Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Your fave 80s Music

Discussion in 'Retro' started by ryansrs1, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

I am not familar with them. I looked them up and it looks like they play mostly on the West Coast. I am on the East Coast.
    Are they good?

2. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Thank you! I hope you get good seats to McCartney!!

3. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I love Queensryche!

4. Christmas-A-Holic

Christmas-A-Holic MMC Goodwill Ambassador MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew

Thanks! They are not floor tickets but they are good seats!

5. ryansrs1

ryansrs1 Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer

Kelly, 2 good bands you meantioned. Namely TheSex pistols and clash- im well into punk but UK punk, not stuff like the offspring and green day (though some green day is ok).

If were talking them kind of bands i like the buzzcocks, undertones, souxie and the banshees, P.I.L, Stiff little Fingers, the ****ed etc. Oh and noth forgetting The Jam- awsome band.

Also ska/two-tone bands around same time such as Madness, The specials (class band), Bad Manners. Another band from around then but more early 80s are Cockney Rejects-still going 2day-though it aint 'everyones cup of tea'cheesy.

Cheers

J (Now doing the pogocheesy)

6. ChristmasLovers

ChristmasLovers Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

Hip Hop Fav's:
    Run DMC
    Dougie Fresh
    Slick Rick
    LL Cool J
    Beastie Boys

For Rock:
    Poison
    Motley Crue
    Van Halen
    Def Leppard
    Anthrax
    Metallica

There are 100's more, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind that I listened to all the time. But then I was 4-14 at the time, lol.

7. caninemom3

caninemom3 MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013) MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member

I would have to say Metallica and Ozzy were are 2 of my favorite bands. I also love REO Speedwagon and Styx.

:tree:

8. Petronius

Petronius Ornament Craftsman Merry Forums Member

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

9. WintersElf

WintersElf Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

80's music is my fav and my era...I still love it better than todays music by far.. Abba is a great epic band..love their greatest hits c.d

10. Dudley

Dudley Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Liked some of the hair bands, but the music of the 80s just didn't live up to what came out of the 50s, 60s & 70s.

11. WintersElf

WintersElf Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

My last job the boss played every day all day and night 50.60 music...Cathys clown I knew by heart...haha

Dudley likes this.