Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good Morning/Afternoon MMC friends...Hope everyone is all well today...Its a dull and cloudy day here today...Took the kids bowling this morning and had loadsa fun...Few chores to do in the Garden this afternoon as the forecast tomorrow is for heavy rain...My mom and dad are coming out for afternoon tea to spend some time with the girls...Enjoy your day ahead MMC friends:)

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning Double-Digit Dreamers.

Yes, Folks. We dream of a double-digit Season count and the reality may be closer than you think!
Keep reading.

Today's info:
Days to the Season: 120
Days to Christmas Day: 162

The 100-Day Season Window.
Coming to a Countdown thread near you on August 5.
FEWER than 3 weeks hence!
Be here.

Heat, Heat, Heat!
Humidity, Humidity, Humidity!
That's our story from here as our mid to upper 90's readings continue unabated.
We had a thunderstorm yesterday evening which cooled things off into the 70's, but which will no doubt add to the dampness.
This morning dawns here soggy, at 75 degrees with a predicted high of 96 by this afternoon.

Well, try to stay cool, Folks. And have a Terrific Tuesday!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

I had a great birthday yesterday! Mom cooked a BIG lunch, and made my favorite chocolate layer cake, then we went out to eat that evening with Nancy's side of the family. Elizabeth gave me a golf-chipping practice net, a ball shag (to pick up balls while standing upright), a dozen golf balls, and some smoker wood chips. Nice!

Mary Poppins starts this Thursday!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Happy Belated Brad...sounds like a great day!

View attachment 61681
View attachment 61680
Good morning all and Happy Monday! Back to "normal" life. This weekend was very tiring and busy. We were up every night until 11p or so and then had to get back up every morning around 5. DD competed against some of the most tough competition individually, that she ever has. She had a lot of fun and still managed to bring home a 3rd in her fancy strut. Her team took home first place (YES!!!!), bringing home another International title. Her coach and all the parents were so proud of the girls. The hard work paid off, but they will be back to practicing tomorrow night. DD will be back to her private practice tonight. She's already talking about wanting to go to a camp next summer, which is 4 days. It will be hard to send her away for that many days, when I know she won't be in the care of a family member, but I am considering it, especially if one of the other girls go too. Here's a few pictures from the weekend! Hope you all have a great day!

Aww...congrats to her and the team...she is adorable!
I think camp is so harder on the parents than the kids....they always have a blast! lol

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Tuesday!! Busy work day ahead but that is ok. I need to catch up on laundry tonight and I am hoping to get in a walk. I can't believe we are in the 2nd half of July...how did that happen? Hope you all have a good day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning Double-Digit Dreamers.

Yes, Folks. We dream of a double-digit Season count and the reality may be closer than you think!
Keep reading.

Today's info:
Days to the Season: 120
Days to Christmas Day: 162

The 100-Day Season Window.
Coming to a Countdown thread near you on August 5.
FEWER than 3 weeks hence!
Be here.

Heat, Heat, Heat!
Humidity, Humidity, Humidity!
That's our story from here as our mid to upper 90's readings continue unabated.
We had a thunderstorm yesterday evening which cooled things off into the 70's, but which will no doubt add to the dampness.
This morning dawns here soggy, at 75 degrees with a predicted high of 96 by this afternoon.

Well, try to stay cool, Folks. And have a Terrific Tuesday!
Thanks Crown! Happy Middle Day of July!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Happy Belated Brad...sounds like a great day!

Aww...congrats to her and the team...she is adorable!
I think camp is so harder on the parents than the kids....they always have a blast! lol
Thanks, SfM! :)

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
And Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

Mary Poppins is blowing into a theater near...well...us...in just a couple of days! Please bear with me as I gush for the next few days.

mary-poppins.png

It's weird to see her as a brunette, though LOL.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA

Mary Poppins is blowing into a theater near...well...us...in just a couple of days! Please bear with me as I gush for the next few days.

View attachment 61703

I just love that photo ... so much personality!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Happy Tuesday!! Busy work day ahead but that is ok. I need to catch up on laundry tonight and I am hoping to get in a walk. I can't believe we are in the 2nd half of July...how did that happen? Hope you all have a good day!
It's those darn calendars that use poor quality glue, so the pages keep falling on the floor. The sad thing it is getting worse and worse every year.:cool:

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Encounter with Critters Dept: Not me this time. My brother and his partner were hiking through a nearby canyon in Northern California when they met up with a most unusual quadruped. They have seen wolves, deer, snakes, etc. before, but a cow was a new one. A selfie of the threesome was posted on FB, and they called a local number to get the rogue moo - beast back to her field. A happy ending.:)

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

I had a great birthday yesterday! Mom cooked a BIG lunch, and made my favorite chocolate layer cake, then we went out to eat that evening with Nancy's side of the family. Elizabeth gave me a golf-chipping practice net, a ball shag (to pick up balls while standing upright), a dozen golf balls, and some smoker wood chips. Nice!

Mary Poppins starts this Thursday!

Happy belated Birthday, Brad! I'm glad you had a great day of celebrating with your nearest and dearest!

View attachment 61681
View attachment 61680
Good morning all and Happy Monday! Back to "normal" life. This weekend was very tiring and busy. We were up every night until 11p or so and then had to get back up every morning around 5. DD competed against some of the most tough competition individually, that she ever has. She had a lot of fun and still managed to bring home a 3rd in her fancy strut. Her team took home first place (YES!!!!), bringing home another International title. Her coach and all the parents were so proud of the girls. The hard work paid off, but they will be back to practicing tomorrow night. DD will be back to her private practice tonight. She's already talking about wanting to go to a camp next summer, which is 4 days. It will be hard to send her away for that many days, when I know she won't be in the care of a family member, but I am considering it, especially if one of the other girls go too. Here's a few pictures from the weekend! Hope you all have a great day!

Aw, adorable pictures, sugar! Congratulations to DD and the team!!

Good Morning/Afternoon MMC friends...Hope everyone is all well today...Its a dull and cloudy day here today...Took the kids bowling this morning and had loadsa fun...Few chores to do in the Garden this afternoon as the forecast tomorrow is for heavy rain...My mom and dad are coming out for afternoon tea to spend some time with the girls...Enjoy your day ahead MMC friends:)

Afternoon tea sounds lovely! I hope the rain doesn't do any damage!

GWarren

Seasons Eatings Podcast
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
MMC Partner
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 24, 2017
St. John's, NL
www.seasonseatingspodcast.com
Merry meet everyone! I'm off for a little vacation so I won't be posting for just over a week. I hope everyone will have a great rest of July and I'll catch you at the end of the month.

The FIL is staying with the BIL while we are gone. It will be nice to have a little break from the routine.

Take care.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

View attachment 61703

Good luck to Elizabeth, can’t wait to hear all about it!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Hot Hump Day MMC! Yes, this is right around the time where I start to get tired of the heat and humidity. And it's right on time with a big heat wave coming (feels like we've already been hot enough but it's going to get worse). But still glad it's summer and we have the Bers ahead of us. Have a great Hot Hump Day!

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Hope everyone has a great day and stays cool out there! This heat can hurry up on out of here-it’s terrible! Good news is in a matter of weeks it’ll be gone. Maybe 8 weeks or so but still-won’t last forever! Have a great day and keep like the underside of a pillow!!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
The hot and humids are everywhere...It kicked up a massive downpour for the drive home, last evening. The rain came down so hard that there was a small pond under our Maple tree. Once the storm passed, everything drained quickly. Now it is just mucky.

Happy Hot Hump Day MMC! Yes, this is right around the time where I start to get tired of the heat and humidity. And it's right on time with a big heat wave coming (feels like we've already been hot enough but it's going to get worse). But still glad it's summer and we have the Bers ahead of us. Have a great Hot Hump Day!

yup, it's hot here as well, had a big bug short downpour yesterday afternoon which only made it worse. Today going up to 35c (95f) again and thunderstorms predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image