Summer decorations in stores

KWasser

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
One of the things I love to track is the changing of "seasonal items" in major stores. It signals the transition of the seasons, and usually just looks really festive.

So lately (for about a month now) I've noticed all the stores have broken out their Summer decorations! My local Walmart and Walgreens have Summer decorations: "Floaties" for relaxation in rivers/pools, beach towels, "slip and slide" play sets, water guns, coolers for storing drinks, it's all out on display!

And if I could ever make my way back over to Hobby Lobby, I'm sure I'd see some lovely garden decorations.

Anyone else enjoy seeing summer seasonal items and/or decorative items in stores?!?

Reactions: 1 person

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Yes! I love seeing the red, white, and blue stars-and-stripes items between Memorial Day and July Fourth!

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Absolutely! I am the same way! I love seeing various seasonal and holiday stock in the shops throughout the year. It is almost a visual countdown to when the shelves slowly start displaying Christmas.

It was really uplifting when summer stock started to appear and the aspect of longer, brighter, warmer days were ahead.

At the end of summer I love it when Autumn/Halloween start creeping in and of course we all know what follows after that....Christmas!

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
These days in addition to summer , our shelves are flooded with World Cup memorabilia, flags , banners, hats, t shirts and all sorts ! It is quite exciting and I just love how everyone is getting involved.

Reactions: 2 people

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
These days in addition to summer , our shelves are flooded with World Cup memorabilia, flags , banners, hats, t shirts and all sorts ! It is quite exciting and I just love how everyone is getting involved.

I guess here that would be Red Sox paper plates, paper cups, banners, hats, t-shirts, etc.!

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
Not on summer but some hobby lobbies have already starting fall and Halloween. This is about 2 week earlier than normal

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Not on summer but some hobby lobbies have already starting fall and Halloween. This is about 2 week earlier than normal

Now that is right up my alley!
Thanks, XmasDreams!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA

I saw a news story online today saying Hobby Lobby has some Christmas decorations out now.

Reactions: 3 people

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
I saw a news story online today saying Hobby Lobby has some Christmas decorations out now.

Woot! Woot!!!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana

I'm planning to head to mine this weekend to look. They usually start putting out the Christmas craft kits the first week of June but most of the decor items don't start coming out until July.

Last edited:

KWasser

MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Hmm, yeah, early June is when I usually would see Fall decorations start to emerge in Hobby Lobby in years past. Christmas stuff, however, I usually don't see till early to mid July. Late June at the earliest. When I spot something like that, look for the annual "First Sign of Christmas" thread to emerge! ;)

EDIT: Halloween stuff, I usually don't see that in Hobby Lobby till August. My local "Party City" starts putting out their Halloween stuff in July though...wow, it's all getting closer!

MerryCarey said:
Yes! I love seeing the red, white, and blue stars-and-stripes items between Memorial Day and July Fourth!

Good point! It's not just summer decorations that are popular right now, there is also 4th of July decorations/items for sale at various stores. The 4th of July usually kicks off the 2nd (and best) half of the year, for me. :)

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn

Nothing sad about that us craters need time to get it all done.

KWasser

MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I am so excited about the ''first signs'' thread. I was thinking it might appear within the next couple of months. I look forward to it when it does. Yaay! :???:

I usually launch the "First Sign of Christmas" in June or July (because that's when the "First Signs" start appearing). The "First Sign of Halloween" thread is usually in July or August. Should all be coming up soon enough! :)

judesmama

...Noel, Hilda, and Evan’s mama, too!
MMC Lifer
Jul 8, 2008
Out in the country!
Ooh, I love tracking things, too! I have to go to the craft stores and check it out, too. I have my patriotic stuff up all summer followed by my beloved FALL DECOR!!! :)

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Ooh, I love tracking things, too! I have to go to the craft stores and check it out, too. I have my patriotic stuff up all summer followed by my beloved FALL DECOR!!! :)

I hear you, judesmama!!
I love going to Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnne's, and Hancock to look at all of the seasonal crafts & decorations! But my excitement is at a high when the Fall stuff comes out!!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA

I'd love to see a photo of your patriotic decor!

KWasser

MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Summer decorations are back in stores!!

Well, specifically Walmart. I haven't been by Walgreens or Hobby Lobby in the last month, but I suspect it's there as well.

But just days after Easter, the "seasonal" section in Walmart was converted over to Summer decorations. Kinda struck me as being a bit early for Summer stuff, but hey, if Christmas stuff can arrive in Walmart in September, then why not Summer stuff in April? :)

Next, we'll see 4th of July stuff emerge, probably in late May. They'll take that down right after the 4th and by Mid July it'll be "Back to School" stuff. But it strikes me that the "Summer" stuff will be around in some degree until Labor Day, making Summer decorations the longest seasonal items to stay in stores besides the Christmas decorations.

It's all so exciting to see the seasonal items change!

:celebrate:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image