Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

what do you have for thanksgiving dinner ?

Discussion in 'Thanksgiving' started by Saki.Girl, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Saki.Girl

Saki.Girl Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

So I was wondering what you have for thanks giving dinner is it always turkey or do you guys do something different.

We usually have turkey but i might change it up this year.

sugar142286 and Dudley like this.
  2. Dudley

Dudley Santa Clausologist Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Family doesn't care for turkey so I have been making prime rib for years with garlic mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.

3. WintersElf

WintersElf Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

The usual..Turkey breast..homemade mash pot with gravy...green beans..stuffing..rolls.and cranberry sauce and homemade pumkin pie..

Saki.Girl likes this.
  4. Saki.Girl

we also do turkey it is ussaly deep fried

5. Gina Edwards

Gina Edwards Merry Forums Newbie Merry Forums Member

I cook several turkeys on the grill, they turn out so moist. I also make cornbread souffle, Rosemary potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, some kind of veggie dish, and several kinds of pies.

Saki.Girl and Dudley like this.
  6. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

We deep fry a turkey, have mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, succotash, rolls, and pumpkin pie.

Saki.Girl likes this.
  7. KimB

KimB Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

This year it will be Whole Foods doing all my cooking. I just have to pick it up and heat it.

In years past, I did traditional dinners until my brother moved to Florida. He and I love fresh fish so the first year here we grilled grouper. I think I also had scallops, salad, and key lime pie. We did something similar until his wife started coming down earlier. Now we're back to traditional turkey.

If my brothers adult kids or adult grandkids come, I also have something vegetarian and a ham, too. They all have huge appetites and are runners.

Saki.Girl and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  8. Kouli

Kouli Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

The only main course and sides I stack on my plate are turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, garlic rolls, and lots of gravy. Oh, don’t forget the pumpkin pie! I usually hit up the local diner just to get a turkey dinner with all the fixings throughout the year cause it’s my favorite meal!

9. WintersElf

WintersElf Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

Just found well be having an extra 6 people over..so now we have added A ham..potatoe salad and stuffed eggs..

Saki.Girl, sugarmuffin25 and Dudley like this.
  10. Dudley

The fun and excitement of last minute guests!

Saki.Girl and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  11. Solice

Solice Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Always turkey for Thanksgiving (and a big one!)

sugarmuffin25 and Dudley like this.
  12. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

We have turkey, ham, stuffing balls, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, corn, mashed potatoes, pickled eggs, cranberry salads, and rolls, , plus, then we usually do pumpkin, pumpkin pecan, and apple crumb pies and as well a pumpkin roll.

sugarmuffin25, Saki.Girl and Dudley like this.
  13. Saki.Girl

everyone's dinners sound so great. we will be heading to my parents and having deep fried turkey, mash potato, rolls stuffing, and i have to come up with some appetizers. I hope everyone has a very special thanksgiving

sugarmuffin25 and sugar142286 like this.
  14. prancer

prancer Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Omg you guys are making my mouth water with those delicious dishes...Any room for another one at your tables lol...Happy Thanksgiving when it comes around guys:snowhappy

sugarmuffin25 and sugar142286 like this.
  15. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

That sounds lovely! Hope you have a nice day with your family as well!

16. Kouli

Kouli Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Does anyone have a special adult beverage they make for thanksgiving? I’m thinking I’m doing apple cider mimosas for the morning. And maybe a sangria for the rest of the day.

sugarmuffin25 likes this.
  17. Dudley

Sort of . . . we always make a citrus punch recipe from the 1940s, but substitute the bourbon with apple cider.

Kouli and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  18. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

-glitterstocking-Our Thanksgiving dinner will be turkey, gravy, stuffing, butternut squash casserole, California blend veggie, dinner rolls and relish tray. Pumpkin pie and or pumpkin bread for dessert.