What do you do with you leftover turkey?

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Make grilled turkey and cheese sandwhiches and if there is enough stuffing and cranberry sauce left then you just gotta make a bobbi sandwich (roll, mayo, turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce)

girlsinmo

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Premiere
MHH Premiere
Feb 10, 2008
We eat it with any other leftovers or turkey sandwiches. Love eating the leftovers for a few days.

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Boston, Ma
www.facebook.com
My dad used to make a few turkey leftover dinners.he'd put turkey in a warm pan on the stovetop,add gravy and simmer,they could be made into subs or add mashies.another one he would make a turkey shepards pie.he'd use the turkey,mashies,stuffing,gravy.anything you like.he'd layer it(with mashies always on top) ,add seasonings,and bake 350 for maybe 30mins or until mashies are brown.
I do this now,and always think of my dad as i do.

MammaElf

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Jul 16, 2008
turkey sandwiches with mayo and a thick slice of cranberry sauce YUMMY!
I make stock out of the bones and freeze it to use for Christmas recipes
turkey divan sometimes
usually there is much left over

claycath

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Jul 20, 2008
Virginia Beach
www.cathyscreations.com
:cry:We usually just eat it til gone but I do like to make "turkey cutlets". I dip thick turkey slices in egg & milk mixture & then a seasoned flour mixture. I heat oil til pretty hot in a frying pan & fry them up & transfer to a plate. I drain the oil but try to leave any crumbs in there. Add a few tablesppons of butter to the pan & melt. Add some flour & mix til smooth. Stir in a tablespoon of lemon juice & serve over turkey cutlets.

Cathy

MarthaK

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 5, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I love working on the leftovers and making turkey sandwiches through the Thanksgiving weekend. After Thanksgiving dinner, there is no 'real' cooking going on in my house until the holiday weekend has passed.

One think my mom used to do was to heat up sliced turkey in gravy and serve it over toast for breakfast one morning. It's hot and filling and a great way to start a day filled with sledding and Christmas tree hunting!

As the weekend works to a close, I always boil down the remainder and make turkey soup stock (w-out the noodles, which I add at serving time) and freeze it for the coming cold and flu season.

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
It's usually just turkey sandwiches...
It's always better the second day you eat it.... oddly enough.

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Turkey sandwiches
Turkey salad
Turkey gravy
Turkey Hash
Turkey a la King
Turkey soup

Oh wiat...sorry...
had a Ralphie moment there!
=)

Ms_Speedy_Elf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 13, 2008
Turkey sandwiches

Turkey for a salad

Ms_Speedy_Elf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 13, 2008
Turkey sandwiches
Turkey salad
Turkey gravy
Turkey Hash
Turkey a la King
Turkey soup

Oh wiat...sorry...
had a Ralphie moment there!
=)

I thought that you were gonna be like Bubba (Forest Gump):p

Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

HouseElf

Limited Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 24, 2008
Canada
We usually have barely enough for a lunch leftover!
However, before we had three hungry boys, I would make a Turkey Stata cheesy

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
Since we are not fond of dark meat, I stopped fixing a whole turkey now it's so much easier just to get a turkey breast. I usually make casseroles with the leftovers.
Best part is I don't have to pick the meat off the bones (a job that I really didn't like and no one else in family seem to know how to do it) , yeah right!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image