What are you doing for St. Patrick's Day ?

• Thread starter mammaduke
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
M

mammaduke

I was wondering if anyone is doing anything for St. Patty's Day ? We will be home but I want to try to make Corned Beef & cabbage for hubby.

act_as_if

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 20, 2007
Orion, Illinois
we have that every year! Along with soda bread.

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
While my grandmother raised me to be very proud of my Irish heritage, to her dismay, I never did develop a taste for corned beef and cabbage (YUCK!). So, on St. Patty's Day I will be working but proudly wearing green.

Oh, and I will also be celebrating the birthday of my Godson (who is also my little cousin), who was born on St. Patrick's Day with a strong Irish family and a strong Irish name to boot!

M

mammaduke

I don't know how to make Corned Beef & cabbage, but I will give it a try, hubby loves it so does my mom so they can eat it.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
I also plan to make corned beef and cabbage to. I can only do a little thou, i'm not real big on it. The rest of the family loves it so that's what counts. I make mine in the crockpot.

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
going to an annual party (18 yrs this yr) where we will be feasting on corned beef, wallowing in repeated showings of THE QUIET MAN, possibly having a cocktail or two, and in general having too much fun with friends i sometimes only see at this party!

will be making and taking pralines made with bailey's and several irish whiskey tea breads.

xo

M

mammaduke

Everyones plans sound great. I've never made corned beef & cabbage, so that will be different.

dominick

MMC Emeritus
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 9, 2006
South Holland, IL
I always seem to have the worst luck on St. Pat's (kind of ironic, don't you think?). I'm going to do nothing and hope the day passes without incident.

M

mammaduke

I always seem to have the worst luck on St. Pat's (kind of ironic, don't you think?). I'm going to do nothing and hope the day passes without incident.
Sorry to hear that Dominick. Maybe this year will be a better one for you.

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas

grumble grumble grumble. mutter mutter mutter. i am gonna knock you into next year if you misbehave!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
ou make me crazy. you know that, dont you?????

xoxox

M

mammaduke

You guys are crazy. Well I still hope this year is better Dominick & there is no broken nose, or any other bady parts.

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
broken nose?????? dear lord! what did you do? too many baileys and guinness????

M

mammaduke

Hope no broken nose this year Dominick. Hope everyone had a nice St. Patty's Day.

dominick

MMC Emeritus
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 9, 2006
South Holland, IL
Hope no broken nose this year Dominick. Hope everyone had a nice St. Patty's Day.

:cool: No broken nose this time.

Maybe in the offending parties, but I was just helping stock and keep peace at a friend's bar. Caught a mug in the face from a small statured woman... :-?

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington

HA HA Party On...*L*
Good to hear all went well this year on St. Pattys Day for ya Dominick..

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image