Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Wrapping Paper

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by sugarmuffin25, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Contented

Contented Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Holiday,It was so funny.One lady turn around and look at me.Which in turn on ly made me laugh harder.

KimB, ponytramp, Holiday and 2 others like this.
  2. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

LOVE IT!!! And you'll be laughing out loud again using that paper to wrap presents!!!
    ::surprise

sugarmuffin25 likes this.
  3. Contented

Contented Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Belive it or not Holiday I'm now looking for those small rubber chickens with candy in them.They use to be like 99 cents.Somehow I'm going to incorporate one in the bows!!! I'll take a picture whenI start wrapping the gifts up. Oh what a mess I am when I'm having fun!

ponytramp likes this.
  4. HollyJolly

HollyJolly Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor

If you find them, let us know where. I have a long running family joke with chickens and my brother who was once horrified to see a chicken run out of the open front door in a roadside house out in the country. His reactions were the source of many a joke, so I slip in something chicken to a gift every so often. Sometimes the mere threat of a chicken is enough!

5. Petronius

Petronius Ornament Craftsman Merry Forums Member

For me wrapping paper is a form of art. There are so many designs and brilliant colors.

ponytramp, Lynn68 and Christmasplease like this.
  6. Nash

Nash Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Wrapping paper is a VERY important part of Christmas after all how rubbish would gifts under the tree look if just in boxes or bags etc , something magical when all gifts are wrapped and under tree ,makes a lovely lovely festive photo

ponytramp and Lynn68 like this.
  7. Lynn68

Lynn68 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

:giftdudeI absolutely love using wrapping paper for Christmas gifts. I refuse to use gift bags because it almost feels like tossing something in a gift bag is the lazy way out. Sure there are pretty Christmas bags, but I love wrapping presents while sipping on a cup of hot cocoa with Christmas music in the background, then looking at all the pretty presents afterward. There's no feeling like it!

8. Lynn68

Oh my gosh, I couldn't agree with you more!

ponytramp and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  9. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

Thats exactly what I do! Theres something magical about sitting wrapping presents, with a hot chocolate, in the glow of the christmas tree with a christmas film or christmas songs on - made even better if the weather is rubbish outside too and your all snug indoors!

Nash, Lynn68 and Christmasplease like this.
  10. Lynn68

Absolutely! If there's snow falling on Christmas eve, or even a blizzard, it makes it even more magical wrapping those last minute presents. I can honestly say there's no feeling on earth more wonderful and warm than Christmas eve while preparing for Christmas day! Last year my hubby and I had some financial issues, so we could not afford gifts for anyone, including for each other. So I missed out on that cozy feeling of wrapping them. But this year is a different situation, and I'm so excited and looking forward to laying out all of my rolls of wrapping paper and having that difficult (yet fun) time deciding which design to wrap each gift with. Lol!

11. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

Sorry to hear you hit hard times lovely but Im glad everything has improved for you. x
    I tend to have family (husband and kids) paper and then paper I give to the rest of the family

12. ponytramp

ponytramp Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member

I couldn't agree more with what people have written here!! :D

I love wrapping paper too. I have more than I could ever use up. I can't help myself. :rolleyes: When I see a design that I like I have to bring it home with me. Honestly I don't think I'll ever need to buy any more paper, bows, ribbon or tags. What a problem to have! LOL :p

I do have bags but mostly I'll wrap something first and then maybe use the bag to transport the packages more easily. I'm really not a fan of the bags though. As pretty as some of them are, I feel like it's the easy way out for people.

I just love looking at the pretty wrapped packages under the tree.

I always try to color coordinate everything too. (bows, ribbons and any other doo-dads on the packages) Sometimes I wonder why bother when everyone else just tosses the gift in a bag .. or wraps a box and that's it. Not even a bow on the box. :(

My ex was a bad wrapper. I have to give credit where it is due though. He always made his own gift tags for the packages and wrote something nice in it, which I loved. He eventually would have a lady friend of his wrap his gifts to me. She always did a nice job too. One time he (admiringly) commented on how she coordinated everything. I just looked at him and said that's exactly what I do. I guess he just never noticed.

Then there's my grandmother. She always saved used paper and stuff. She never tore the paper. Always used scissors to keep things fresh. I have to admit. When I really like the design on the paper I've done it too.

Does anyone else do that?

-gift-

13. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Wrapping paper never lasts in my house. Everyone rips through their gifts! Lol

sugarmuffin25 likes this.
  14. KimB

KimB Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

I think some years I’ve spent more on wrapping paper than on gifts. I was always a sucker for Hallmark paper with matching bows. -gift- I always had a color theme, too. These days my life is so much different but I still love wrapping paper.

15. Petronius

Do you buy wrapping paper on sale after Christmas?

Christmasplease likes this.
  16. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I buy a bunch of wrapping paper after Christmas and pack it away. Problem is, when I start seeing the paper hit the stores in October I tend to find a bunch more that I like and so I buy even more. Then, in November when I break out the Christmas stuff, I find all the stuff I had bought on sale the previous year. It is a vicious cycle that I have no plans to stop!

ponytramp likes this.
  17. Petronius

18. Petronius

19. Petronius

20. Petronius

The Top Ten Best Christmas Wrapping Paper