The Perfect Halloween Party

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
hi guys,

just wondering if those of you on this forum that love halloween could give me some advice? i am planning a halloween party for my young family members (about 7 of them all aged between 1-10) i don't want a huge party (i am saving that for xmas!) i just want some nice food, some fun games and some scary decorations. i am also looking for a recipe for punch? if anyone has anyone ideas how i can treat them to a great party please let me know.

thanks

Reactions: 1 person

Head Elf

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 8, 2007
N.E. Arizona
I also called a friend of mine who "loves" Halloween and she's digging through all her stuff to get you some ideas and recipes and stuff. So, hopefully she'll show up soon.

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
thanks guys, you have been such a big help. we don't celebrate it in a big way over in the uk, the kids go trick or treating but there aren't many halloween parties, i really want to enjoy it, in my opinion it is the beginning of the countdown for christmas!

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
martha stewart had some great ideas in her halloween book. i am sure they are on her website.

i had a halloween party every year til this last year as i was incapacitated.
but i like to get as kitschy as possible!

as for food and bev....
always do a thing of garlic soup. and then have a punch bowl with punch that is cooled by ice i make in a glove. and "finger" sandwiches" and devilled eggs and other food things that are puns. as i said.. i go for the kitsch!!

:D

xo

Ali

Holiday Fangirl
MMC Lifer
Apr 12, 2007
England via Canada
thanks guys, you have been such a big help. we don't celebrate it in a big way over in the uk, the kids go trick or treating but there aren't many halloween parties, i really want to enjoy it, in my opinion it is the beginning of the countdown for christmas!

Christmas is very different here too I find (I'm from Canada), but don't let that stop you putting your stamp on the holiday. We'd all love to see some photos of the party later too!

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
Christmas is very different here too I find (I'm from Canada), but don't let that stop you putting your stamp on the holiday. We'd all love to see some photos of the party later too!

thank you, i will be sure to post some pics. merry sage, where are you living now? how do you find xmas different in the uk to in canada?

Ali

Holiday Fangirl
MMC Lifer
Apr 12, 2007
England via Canada
thank you, i will be sure to post some pics. merry sage, where are you living now? how do you find xmas different in the uk to in canada?

I'm in the West Midlands, but we plan to move to Dorset in the Spring. I'm not much on living inland, regardless of which side of the Atlantic I'm on. I need to be near the sea.

How do I find it different. Perhaps its just the general contrary-mindedness of the people in this part of the country, but it seems to be treated more or less like an inconvenience. But thats not stopped me making it special. My in-laws, I'm sure, think I'm a bit of a fruitcake, but I've gotten them round to my way to doing one or two things for Christmas and they quite like it. cheesy

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
i know what you mean, alot of brits seem to have a "bah hum bug" attitude, my family really like to celebrate though, i think it's because we have loads of children in the family!

i am really in the mood for halloween now, i have just downloaded some scary music!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image