Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Unsual foods you eat on Christmas Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by reecedouglas1, Dec 15, 2019.

1. reecedouglas1

reecedouglas1 Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

Or non traditional foods

I instead of Christmas pudding will be eating a tiramisu

2. Mr. Hankey

Mr. Hankey Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Premiere Member

This year my vegetarian sister (her husband is vegan) will be hosting Christmas day at her house so she'll likely be making a vegan supper. Can't hardly wait. :(:eek:

lisa48317 and KimB like this.
  3. KimB

KimB Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

I usually cook a beef tenderloin roast but I've had grilled grouper and scallops and, sometimes, I just eat what I crave.....could be anything.

lisa48317 likes this.
  4. Dudley

Dudley Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I guess the only "unusual" food would be kolackys. A Polish/European flour-butter-cream cheese pastry filled with jam.

5. lisa48317

lisa48317 Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

I want to come visit you!

My family (Mom, siblings, etc) all go to Zehnders in Frankenmuth (Michigan) every year for their "famous" family style chicken dinners.
    Hubby & I spend every other Christmas in Arkansas with his family. We have turkey, since his mom won't eat any pork products, aka ham.

I guess we don't really do anything unusual.

6. Marshmallow05

Marshmallow05 Hot chocolate expert Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Here in the Netherlands we eat stewed pears (stoofpeertjes) as a side dish. I guess that’s considered unusual.

It’s made from a special type of pears cooked with sugar, red wine, cinnamon and cloves. When they’re stewed long enough they turn red, soft and sweet.. very yummy!

Dudley likes this.
  7. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Chinese food!

8. JoseChung

JoseChung Eggnog Chugger Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Christmas ever is when the crazy food comes out. We have a eastern european feast which has a lot of food I'll only eat once a year! o_O