Not open for further replies.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good Morning ... Got a turkey breast roasting away in the oven as I type this. It will be used to for sandwiches for lunch this week and to make a batch of turkey noodle soup. Had to turn the AC back on as it got hot again but the temps are expected to drop to the 70s on Tuesday. Cant wait, so over this heat. Hope everyone has a great day.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good evening, MMC family! One 12 hour shift stands between me and 2 weeks of vacation! I couldn’t be more excited if I tried! Hope you’ve all had a great day!
Have a great vacation!

Good Merry Morning +d

Visit with my co-worker and her boys was fun and her husband and their two dogs came home half-way through my visit.

Her almost 4 year old son gave me a hug before he even opened his surprises because he was so happy and then offered the card to his mom to read for him before he dove into the gift bag.

He also helped his wee brother (all 6.5 lbs of him) with his baby gifts and when his dad came home, he was quick to show him the teething banana and his play dough set with cutters, rollers and molds that were obviously his favourites.

I stayed up pretty late last night, had an odd feeling about O'Malley. I was happy to hear his morning wake up call at 4:00 a.m. He's been sleeping and/or resting so much these days. He has arthritis so not getting around as much. I can't give him medication and the VET can't examine him without giving him a mild tranquilizer; I can't even brush him - he goes to a groomer for that. He has trouble breathing at times, but then I notice he hardly seems to be having any trouble at all. He woke up several times checking to see if I was still there and simply re-positioned himself and went back to dozing.

He's letting me rub him far more than he ever used to and is resting at my side now, purring away and trying to change the height position of my comfy office chair. Still has that pesky-joker side to him.

I fear I'm going to have to make the hardest decision ever in the near future. If he is suffering, I'm not going to be selfish and keep him alive for my gain. That is not how we treat our loved ones. I don't think O'Malley is in too much pain, or he wouldn't let me rub him the way I do; he'd hiss and try to box with me instead. The excessive purring could be his way of trying to heal sore body parts - not just for contentment. I just had a bad feeling last night.

Thankfully, I ran enough errands yesterday so I don't have to leave home today. He's already back on his bed and I haven't quite finished this post yet.

Might have to get the music box going to give him some pleasure.

Housework, cooking and cat watching - those are my plans today.

I'll still manage to stay jolly +hfor now.
Sending prayers for O’Malley..

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Morning ... Got a turkey breast roasting away in the oven as I type this. It will be used to for sandwiches for lunch this week and to make a batch of turkey noodle soup. Had to turn the AC back on as it got hot again but the temps are expected to drop to the 70s on Tuesday. Cant wait, so over this heat. Hope everyone has a great day.

My husband and I used to enjoy the very same thing at least once a month. Think I'll do that for the Canadian Thanksgiving if not before.

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Good Merry Morning +d

Visit with my co-worker and her boys was fun and her husband and their two dogs came home half-way through my visit.

Her almost 4 year old son gave me a hug before he even opened his surprises because he was so happy and then offered the card to his mom to read for him before he dove into the gift bag.

He also helped his wee brother (all 6.5 lbs of him) with his baby gifts and when his dad came home, he was quick to show him the teething banana and his play dough set with cutters, rollers and molds that were obviously his favourites.

I stayed up pretty late last night, had an odd feeling about O'Malley. I was happy to hear his morning wake up call at 4:00 a.m. He's been sleeping and/or resting so much these days. He has arthritis so not getting around as much. I can't give him medication and the VET can't examine him without giving him a mild tranquilizer; I can't even brush him - he goes to a groomer for that. He has trouble breathing at times, but then I notice he hardly seems to be having any trouble at all. He woke up several times checking to see if I was still there and simply re-positioned himself and went back to dozing.

He's letting me rub him far more than he ever used to and is resting at my side now, purring away and trying to change the height position of my comfy office chair. Still has that pesky-joker side to him.

I fear I'm going to have to make the hardest decision ever in the near future. If he is suffering, I'm not going to be selfish and keep him alive for my gain. That is not how we treat our loved ones. I don't think O'Malley is in too much pain, or he wouldn't let me rub him the way I do; he'd hiss and try to box with me instead. The excessive purring could be his way of trying to heal sore body parts - not just for contentment. I just had a bad feeling last night.

Thankfully, I ran enough errands yesterday so I don't have to leave home today. He's already back on his bed and I haven't quite finished this post yet.

I just love seeing pictures of him! Such a handsome boy! Orange male tabby cats are a favorite of mine. I had one named Lamont for 12 years before I had to make that most difficult of decisions but he was suffering and I couldn't let him suffer. That was 8 years ago. Later that same year I adopted an orange male tabby kitten and we named him Colby. I love all cats (we currently have 5) but there is just something about those beautiful majestic orange males! I pray for O'Malley that he bounces back and gives you many more years of love and happiness!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hello Festive Friends! Sunday Funday!!
-lights-

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good Merry Morning +d

Praying for O'Malley and for you, Auntie. Sending much love and hugs your way. {{{HUGS}}}

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Auntie,

Bless O'Malley and you. Two weeks ago, I had to put down my house dog that I had for 17 years. It was tough...I'll admit....but I so knew it was the right thing to do.

I'm saying a little prayer for your friend....and you.

I'm so sorry for your loss, coach. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Auntie,

Bless O'Malley and you. Two weeks ago, I had to put down my house dog that I had for 17 years. It was tough...I'll admit....but I so knew it was the right thing to do.

I'm saying a little prayer for your friend....and you.

My mom and a family friend had to take my old dog in while I was in College.
My dad couldn't bring himself to do it. Ragmop was nearly 18.
O'Malley will be 15 in January; all 26lbs of him.
It's never an easy decision, but I know he'll let me know when the time comes.

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
My mom and a family friend had to take me old dog in while I was in College.
My dad couldn't bring himself to do it. Ragmop was nearly 18.
O'Malley will be 15 in January; all 26lbs of him.
It's never an easy decision, but I know he'll let me know when the time comes.

Hope O'Malley keeps loving life for a long time!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Well, we made a few stops this weekend and saw some Christmas stocking happening. Apart from the usual early sightings at Wal-Mart, the Real Canadian Superstore also had a couple of sightings. It's certainly a wonderful feeling to spot all this!

Much like Crown, I am saving these for the Blossoms thread, which I'd imagine will be seen in about 10 days. Oh, we are so close!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good Merry Morning +d

Hope O'Malley starts feeling like himself again soon. It's hard to see a furbaby not feel good or act like themselves since we don't know exactly whats going with them.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hey friends! I’m pretty tired tonight, but wanted to stop by and say hello. I’ll be back in the am for coffee. See you then - hope it’s been a great day!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning! 100 days has hit in the UK and I can’t believe it. Looking forward to you all waking later so the conversation can begin - yay!
-lights-

An exciting time in our merry hearts awaits us in a mere 100 days.
Here's Crystal Gayle with the Muppets singing We Must Believe in Magic; she doesn't mention Santa's magical ways, but that's how I hear it.

Have a marvelous Monday -santa- Christmas is coming!

Solice

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian
Good morning!

Stormy weather here today, rain and 44F
Not feeling so good, so I try to keep warm inside
Fireplace is lit, and lots of candle light, cozy...

Have a wonderful day where you are!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Second Half of September MMC! Another week begins. But this is the last week of summer. That's a good thing isn't it? Officially Autumn begins next Monday! We made plans for apple picking in a couple of weeks and our Halloween Trail visit the last weekend of October. It's feeling real now with those types of things being discussed. Have a great start to the Second Half of September!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image