Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Your Favorite Top 10 80s Toys

Discussion in 'Retro' started by rodmonster, Jul 22, 2010.

Taken from 2 lists (see description below)....Which is your FAVORITE?

1. Cabbage Patch Kids

15.3%
  2. Trivial Pursuit

3.4%
  3. My Little Pony

3.4%
  4. Koosh Balls

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Transformers

8.5%
  6. Pictionary

3.4%
  7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

5.1%
  8. Chia Pets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. JENGA

1.7%
  10. All Terrain Armored Transport (Star Wars Walker)

6.8%
  11. Speak & Spell

3.4%
  12. Rubik's Cube

1.7%
  13. Care Bears

5.1%
  14. He-Man action figures & Castle Grayskull

11.9%
  15. Fashion Wheel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Fighting Fantasy books

1.7%
  17. Paul Daniels Magic Set

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Pogo ball

1.7%
  19. Atari

27.1%
  20. Teddy Ruxpin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rodmonster

rodmonster Santa's Personal Trainer MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

These are taken from 2 lists (Top 10 toys of the 80s at Christmas and Top 10 Selling toys of the 80s)....Which is your FAVORITE?

3 people like this.
  2. xmas365

xmas365 Wants to build the second castle on the left MMC Lifer

I go with Transformers, it is great now because my son loves them now thanks to the recent movies. My favorite all-time 80's toy was the die-cast metal Voltron with the 5 lions.

2 people like this.
  3. rodmonster

=)

I still have mine! Thats a good one too!

4. Christmas-A-Holic

Christmas-A-Holic MMC Goodwill Ambassador MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew

I was a teenager in the 80's so Atari for me! I still have quite a few of the games.

1 person likes this.
  5. CharlestonNole

CharlestonNole Keeper of the Yule Goat MMC Emeritus Member

Loved the Atari, but Grayskull was awesome....

1 person likes this.
  6. rodmonster

=)

Agreed!

1 person likes this.
  7. Courtney

Courtney Makin' A Comeback! MMC Lifer

That's a toughy! I chose CPK, but Atari came in a very close 2nd, as did Rubik's Cube. I am surprised that Chia Pets made the cut, but Hot Wheels and Matchbox Cars didn't. [I'm a girl, but I loved 'em! V'room, v'room!] Are Chia Pets really considered a toy, rather than a plant?! Weird.

1 person likes this.
  8. kgstyles

kgstyles Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

He-Man was the best!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. Snow-in-Texas

Snow-in-Texas Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member

Atari for me, the start of the video game age. I know there were others, but Atari made the biggest impact.

1 person likes this.
  10. Mumof2

Mumof2 One Happy lil Elf MMC Lifer

I loved alot of them,but I voted Transformers.. as for my personal fa toy,Strawberry shortcake and friends.I have a tattoo of her on my back..

1 person likes this.
  11. G.Bailey

G.Bailey Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

I was 10 in 1980, and thus my toy-playing days were coming to an end. I would've said Atari from the list, but we never had one, although we did get ColecoVision years later, and that blew Atari away. I suppose I chose pictionary because I've always had a gift for drawing and won many games. Still, nothing can beat a Star Wars figure, except a ball, mitt & glove down at the old ball park, that was the absolute bomb!

1 person likes this.
  12. rodmonster

Bumping up!

Bumping up!

13. Sabine

Sabine Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

I love Trivial Pursuit :-D

2 people like this.
  14. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Atari - I loved the Demon Attack game

3 people like this.
  15. Faith4always

Faith4always MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I absolutely loved love LOVED the Speak and Spell. That was my favorite thing in the world...but I didn't own one myself!! LOL
    My parents just didn't see it necessary for me to have one.
    But...I did have an Atari, Cabbage Patch Kid, Rubik's Cube, and I think a few others listed in the poll. ahh..the memories of the fun times.
    Oh, but my bike was my life!!!

2 people like this.
  16. trackrebel

trackrebel candy cane hustla MMC Lifer

on the list above I really loved everything to do with the Ninja Turtles....those green, pizza eating guys were awesome........many of my friends loved the He-Man figures (boys) and and My Little Pony (girls)

2 people like this.
  17. Jeniferdwn

Jeniferdwn Chestnut Roaster MMC Lifer

I truly loved and still love, my Cabbage Patch Kids. my first one was Lewis Hugh. There were only a few in my town taht year and my mom was waiting on them delivery at the store. She had to grab this one from the small box of dolls. She has alos been to the Cabbage Patch Kid place in Georgia and brought my daughter a doll of her own. My brothers even had one although I doubt they'd admit to it now. LOL

2 people like this.
  18. trackrebel

trackrebel candy cane hustla MMC Lifer

I loved Rainbow Brite....which is very, very unlikely for me....cos I usually only liked boys things....but that rocked

3 people like this.
  19. starandstable

starandstable Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

It would have to be Transformers for me. I had so many of them and thought they were still in my parent's attic. I wanted to give them to my son a couple of years ago after the first movie came out, but to my surprise, they turned up missing.

2 people like this.
  20. UnchosenFragmnts

UnchosenFragmnts MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

It would be He-Man for me. I can't imagine the money that was spent on everything we had. But sadly all of them and alot lot lot of GI Joes went the way of lost attic.

2 people like this.