What are your Halloween Plans

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
:bat:For me this year, it will be quite different, then years past. We used to live in a planned community with about 110 homes, so we would leave work early, get home and we would dress up and hand out candy. We used to have soooooo many kids that we would go thru 20lbs of candy; easy. This year, we are in a new home, off the beaten path, so, I don't know if we will have any Trick-or Treaters or not. And, for the first time, I will be home by myself this year! :zombie:

But my plans are to:

(Hope that some Trick-or-treaters stop by the house.....)

But I'll be watching some great Halloween movies and cartoons:

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
The Legend of Sleepy Hallow
The Wizard of OZ
Walt Disney - Donald's Scary tales
Walt Disney - Halloween Haunts
Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
:bat:For me this year, it will be quite different, then years past. We used to live in a planned community with about 110 homes, so we would leave work early, get home and we would dress up and hand out candy. We used to have soooooo many kids that we would go thru 20lbs of candy; easy. This year, we are in a new home, off the beaten path, so, I don't know if we will have any Trick-or Treaters or not. And, for the first time, I will be home by myself this year! :zombie:

But my plans are to:

The Wizard of OZ

That sounds like fun!! [emoji316]
We will be handing out candy & watching Halloween movies too.
And then, later on, meeting up with our neighbor friends for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I was going to ask everyone their plans as well !

I hope you atleast get a few Trick or Treaters , it'd not Halloween without them :)

I am waiting to see what the weather will bring as it has been very wet and horrible here. It's always a little complicated as the kids want to go trick or treating but we also like handing out the candy.

We will wait for Mr Festive to get home from work and then take the kids out. we will hand out candy while we wait for him and light up our lanterns etc. I switch on the window lights for the first time ;) Then wait another couple of weeks till turning them back on for the Christmas season. I will give the children their Halloween goody bags at some point , maybe first thing in the morning. There are a few little novelty Halloween toys/activities to occupy them during the day.

We usually have something nice but quick to eat - perhaps chilli or hot dogs and a few other snacks like nahos/dips and wings. We will end the evening by watching some Halloween shows.

Pretty quiet for us I guess, but it's one o fmy favourite nights of the year!

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
If all goes as planned I will be going with my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren Trick or Treating. I am soooo excited! I absolutely LOVE going Trick or Treating with them. I feel like a kid all over again. We go to a neighborhood that goes all out decorating and it's so festive. It's funny because the kids start getting tired and I say, "Just one more house"!!! Ha ha! I love seeing all the decorations as we venture the streets. We will probably go out to dinner afterward. Then I will come home and watch, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - my yearly tradition.

Last year my husband, Snow-in-Texas, and I were on a cruise on Halloween and as insane as this may sound I don't ever want to do that again. I missed Trick or Treating with my grandkids and rather have been with them!!! Don't get me wrong! We had the best time ever, dressed up and were even finalist in the costume contest. On Halloween night while on the ship I told my husband, I am missing out on Trick or Treating!!! Lol! I feel fortunate we were able to go but would rather schedule a vacation that does not land on Halloween, or any other big day - Thanksgiving and Christmas. My grandchildren are growing up so fast and it won't be long they will not participate in Trick or Treating - got to take advantage of it while they are little.

Xmastidings - Great list of shows to watch!!! Let us know if any Trick or Treaters come by!

Snowflake - You have a great time watching movies and spending time with friends! Will you and your friends be dressing up?

Festive Spirit - It sounds like a nice evening and I hope the weather holds up for you. We are luckily going to have mild weather. I am all for the coldest weather possible on any other night but don't mind it to be mild for Halloween where we don't even have to wear a jacket, then when it's over, bring on the "blizzard" like conditions!!! :lol:

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
If all goes as planned I will be going with my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren Trick or Treating. I am soooo excited! I absolutely LOVE going Trick or Treating with them. I feel like a kid all over again. We go to a neighborhood that goes all out decorating and it's so festive. It's funny because the kids start getting tired and I say, "Just one more house"!!! Ha ha! I love seeing all the decorations as we venture the streets. We will probably go out to dinner afterward. Then I will come home and watch, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - my yearly tradition.

