Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Is that enough to make your consider giving up coffee? When I went grocery shopping this week, there were a couple of things I choose to pass on because I thought the price was unreasonable.
I am considering giving up having soda in the house and when I am dining out. It has gotten terribly high. (Sorry to jump in, but I couldn't resist). What things have you been passing on ?

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I am considering giving up having soda in the house and when I am dining out. It has gotten terribly high. (Sorry to jump in, but I couldn't resist). What things have you been passing on ?
Well, the particular thing this time was a Big Hunk candy bar. I really like those occasionally, and I hadn't bought one since about April, so a while, but the last time I bought one is was 59 cents and now it is $1.59. I decided it just wasn't worth it. The other thing was a dozen chocolate chip pumpkin cookies that doubled in price! Again, I don't get them often and I don't need them but I passed. I am lucky in that I don't like soda. I will go out and friends will say that is so great that you don't drink soda. No, no, it isn't, I just don't like it. So that saves.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 115
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 92
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 31

Happy August Arrives! Today we have 115 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 92 days to go until November, and 31 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is here folks as August has Arrived! That’s what my introduction said this morning and that is indeed our next milestone today. Amazing. 1 full month to go until The Bers folks. We continue in the Summer Sweatfest and now it seriously is time to hit the brakes. Actually, for whatever reason August always winds up being the one month that really seems to slow down. Let’s see if it does this year. It just seems like it drags on. Maybe the heat/humidity wear on us all by now so that’s why. But I notice it every year. And here we are. Our next milestone will be in 15 days from now. That’s right NO milestones this week OR next week. Maybe that will help August slow everything down for us. It will be a big one folks though as we reach the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. Just unbelievable to even consider and think about isn’t it? Now it’s Monday folks so let’s do our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week. And it stands at (believe it or not 16 weeks. Wow. Sweet 16. It definitely sounds like a sweet number. Fortunately, that’s a ton of weeks still. But this is the month folks. If you think you want time to go faster I’d say time to rethink that. Let it go slower now. If we can let August go slow maybe we can slowly go into The Bers and then not have to fly through it this year. Have a great August Arrives!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm good with August being slower because now it's "Fall Pre-Season". So even if August goes slower, it almost makes it feel to me like the Fall buildup will be longer. Heck, we've got NFL football on TV beginning on Thursday!

Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
July was busier than usual so I would definitely like August to slow down. I am also hoping that changing my August mindset from Back to School to Bers Pre-season will give the whole month a better vibe. The plan is to not put out any Fall decorations until September, but I have already been wanting to change out the porch! 16 weeks feels like a great place to be!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Sweet 16 seems perfect to me. Plenty of time to plan and anticipate and enjoy. I also don't usually put out fall decorations until September but the pull is so strong. I am putting out my back-to-school things, the pitiful few that I have. And I have the Thanksgiving decorations all put together for my new little all seasons tree!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Sweet 16 seems perfect to me. Plenty of time to plan and anticipate and enjoy. I also don't usually put out fall decorations until September but the pull is so strong. I am putting out my back-to-school things, the pitiful few that I have. And I have the Thanksgiving decorations all put together for my new little all seasons tree!
Nice!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 114
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 91
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 30

Happy Awesome August! Today folks we have 114 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 91 days remaining until November, and 30 days remaining until The Bers. That’s right now you know how much is remaining of each of our 3 countdowns. Now our next milestone folks is going to be in 2 weeks. That’s right. I said it. 2 whole weeks. That’s a long time but here in the Summer Sweatfest we need a break from milestones (and heat). But we actually had one here on Monday with cooler temps but that won’t last trust me. I’m seeing 90 + pretty much every single day now. Oh and before I get too far off track our next milestone I referenced being 2 weeks from now will be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. That’s right everyone it will be a big one because after that folks. I hate to say it. But there will be NO MORE triple digits ever again in this thread. There I said it. So now if you really want to keep the time rushing now you may want to rethink all of that. Anyway, I’ve enjoyed summer so far (although it’s been kind of hot lately) but I’m not complaining nor am I rushing towards The Bers. I’m content being in this long month of August that always seems to drag out kind of like March does. That’s the comparison I feel at least. Now for all you turkey fans hoping for another milestone well you’ve got a long wait but you’ve got a longer wait till turkey, stuffing and gravy grace all of our plates later on in the month of November. Have a great Awesome August!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Is that enough to make your consider giving up coffee? When I went grocery shopping this week, there were a couple of things I choose to pass on because I thought the price was unreasonable.
G...g...give up coffee?! I'd settle for the cheap Great Value stuff before I'd give up coffee! I'd rather have bad coffee than no coffee!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

Happy Awesome August! Today folks we have 114 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 91 days remaining until November, and 30 days remaining until The Bers. That’s right now you know how much is remaining of each of our 3 countdowns. Now our next milestone folks is going to be in 2 weeks. That’s right. I said it. 2 whole weeks. That’s a long time but here in the Summer Sweatfest we need a break from milestones (and heat). But we actually had one here on Monday with cooler temps but that won’t last trust me. I’m seeing 90 + pretty much every single day now. Oh and before I get too far off track our next milestone I referenced being 2 weeks from now will be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. That’s right everyone it will be a big one because after that folks. I hate to say it. But there will be NO MORE triple digits ever again in this thread. There I said it. So now if you really want to keep the time rushing now you may want to rethink all of that. Anyway, I’ve enjoyed summer so far (although it’s been kind of hot lately) but I’m not complaining nor am I rushing towards The Bers. I’m content being in this long month of August that always seems to drag out kind of like March does. That’s the comparison I feel at least. Now for all you turkey fans hoping for another milestone well you’ve got a long wait but you’ve got a longer wait till turkey, stuffing and gravy grace all of our plates later on in the month of November. Have a great Awesome August!​
Nah, we've made it. The worst is over. I'm happy to slow things down now. But seeing that 30 days til the Bers makes me smile.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
That is great you have an all seasons tree...just keeps up the spirit all year long!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut

I think I am ready for some Bers weather for sure...as much as I love summer!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image