Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Yard Decoration Planning In Full Swing

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by CGYager, Jul 7, 2016.

1. CGYager

CGYager Santa's Helper in South Dakota MMC Emeritus Member

With so many outdoor decorations gathered over the past few years, I have found it much easier to start laying it out on paper (and in my mind) way in advance. It also gives the opportunity to get input from family and friends on what they might like to see. It's a great way to get the family involved and always seems to bring a smile on the faces of everyone... even if a few think it is a bit too early.
    The front yard is not large enough for all the decorations, but then again, it is nice to see a change or two from the previous year. I've even contemplated doing some in the back yard for our own family "Winter Wonderland". Anyone else do the same?

ballcoach, NcGunny, Rich and 2 others like this.
  2. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Love it! We don't put decorations in our back yard, but we do light the tree that is in our back yard! It is a tree that is planted in memory of my brother, & we let the lights on long - this past year until March b/c our neighbors had a fit when we were going to take them down in February. They liked seeing them light up the dark winter nights! :) We also change the bulbs around our back patio to red & green & then after the New Year to blue & white until spring! Good luck! xx So exciting!

ballcoach and Rich like this.
  3. NcGunny

NcGunny Candycane Wrangler MMC Emeritus Member

I like to plan it out on paper and have my motif in my mind for the new season. This year is going to be Candy Canes because I bought tons of lights on clearance after Christmas. I like to have it done before the bitter cold weather hits and then you end rushing just to get out of the cold.

Holiday likes this.
  4. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

We don't do a lot of outside decorating, but what we do put out is so pretty. We have a few stick decorations we put out, a lighted wreath, and lights around the front door. I like your idea though of "mapping it out". When decorating big, it's always good to have a game plan.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  5. ballcoach

ballcoach Guest

This thread made me smile! Great idea about the tree for your brother!