Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Virginia O’Hanlon Day

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by ElfBot, Sep 21, 2014.

1. ElfBot

ElfBot MMC Newshound

Today is Sunday, September 21, 2014 and there are just 95 days now until Christmas. Today is Virginia O’Hanlon Day. In 1897 eight year old Virginia O’Hanlon sent a letter to The Sun asking if Santa Claus really existed. The response Virginia received from her timeless query was written by one of the paper’s editors, […]

More...

HollyJolly and snowflake22 like this.
  2. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

This year September 21st falls on a Monday - mark your calendars - I'm planning on creating quite a stir at work because I plan on greeting people with "Happy Virginia O'Hanlon Day!" instead of a simple "hello" and see what transpires.
    [​IMG]
    Gonna start a conversation that's for sure!
    ::wave Who's with me?

3. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Today, is Monday, September 21st = HAPPY VIRGINIA O'HANLON DAY!!!

Check out the holiday special

Or visit this link to hear Virginia herself read that historical letter to the editor.

[​IMG] I'm a believer! Santa's whiskers are ticklish.

snowflake22 likes this.
  4. AuntieMistletoeDear

Can't believe, I missed Virginia O'Hanlon Day - it's almost Halloween - where has the time gone???

5. AuntieMistletoeDear

"In 1897 eight year old Virginia O’Hanlon sent a letter to The Sun asking if Santa Claus really existed. The response Virginia received from her timeless query was written by one of the paper’s editors"... I was at a community planning meeting on Friday and as we discussed plans for a training event to take place on September 21st, I exclaimed; "Nice; this training event falls on Virginia O'Hanlon day!!!" No, they didn't remove me from the committee, but the statement made me happy. Virginia reads the editor's response.

Doesn't that get your merry mojo workin'?!!! -surprise-

6. Petronius

Petronius Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member

Aladdin on The Lawrence Welk Show in 1966 narrated "Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus".