Not open for further replies.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

We had a long, lazy afternoon yesterday. After church, we took mom to dinner so she wouldn't have to cook for all of us, as she does every Sunday. By the time I finished counting all of the Weight Watchers points I used on lunch, I didn't get much supper LOL. I'm 9 pounds down in two weeks, though!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

That's awesome! Good for you!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

It's cold, windy and overcast this morning. I thought it was Spring?!

It seems like all I do is brag on my kids these days, and I apologize, but here's some more: Elizabeth has been accepted into the Honors Program at the University, AND she earned a full-ride scholarship!! I'm so proud of my little girl, I could cry! She had to interview for both a few weeks ago, and we were worried because it was the day after her grandmother's funeral, but she obviously nailed it!

And Jacob has been on the Dean's List continuously for the last three years! It's hard to imagine that he'll be a senior in the Fall.

Ok. I hope y'all have a great day, too! :D

(Did I mention how proud I am of my kids?) :p

Oh my gosh! You should brag! You have amazing kids!!! Congrats to them - you should be BEYOND proud!!!

NovaMan

The Maritimes Christmas Ambassador
MMC Member
Nov 1, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy Wednesday and First Day of Spring! Work for me today and my washer is acting up. Last night at 9:30 it turned on by itself and started filling with water. I looked online and it appears to be the control board. So the repair people are coming out tomorrow morning. Hope you all have a great day!
Eeeek!! I don't think I'd take it too well if my washing machine started working on its own! I hope they'll get it fixed properly for you today.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Sorry to hear you were under the weather - hope you are feeling better now, MC.
Thank you! I hope you are doing well!

We're still VERY busy here. I think the brand launch is complete sometime next week. I sure hope so! We'll still be busy afterward, but hopefully not crazy-busy.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Happy First Day of Spring MMC!
My daughter and I joined a gym this morning, we were there for 6:00am. I had to join with someone so they hold me accountable! I hope I learn to like it lol. Typical day of errands and chores. It’s going to be a nice day, sunny with highs near 50. I’m heading out soon to walk the dog. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
xx
Congrats on joining the gym. Hope you get the best out of it. 6am is tough though, I'm usually trying to wake up and get ready for work at that time. But on the upside you get your workout done and out of way early. Enjoy your day HMG.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Wednesday morning! Another beautiful, sunny day with temperatures rising enough that we currently have the patio door open a bit. I may even wear shoes out this afternoon, it's a true joy ditching my Winter boots. But it will be short-lived as they predict rain and snow by the end of the week. I have to admit that so far this week, I have not made any headway in my de-cluttering and Spring cleaning plans. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. Have a great day everyone!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good afternoon ... another chilly but sunny day today. That will change tomorrow as we are expecting some heavy rain only to be followed by winds Friday and into Saturday. The last few days a few local Halloween yearly events have started to pop up on facebook so now I have Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas on the brain LOL. Well Lunch break is almost over. Have a great day.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Oh gosh, it's been far too long!!! We are over half way through March already & I sure do miss visiting here daily!!!
Work life is crazy. I get home & I could just go to bed!! Exhausting! :p Long story short, we are short one girl in our office - she decides to come in some days, but she is quitting, so it's going to be a ZOOOOOO for awhile!!
My sunroom tree is still up & I'm still enjoying it! :) But I am looking forward to warmer temps & lake time!!! :D
I hope you are all doing well & I'll try to catch up soon!!!! ♥
Merry Pines Day!!!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Wednesday afternoon, Christmas friends!

We're planning to take a couple pizzas to Mama's for dinner tonight. I'm hoping Bernie will join us, too.

It's been a beautiful, sunny 65°F day here in Bellville.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy Wednesday and First Day of Spring! Work for me today and my washer is acting up. Last night at 9:30 it turned on by itself and started filling with water. I looked online and it appears to be the control board. So the repair people are coming out tomorrow morning. Hope you all have a great day!

I remember when I a young teen and babysitting at a Solar Home and late at night their stereo kicked in by itself and I was into horror flicks so naturally I began to wonder what was going on and if there was an intruder who decided he needed music before attacking me.
Then I thought, the killer would have chosen a different station with better music. I wasn't a Country fan. I can listen to it now, but back then no way.
It took me several minutes to gather the courage to approach the sound system to turn it off. I mentioned it to the owners when they got home and they had it programmed so it turned on a certain time.
That's what struck me as soon as I read about your washing machine filling itself - good thing you are not as easily shaken as I was back then.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy 1st Day of Spring and Pines Day!

I wore a pastel decorative scarf with a baby blue top to feel "springish"; still lots of snowbanks here, bumpy side roads and parking lots, puddles every where - but it will come.

Sadly, I realized this morning that we haven't heard the Robins yet. Likely a good thing for them as it's still a bit cold at night, but at this time last year, I heard Robins singing in the morning.

Some good news regarding my husband; he's starting to get stronger and we've been taken over by 5 care team folks who are helping us get him "up and at it".

He's got a very long recovery road ahead, but he's thankful for the support. So far, I've been present for everything; running to and from work between health professionals, etc.

O'Malley was excellent today; we had three different women in at different times and he never hid from them once. He kept his distance, but it's almost like he realizes it's to help "the big cat".

I'm treating myself to an overnight with my brother in mid-April. I think he'll be strong enough by then.

He had a slip yesterday and couldn't get up from his knees, but he was going too fast down the hall and didn't have proper control of his walker. We have a few weeks to perfect that before I leave him on his own. I'd have my dad sit with him, but we're going together.

He's driving #1 son and I a bit crazy with the calls now that he has the portable phone so close at hand. At least we know he's taking it with him so if he happens to fall, he should be at least able to reach it from the seat of the walker or the bedside table; he has three so even if he forgets to set one back on the charger, he will still be able to get help. I'll have a neighbour on speed dial while I'm away. Same neighbour will likely be involved in a fire safety plan until he is strong enough to walk down the stairs which I'm hoping will be sometime in April.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers; today I saw two gentlemen who I thought looked like Santa in the off season and took at as a jolly sign.

Stay merry!-surprise-

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Spring Break MMC! I'm off 8 of the next 11 days. I'm taking Rollins to the vet this morning for his annual checkup. I'm going to meet up with my mom and sister at Applebee's for lunch and get an oil change. But also I'm going to rest some. I slept a full 9 hours last night which felt really good. Have a great day!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Oh gosh, it's been far too long!!! We are over half way through March already & I sure do miss visiting here daily!!!
Work life is crazy. I get home & I could just go to bed!! Exhausting! :p Long story short, we are short one girl in our office - she decides to come in some days, but she is quitting, so it's going to be a ZOOOOOO for awhile!!
My sunroom tree is still up & I'm still enjoying it! :) But I am looking forward to warmer temps & lake time!!! :D
Merry Pines Day!!!!
Thanks for stopping in, Holiday!! Hope work slows down a bit..

Good Spring Break MMC! I'm off 8 of the next 11 days. I'm taking Rollins to the vet this morning for his annual checkup. I'm going to meet up with my mom and sister at Applebee's for lunch and get an oil change. But also I'm going to rest some. I slept a full 9 hours last night which felt really good. Have a great day!
Enjoy your time off!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks!

We doth approach another Milestone on our journey to Christmas.
It's pretty close, too. Nearer than you might think, especially if you have not been closely following the count.
But not to worry. We will catch you up after the presentation of today's numbers.

Days to the Season: 237
Days to Christmas Day: 279

Now for the marker, the 1/4 point to Christmas. It's now a mere FIVE days away, after which we move into quarter number two.
Beyond that - well - who knows? (Actually you can, if you check the count chart.)

Still coolish yesterday, with a bit of light rain and more overnight.
Things should be more pleasant today, with a predicted high near 60 and less precipitation.
We currently perceive 46 degrees here on our back yard thermometer with a light sprinkle falling.

Have a Thrilling Thursday Everyone, as well as the anticipation of Weekend Eve, tomorrow!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Merry Pines Day!!!!
So nice to see you Holiday :) I know all too well how difficult it is when a member of the team is missing at work, it really increases the work load for everyone. Hope the situation gets resolved soon and hope that you are taking care of yourself through all of this.

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Happy 1st Day of Spring and Pines Day!

I wore a pastel decorative scarf with a baby blue top to feel "springish"; still lots of snowbanks here, bumpy side roads and parking lots, puddles every where - but it will come.

Sadly, I realized this morning that we haven't heard the Robins yet. Likely a good thing for them as it's still a bit cold at night, but at this time last year, I heard Robins singing in the morning.

Some good news regarding my husband; he's starting to get stronger and we've been taken over by 5 care team folks who are helping us get him "up and at it".

He's got a very long recovery road ahead, but he's thankful for the support. So far, I've been present for everything; running to and from work between health professionals, etc.

O'Malley was excellent today; we had three different women in at different times and he never hid from them once. He kept his distance, but it's almost like he realizes it's to help "the big cat".

I'm treating myself to an overnight with my brother in mid-April. I think he'll be strong enough by then.

He had a slip yesterday and couldn't get up from his knees, but he was going to fast down the hall and didn't have proper control of his walker. We have a few weeks to perfect that before I leave him on his own. I'd have my dad sit with him, but we're going together.

He's driving #1 son and I a bit crazy with the calls now that he has the portable phone so close at hand. At least we know he's taking it with him so if he happens to fall, he should be at least able to reach it from the seat of the walker or the bedside table; he has three so even if he forgets to set one back on the charger, he will still be able to get help. I'll have a neighbour on speed dial while I'm away. Same neighbour will likely be involved in a fire safety plan until he is strong enough to walk down the stairs which I'm hoping will be sometime in April.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers; today I saw two gentlemen who I thought looked like Santa in the off season and took at as a jolly sign.

Stay merry!-surprise-

You sure do have your hands full! I'm glad your husband is improving!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Eight days off?!? I can't imagine what that's like. I hope you enjoy yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image