Two saucepans
Colander
Paper towels
Wax paper
Cookie sheet
Stove
Toothpicks
Step One

Carefully rinse off strawberries in cool running water. Drain in colander. Pat strawberries dry with paper towels.
Step Two

Cut a piece of wax paper big enough to cover the bottom of a cookie sheet. Set the covered sheet next to the stove.
Step Three

Place the white chocolate pieces into one saucepan, and the semisweet chocolate chips into the other. Add a couple of teaspoons of oil to each pan. Set the semisweet chocolate chip mixture aside for now.

Step Four

Heat the white chocolate over the lowest setting, stirring the oil and candy together to make a smooth mixture. Determine what side of each strawberry is the flattest, and dip that side into the white chocolate mixture. Place the dipped berries onto the wax paper, dipped side up.
Step Five

Remove the white chocolate mixture while strawberries are cooling, and heat up the chocolate chips on the same stove burner. Blend until smooth.
Step Six

Dip the strawberry on its sides, one at a time, leaving at least a 1/2 inch "v" of visible white chocolate in the middle of the flat side. This simulates a tuxedo jacket. Return the strawberry to the wax paper, white chocolate side up.
Step Seven

Take a toothpick, and carefully dot chocolate onto the white chocolate "v" to form a bow tie. Do this by making two small dots with a tiny one joining them in the middle. Add another tiny dot of chocolate beneath the tie to simulate a button if there is enough space to do so. Chill strawberries for a couple of hours and serve.

TIPS:
Serve with champagne for an unforgettable romantic dessert. Eat the tuxedo strawberries within 48 hours for best results. Heating the chocolates on a higher setting will not make them melt faster. It will burn the chocolate instead!

Attachments

• 530b.jpg
    530b.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 530c.jpg
    530c.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 0

clarebear

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 10, 2006
England
They look awesome, shame i dont like strawberrys though :( I know alot of people who would love them, look great for dinner partys and such.

P

pbrbullrider

Thats the truth clarebear06

Luv any type of fruit cant belve u dont like strawberrys..................... oh well

Jeff G "bullrider"

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Boston, Ma
www.facebook.com
Oh man my knees are week.When I go out shopping and im near the Godiva store I always stop in for these...mmmm

misjordi

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Sep 6, 2007
Connellsville, PA
Sounds awesome! I'm not a real fan of white chocolate though, but could get some milk chocolate and dip them in that!! mmmmmmm....... Guess I'm heading to the store in the morning to get some strawberries and chocolate, huh??

M

MerryChristmasLydio

I seen those made on foodnetwork. I can't remember who made them, but I hought they were sooo darling!:rudolph:

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
they look so friggin delicous

BritneyBug

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 7, 2007
North Carolina!
awhitechristmas.blogspot.com
This is making my mouth water! Strawberries are one of my favorite foods.
mmmmmmmmmm

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Mmmmmmmm good idea. Too bad I can't eat the chocolate. They sure look good!

I made Cupid Poop one year and put them in everyone's mailboxes. They figured out it was me pretty quickly.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image