Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

WORST Christmas gift EVER!!!

Discussion in 'Retro' started by rodmonster, Apr 15, 2013.

1. 'Tis the season

'Tis the season Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor

When I was about twelve I got a dinner tray from my Aunt. Always thought that was a bit strange. Nothing particularly teenager specific about it just a plastic dinner tray. You can imagine the confusion on Christmas morning unwrapping it.

2. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl North Pole Domestic Goddess MMC Lifer

A couple of scratch off lottery tickets that were losers.

3. George Broderick, Jr.

George Broderick, Jr. Guest

In second grade, I got a gyroscope from my parents... what is a seven year old gonna do with a gyroscope... I couldn't even make the darned thing work!

More recently, my brother-in-law got me a VHS copy of The Toxic Avenger... :?

As for clowns, everyone expects you to think of Ronald McDonald or Bozo but I always see The Joker in a dark alley with a crow bar... Brrr!

4. Yuletide Junkie

Yuletide Junkie Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

That's not a Christmas present. Those are stocking stuffers you pull out after the peanut butter trees. Win or lose, everyone has a good time.

caninemomssister and snowflake22 like this.
  5. ChristmasSpirit76

ChristmasSpirit76 Christmas Star MMC Lifer

I generally always like my gifts but my mom got the worst gifts that I can think of. It was my mom and dad's first Christmas together and he bought her a brown sweater and a boar's hairbrush, to be fair he was going by what my Aunt said she would like. I think my aunt wanted this stuff. lol

6. HollyJolly

HollyJolly Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor

I'm not sure this qualifies as the "worst" but at least most uncomfortable to watch...

A family friend got his wife a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. She opened it, scowled, and looked at him and said, "Monday you can just take this back to the store!"

It got R-E-A-L quiet after that.

7. rodmonster

rodmonster Santa's Personal Trainer MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

=)

Hahaha!

8. molepomandmistletoe

molepomandmistletoe Mistletoe Hanger Merry Forums Member

Oh goodness me, you mean a Onesie, yes, those things are VILE and a huge craze in the UK. I HATE them almost as much as I hate clowns. It's one thing wearing them in your own house but there's a growing trend to wear them out in public. Shopping, etc. I've even seen a few in college wearing them, complete with make up and up do's.

9. kizzy

kizzy Santa Clausologist Merry Forums Member

One Christmas my gran gave me two left footed slippers and told me that I just needed to wear them in!

10. HollyJolly

<grin> I got one when I was little but I liked mine. Always been a science guy though and at the time was wholly geared towards being an astronaut. At 13, I grew too tall and started wearing glasses. That was the end of my astronaut career...sigh...

11. ChristmasFanatic2

ChristmasFanatic2 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member Christmas Talk Alum

As a rule, I've always loved any gift I receive, but when I was 14, we went to my step-Dad's parent's tp open gifts. Our step-sister and step-brother went with us. I got a mixing bowl and one of those tiny jars of jam that usually come in a set of several jars. My two little brothers got small metal cars and mittens. Meanwhile, our step-siblings were opening up special, large, expensive gifts. I was old enough to know we weren't really welcome in the family, but my little brothers were 9 and 5 and they didn't understand the fact that we weren't really accepted. They never acted anything but thrilled, but it hurt me, because I could see the slight disappointment, in their eyes.

12. WintersElf

WintersElf Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

christmasfanatic thats horrible to be unwelcomed like that....im sorry you had to go thru that...how hurtful you must of felted...i was there before my ex husbands family never cared for me at all..and at christmas i would always get the nasty ugly gift..no one would of wanted..one year i got a set of ugly dishes..then the next year i got a bottle of perfume that stank so bad no one liked it...yet that was my gift..i dumped it down the drain.and the last year i was with them i got a broken gold necklace off one of there necks...ugh....please i would of rather not gotten anything.

13. caninemomssister

caninemomssister Chestnut Roaster MMC Lifer

14. caninemomssister

That is really sad and I can relate. When I was small my Grandmother favored her daughter's children. She did not like who my Dad married. So, we often were slighted. My brothers were very young also and did not realize the situation. Sad that it happened on Christmas.

snowflake22 likes this.
  15. caninemomssister

The worst gift I ever received was my fault! I found out where Santa hid the presents before Christmas Eve and I actually looked. That was the only year the clothes Santa bought me did not fit. All my fault.:(

16. Mistletoe Wishes

Mistletoe Wishes Sugar Cookie Tester Merry Forums Member

Sadly I'm another who can relate. My grandfather remarried after my grandmother died, to a horrible gold digger. We went round one Christmas and got a pound in a Christmas card and a small token present. Her grandkids turned up and had a colour TV and a bike! She was also boasting about the solid gold necklace my grandfather had brought her too.

17. MarthaK

MarthaK Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Back in the late 70's and 80's we called those jumpsuits and they came complete with big hair and big shoulder pads. Well, without a jet to fly, they were simply awkward; particularly when you had to use public rest facilities.

18. MarthaK

MarthaK Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

The Christmas I was 9, a friend of my parents and mother of some of my playmates, gave me a set of pillowcases. That's it, just two pillowcases. While it was pathetic, at the time I thought it was a "grown-up" gift and implied that I was old enough to be treated like an adult.

HollyJolly likes this.
  19. HollyJolly

Did that mean no more sitting at the card table? ;)

20. Elizabeth Chan

Elizabeth Chan Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

I usually love Christmas presents, but I'd have to say the worst Christmas present I ever received was a pen. It was given to me when I was 9 or 10, a year after the most epic Christmas I ever encountered in my life.

When I was 20 years old, my boyfriend at the time bought me South Park toys. I don't even like South Park, never watched an episode or anything...

irishsnow likes this.