmasradio.com
My parents took me as a kid but I was so young that I really don't remember it...I only live about an hour away from there...I'd really love to go sometime...Maybe I will...And let me give the opposing view...I LOVE parades...And I LOVE fireworks...I start every thanksgiving off with the parade though...If I have to go out for anything I tape it! I love the Thanksgiving Day parade...

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
We don't watch the Macy's thanksgivings day parade. Instead we watch the one from Philadelphia. It's sponsered by Boscovs. I would love to go to it one year when the kids are older. Right now I feel they are to young so we will sit at home at watch it.

kidzrme

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 20, 2006
MARTHA'S VINEYARD, MA.
I'm sorry to hear that Merry Sage :( It is Spectacular!

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
My parents took me as a kid but I was so young that I really don't remember it...I only live about an hour away from there...I'd really love to go sometime...Maybe I will...And let me give the opposing view...I LOVE parades...And I LOVE fireworks...I start every thanksgiving off with the parade though...If I have to go out for anything I tape it! I love the Thanksgiving Day parade...

yesh, I love tivo for that purpose.

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
I strongly dislike all parades except Macy's Day parade. Its just not thanksgiving without it. I don't sit down and watch the whole thing, but i have it own as i prepare for the day and I always have to keep my eye out for Santa. I would love to see it in person just for the experience but i'm betting i would only do it once, between the crowds and cold. I n general I would love to experience NYC during the holiday season. I bet its spectacular. It would be so very hard to have christmas away from home though.:tree:

Gosh you took the words right out of my mouth! I really dont care for parades very much either. But I cant go a year without the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! I have been to NYC in mid-November before Thanksgiving and they had a lot of Christmas stuff up. It was beautiful and Im only about a 3 1/2 hour drive so I was home in no time! Im like you and wouldnt like to be away from home for actual Thanksgiving or Christmas either!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Originally Posted by ChristmasSpirit76
I strongly dislike all parades except Macy's Day parade. Its just not thanksgiving without it. I don't sit down and watch the whole thing, but i have it own as i prepare for the day and I always have to keep my eye out for Santa. I would love to see it in person just for the experience but i'm betting i would only do it once, between the crowds and cold. I n general I would love to experience NYC during the holiday season. I bet its spectacular. It would be so very hard to have christmas away from home though.

Gosh you took the words right out of my mouth! I really dont care for parades very much either. But I cant go a year without the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! I have been to NYC in mid-November before Thanksgiving and they had a lot of Christmas stuff up. It was beautiful and Im only about a 3 1/2 hour drive so I was home in no time! Im like you and wouldnt like to be away from home for actual Thanksgiving or Christmas either!

I agree too!!! Love Macy's Thanksgiving day parade & it's the only one I watch, though I don't actually watch the whole thing either. Seeing Santa at the end is REALLY the kick off Christmas!! I will probably never see NYC during the holidays b/c I love home too much that time of year. Last year we almost had a dilema over Thanksgiving when my hubby's family went away for the holiday...I didn't want to leave my family at Thanksgiving. But it worked out that my hubby couldn't get off work anyway! :smile: I hated to miss Thanksgiving w/ his family, but they aren't big "holiday" people anyway, so it all worked out!

Mr Walker

Merry KISSmas
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 19, 2008
I went to the Macy's Parade one year... it was a nightmare.
It's 1000x better on TV.
I'm looking forward to this year's parade because it will be my first chance to watch it in Hi-Def in our home.

Faith4always

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 17, 2008
Lafayette, LA USA
Oh. I would absolutely LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEE to go!!
Do they throw candy and treats at the parade?cheesy

Christmas Snow Angel

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
I've never been, but one day I will. I found package deals for about $4000 includes your hotel stay on the parade route, some attractions (like watching the balloons being blown up), a vip section along the parade route on Broadway in a warm tent, and of course a first class thanksgiving meal. Its something I would have to save for, for awhile but seems like a nice vacation from the family fights, and burnt rolls.

melindasue

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 21, 2008
Boston, MA
www.new.facebook.com
Well I've never been to Thanksgiving BUT I've been in Disney when they were shooting the Christmas Day one (they shoot it like the beginning of december), it was awesome it was such a nice day out! We didnt stay and watch the parade but we saw like a lot of it while we were leaving. I wish i could have stayed. Disney is SO amazing around Christmas !!cheesy

mistletoe misfit

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 28, 2008
Ontario,Canada
I love Santa Claus parades.
I am Canadian and never miss the Toronto Santa Claus parade on TV.
Almost every year for a number of years now I have watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. It is spectacular with all the balloons .:thumbsup:

Boogedy

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 28, 2008
Metro Detrot
www.flickr.com
I've never been to the Macy's parade but I have been to America's Thanksgiving Parade in Detroit when I was a kid. I actually prefer to watch from home where it's nice and warm. :) I watch it every year--my favorite part is the Briefcase Drill Team--they're awesome!

M

MerryChristmasLydio

I want to go. I'd also like to be in it one year. But I don't think that would ever happen. I loves it all! I loves fireworks AND parades. It's all part of my holiday fun of awesomeness!:happyturkey::march:

BritneyBug

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 7, 2007
North Carolina!
awhitechristmas.blogspot.com
I'd rather watch the parade on tv than be crowded and cold out there.
But I do love it when it's on tv! =)

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image