Last year my husband, Snow-in-Texas, and I were on a cruise on Halloween and as insane as this may sound I don't ever want to do that again. I missed Trick or Treating with my grandkids and rather have been with them!!! Don't get me wrong! We had the best time ever, dressed up and were even finalist in the costume contest. On Halloween night while on the ship I told my husband, I am missing out on Trick or Treating!!! Lol! I feel fortunate we were able to go but would rather schedule a vacation that does not land on Halloween, or any other big day - Thanksgiving and Christmas. My grandchildren are growing up so fast and it won't be long they will not participate in Trick or Treating - got to take advantage of it while they are little.

Xmastidings - Great list of shows to watch!!! Let us know if any Trick or Treaters come by!

Snowflake - You have a great time watching movies and spending time with friends! Will you and your friends be dressing up?

Festive Spirit - It sounds like a nice evening and I hope the weather holds up for you. We are luckily going to have mild weather. I am all for the coldest weather possible on any other night but don't mind it to be mild for Halloween where we don't even have to wear a jacket, then when it's over, bring on the "blizzard" like conditions!!! :lol:

Hope you guys have a great time!! And get lots of tricks & treats!! [emoji4][emoji316]

Thank you! I will have a Halloween Henley on & some festive jewelry, but no costume.
Harlowe will wear her Witch's hat for a few minutes, lol-enough for a photo & then it's off!

How about you?

Reactions: 3 people

Ladybugkisses

Elf Choir Book Distributor
MMC Lifer
Nov 2, 2006
Glen Burnie, Maryland
I have scheduled to leave the office a few hours early to get home in order to get ready for the festivities. To have one less thing to do I usually place an order for pizza the night before only to have it delivered at 5pm on Halloween.
My oldest is 16 and for the last few years has decided to hang back at the house to hand out candy to the kids. I will be taking my youngest daughter out trick or treating as I do every year.

I'm actually, glad that Halloween is on a Friday this year. With all the excitement of the evening my little one can fall asleep later than her normal bedtime once her body recovers from the sugar rush it's endured and hopefully she'll be in a sugar coma and sleep in longer on Saturday. Oh, a mum can only dream!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
I have scheduled to leave the office a few hours early to get home in order to get ready for the festivities. To have one less thing to do I usually place an order for pizza the night before only to have it delivered at 5pm on Halloween.

My oldest is 16 and for the last few years has decided to hang back at the house to hand out candy to the kids. I will be taking my youngest daughter out trick or treating as I do every year.

I'm actually, glad that Halloween is on a Friday this year. With all the excitement of the evening my little one can fall asleep later than her normal bedtime once her body recovers from the sugar rush it's endured and hopefully she'll be in a sugar coma and sleep in longer on Saturday. Oh, a mum can only dream!

[emoji316]

That sounds like a fun Halloween with your family! Enjoy!!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
We are going to a friend's house this year for pizza and we will bring the kids around their neighborhood.

I do not think we will be out too late as both my daughters have their final soccer tournament this weekend and my youngest daughter's game is at 8am but she has to be at the field at 7:30 so I know a big cup of coffee will be on my agenda that morning.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

But my plans are to:

The Wizard of OZ

I would be hiding under the bed...the Wizard of Oz scares me!!! LOL - I hate that witch and those monkeys! Enjoy your night and hope you get some trick-or-treaters!

Reactions: 2 people

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
We are going to a friend's house this year for pizza and we will bring the kids around their neighborhood.

I do not think we will be out too late as both my daughters have their final soccer tournament this weekend and my youngest daughter's game is at 8am but she has to be at the field at 7:30 so I know a big cup of coffee will be on my agenda that morning.

Good luck to your daughters!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
We will do a fast, but festive dinner - the kids love hot dogs, so I typically make them "mummy" hot dogs, hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls, and they look like mummies. I usually pair them with baked beans, and something else. Whatever I make for dessert then too with have a Halloween theme. I have a treat/gift bucket that I've put together for each of the kids, so I'll give that to each of them then too. I'm looking forward to the night!

