MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
Winchell's Donut House Halloween Record

Does anyone remember this record from the 70's? When I was 9 or 10 years old, a friend of mine's father managed a Winchell's Donut shop and he gave me one that they handed out at Halloween. I played it ALL the time and loved the Halloween story it tells. Then just last year I was telling my son about it and was hoping that my dad still had it with his record collection. He could not find it but he has thousands of records, I am sure it's buried in there somewhere. My son found the clip online for me. I thought I would share. It's a little silly but it brings back memories for me and I still enjoy it.

[youtube_browser]eCJ2FimbHgU[/youtube_browser]
:boo:

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Too silly.

Lollll...yes I know dear, it is very silly hearing it now but when I was a little kid, I loved it! I already got the business from our son when he picked on me for liking it. Funny thing is, as a kid I didn't realize that all it was is a commercial that they put on on a record to eat more donuts!
:snowball:

Reactions: cgmcav and buck1112

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
Reactions: cgmcav and buck1112

Courtney

Makin' A Comeback!
MMC Lifer
Jul 21, 2008
Home
Thanks for sharing! :)

Mmm... Winchell's Donuts. Haven't had them in many, many years, but I'm sure they are still THE best doughnuts ever. (Besides Krispy Kremes of course! (; )

Reactions: buck1112

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
I am bumping this thread that I made when I first joined here back in 2009. Since this video clip has been found I have continued to play it every year for the grandchildren. (I like it too!) :D

The purpose of bumping this thread is for the new members that have joined since I first posted it 5 years ago. I would like to know if anyone else owned this record. If not, I hope you take the time to listen to it.

buck1112

Merry Forums Newbie
MMC Member
Oct 21, 2020
usa
This came out in 1975 originally, but the cover pictured here on the Youtube link was from the 1976 reissue.
Both issues had the same recordings.
I was about 7 when I got mine in 75, and mine had the orange cover.
I've added the front and back of that original version below (also, see here: http://www.45cat.com/record/98757s )
It would be interesting to know more about the production side and who actually made it, etc. It's still impressive for an originally produced giveaway item at a donut shop! :)

According to the 45cat.com website:
Winchell's Donut House, Halloween Record.
Copyright 1975 Winchell's Donut House
Mfg. by Evatone Soundsheets
Plays at 33⅓ , Stereo

winchells-donut-house-spooky-sounds-and-a-scary-tale-evatone.jpg

winchells-donut-house-blank-evatone.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio