Status
Not open for further replies.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
My wife just surprised me with an 3 layer, vanilla bean ice cream cake, that she made for me for my birthday. Oh my gosh, how fantastic is that. Vanilla bean is my most favorite favorite of all ice creams. Mmmmm, this is out of this world good! I think I might just eat the whole thing!

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
This really stinks. Sorry to hear this!
Thanks! It really stinks since it is hard for us to pick a time to take Carolina to see Santa. We have done it every amd o don't want this to be a missed year.
Good evening! Getting ready to head in to work. I’m hoping to be here with you tonight, but we shall see how my evening goes! I’ll catch up on the rest of the posts later - enjoy your evening!
I hope your night is not too bad.
Good evening ... we are a mere few hours away from the best season of all time. A few of the local radio stations flipped to Christmas music between Friday and today so we have been enjoying that. Picked up a couple Christmas gifts over the weekend and ordered even more online. Went over the released Black Friday ads and got most of my shopping list done. Checked off a couple more projects around the house today. This evening my youngest popped in the Movie Santa Clause .... yup this has been a great 4 day weekend and my first day back to work is also the first day of the Christmas Season in which I get to celebrate with you guys! Life is Great!
Have a great day back tomorrow Minta. My mom texted me about the B 101 switch while I was at work so it was a nice surprise to have

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Today was just a day of work for me. After work Carolina played with a neighbor. We are supposed to get lots of rain overnight and there is a chance on Thursday too. They also said there may be sleet/snow with the rain but I believe that has since changed

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Less than five hours, friends. I returned from Green Bay/Sault Ste. Marie (my hometown) earlier this afternoon. It is fitting that I picked this past weekend to see the Packers play the Dolphins. For the first time ever, I won't be returning home for Christmas. I will be going with Kim to Cornwall to celebrate with her family.

Most importantly, this will be my first Christmas Season without my reason for loving the Season. My grandmother, who passed away last December 21st, will not be around to celebrate the joys of the Season. I'll be the first to admit that celebrating with her over the past five or six years in her retirement home was difficult, but she kept the Spirit alive by constantly cracking grandmotherly jokes and constantly giggling at my stories - or that of her own.

My grandmother and grandfather (he passed away 13 years ago) are the reason that I love Christmas. They would constantly go all out with gifts and decorations. My fondest Christmas memories are visiting them during the Season and running into their bedroom to count all the presents on their nightstands. It looked like Santa's toy shop in the North Pole!

Now, I think about those memories and they always bring a smile to my face. Now, I think more closely about those memories and consider that it wasn't the presents that I truly enjoyed about those times, it was the childhood amazement of the vintage ornaments, classic Santa train that went around the tree, and of course, the coloured lights that sang 12 songs while singing and dancing to the music.

Those memories may be that now - thoughts of the past - but at least I have those lights. Each and every year, I plug them in and let them play through at least once. Each and every year, I let out a cry because I miss my grandfather so much. This year, it will be most difficult because my grandmother is no longer here, too. This year, however, I think I will find some peace and solace knowing that they are together watching their Christmas memories live on in my home and my childlike wonder still exists.

I wish they were here, but I know they are together and making another magical season wherever they may be.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image