DH and I both have the night off, so we'll take the kids trick-or-treating in our neighborhood and we'll be going with a lot of our friends. The kids and us as well are really looking forward to it. We'll come home and watch a quick Halloween DVD - hopefully maybe catch Charlie Brown!

DoubleA

Next in line to Mr. Claus
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Apr 16, 2006
Southern CA
Taking the little one to his first Halloween party at our friends, just enjoying the day and night together, I have the whole day off :)

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
Hope you guys have a great time!! And get lots of tricks & treats!! [emoji4][emoji316]

Thank you! I will have a Halloween Henley on & some festive jewelry, but no costume.
Harlowe will wear her Witch's hat for a few minutes, lol-enough for a photo & then it's off!

How about you?

I will at least wear Halloween colors and some other flashy stuff but not sure on a costume yet. Sometimes I wear a costume, sometimes don't. =)

Looking forward to Harlowe's photo! :D

frostyman

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Oct 22, 2009
KY
small party at home with my five grandkids then off they'll go trick or treating. I will stay at home and hand out the candy. We usually have a good turnout.

Neotericisis

MMC Member
Nov 17, 2011
We've checked off most autumn activities off our list already, so the only thing left is to trick-or-treat! My children are small (5 & 6) so Trick-or-treating is a big thing. My husband and I are going to rush home from work and get a head start. For the first time I am leaving a candy bowl out- yeah, I know some naughty kid will come and take practically the whole bowl, but we'll be off doing our own thing so alls well that ends well. That reminds me- I need to get batteries for our flash light!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Here's one thing to consider this year for Trick-or-Treating, especially with the little ones.

I watched the extended weather forecast this morning on TV, and for Halloween night, they're predicting that the temperature is supposed to go down below freezing that night... And get this, they said that the New England area, and Great Lakes areas, could get some snow on Halloween night!!!!
:cold:

Sounds like some Hot Coco, may be in the plans for the night~

Neotericisis

MMC Member
Nov 17, 2011
Here's one thing to consider this year for Trick-or-Treating, especially with the little ones.

I watched the extended weather forecast this morning on TV, and for Halloween night, they're predicting that the temperature is supposed to go down below freezing that night... And get this, they said that the New England area, and Great Lakes areas, could get some snow on Halloween night!!!!

SAY WHAT!!

I live in NJ and just checked the forecast- it'll be a chilly one at 43 degrees (last Halloween was mild!). My girl is Aurora (sleeping beauty) so a jacket can go under her princess dress, but my boy is Spiderman so I'll have to put some thermal wear and sweatpants/sweatshirt on under his costume. hopefully he'll be able to squeeze in! Also, he can wear a black hat. Halloween is so much more enjoyable when the weather is mild. I am just glad its not going to be rainy. We are getting rain on Saturday (90% chance as of today! yikes!!) so it was a close call. Since Friday is still a few days away I am hoping that 90% chance of rain on Sat. doesn't scoot on over into Friday!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
As soon as I get home from work we will help the kids get ready and then head over to my dads so he can see the kids. On the way back home we will stop and pick up a pizza. My sister inlaw and her family are coming over. The guys will stay at the house to hand out candy to the trick or treaters while my sister in law and I take the kids trick or treating through the neighborhood.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
As soon as I get home from work we will help the kids get ready and then head over to my dads so he can see the kids. On the way back home we will stop and pick up a pizza. My sister inlaw and her family are coming over. The guys will stay at the house to hand out candy to the trick or treaters while my sister in law and I take the kids trick or treating through the neighborhood.

That's sort of what we used to do, when our kids were little. My in-laws would come over (since they did not get any Trick-or-Treaters at their house) and they would stay at our house and hand out candy to all the Trick-or-treaters, while we took our kids out Trick-or-Treating.

We used to pull around a wagon with us with a blanket in it, extra candy bags (to dump theirs in when they got too heavy), flashlights, jackets and a small cooler for Mom and dad....

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England

we are incredibly lucky this year . The weather has been summer temps this week at 15-17C and is predicted to be like that on Friday! So this will be awesome for the children - they won't need coats etc. Fingers crossed it doesn't change. Over here it can change in hours!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image