Halloween 2021 Countdown!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
Morning Halloween Fans! How long is it acceptable to keep your Halloween candy? I'm just wondering. I still have some. I don't feel bad about it till it tastes really stale. Have a great day!
Probably ok for a stretch longer I'd guess. I'm just finishing up my Kit Kat Witch's Brew and those are fine. Usually when it turns white you should probably toss it. I noticed our local closeout store still had a bunch of it left. I'm also still working on my ELF Cereal and a bag of pumpkin coffee.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Well it's the final week of this month of February. You know the excitement we feel during the final week of October heading into Halloween? Well it's similar in a different way for February. Like ok I don't rush time but I'm ok with February leaving us after 1 more week. Have a great day!

Reactions: LadyLynn and cgmcav

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 251
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 221
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 67

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 31
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 35

Good Morning Halloween Fans! Today we start the final week of the month. That's just amazing! Spring is well within our sights now, a mere 26 days away. Something else to keep your eye on is when Daylight Savings Time ends, on March 14th, which is just 20 days away. And something, to really, REALLY, keep your eye on, is TOMORROW - When we will reach the 250 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN milestone.

I have long held a fascination and awe of the 250 day milestone towards any of our counts. Why? I feel like the 250 Day milestone is the last "serious" milestone, in meaning that at 250 days away, you are still far enough away that pining away the days and hours will still take some work. But, when you hit the 200 Day milestone, I've long felt like time is almost moving along effortlessly. Think about how different the counts "feel" when you are counting down. 364 - 350 days goes slowly. 350 gets our spirits boosted a little, gets us ready for the long haul. 349 - 300 still is a slog.

But you can feel another JOLT when you get to 299. 299 - 250 is still hard but all of a sudden time seems that its moving a little easier. And then, when 250 finally arrives, wow, you breathe a little easier. The days almost fall off at that point. I can't ever remembering feeling "stuck" at any point when i'm below 250 days. And the 100's are just a different story. They just breeze by.

Well, that's it for me today. I hope everyone has a great Monday!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 251
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 221
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 67

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 31
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 35

Good Morning Halloween Fans! Today we start the final week of the month. That's just amazing! Spring is well within our sights now, a mere 26 days away. Something else to keep your eye on is when Daylight Savings Time ends, on March 14th, which is just 20 days away. And something, to really, REALLY, keep your eye on, is TOMORROW - When we will reach the 250 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN milestone.

I have long held a fascination and awe of the 250 day milestone towards any of our counts. Why? I feel like the 250 Day milestone is the last "serious" milestone, in meaning that at 250 days away, you are still far enough away that pining away the days and hours will still take some work. But, when you hit the 200 Day milestone, I've long felt like time is almost moving along effortlessly. Think about how different the counts "feel" when you are counting down. 364 - 350 days goes slowly. 350 gets our spirits boosted a little, gets us ready for the long haul. 349 - 300 still is a slog.

But you can feel another JOLT when you get to 299. 299 - 250 is still hard but all of a sudden time seems that its moving a little easier. And then, when 250 finally arrives, wow, you breathe a little easier. The days almost fall off at that point. I can't ever remembering feeling "stuck" at any point when i'm below 250 days. And the 100's are just a different story. They just breeze by.

Well, that's it for me today. I hope everyone has a great Monday!
Perfect description!

Reactions: Edge612

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
I don't follow NFL too aggressively, but enjoy having them on in the background. I always find a great sign is when it shows up as pre-season games. According to the schedule that's only 172 days away!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! I was thinking yesterday about my Halloween Trail and wondering if we'll see it this year. I really hope so. I missed it last year. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 250
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 220
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 66

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY TUESDAY! MILESTONE DAY!

That's right! Today, we have reached the long-awaited 250 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN. I mentioned yesterday that I feel that there is a distinct change in how the countdown "feels" from this point today, to the 200 Day Milestone window. I think the pending arrival of Spring, and nicer weather will help us greatly through this next part of the journey! Have a great Day!

250 Days to Halloween.jpg

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Morning Halloween Fans! I was thinking yesterday about my Halloween Trail and wondering if we'll see it this year. I really hope so. I missed it last year. Have a great day!
Every year Michelle and I go to several Fall Festivals. I've already started scheduling our trips as every one of them will happen this year according to their websites. 80% of them did not last year. So I have tremendous hope for Halloween this year and I hope your haunted trail follows suit.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
HAPPY 250 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN!

In my opinion it's the perfect time to celebrate with the Seasonal Candy of the Week!

Today's candy is a perennial favorite of mine, and if you've never tried them then you owe it to yourself to go out today and pick up a bag (or several) of Starburst Jellybeans!

1614087895895.png
Here's a fact about me: I typically hate jelly beans. Can't stand 'em. When my wife begged me to try these I was less than enthusiastic. It was indeed a surprise when I found that I'd gobbled down a whole fun size bag.

You have the taste of Starburst chewy candies in a chewy jellybean. That's basically it. It's simple really, but the execution is more delicious than it has any right to be. These have been a staple in our Easter baskets for the girls for several years now, and they're still the only jellybeans that I'll eat.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, fellow spooks! Keep that 250 at the front of your mind today!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Morning Halloween Fans! How long is it acceptable to keep your Halloween candy? I'm just wondering. I still have some. I don't feel bad about it till it tastes really stale. Have a great day!
With 2 teenagers in the house it does not last long. If you have left over candy and it's starting to go a bit stale chop it up and make a batch of cookie dough and mix it into the cookie dough. Either drop the dough by spoonful onto a cookie sheet and make cookies or spread out all the dough into a 13x9 pan and make cookie/candy bars.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! I hope you all enjoyed that 250 Day Marker to Halloween. What a great sight to see. Time to celebrate with a little spooky show. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 249
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 219
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 65

Good Morning! Under 250 days to Halloween now and trucking towards the next milestone. It's coming sooner that we would realize, and that is the 200 Days to October, and it is scheduled to arrive on Monday, March 15th, just one day after we set our clocks forward! We will see the first day of Spring that Saturday of the same week. I think that's pretty cool, to have those things all in order like that.

To say I am ready for nicer weather is an understatement. Every year, the rituals that I go through of preparing the yards for mowing, always involves a little bit of raking, I always find some old "stale" leaves, and just the act of raking them puts me in The Feels just a little bit. And when they hit me, I do an instant calculation in my head of how long it will be until I am raking leaves "for real". Generally around 6 months!

Hoping everyone has a great Wednesday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Yesterday had a little bit of a Halloween feel to it with the weather. It was more of a chilly day instead of cold but felt warm because it's been so cold for so long. Make any sense? Have a great day!

Reactions: Rich and cgmcav

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 248
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 218
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 64

Good Morning! I feel like we are down at the 2 yard line now, getting ready to punch it in. That's what this weekend will be like, finally saying goodbye to winter and those long months after Christmas and our other holidays are over. I honestly think for me it has been a long time since I've looked forward to a Monday.

Even though this weather we have been having is very Spring-like, my brain had some moments yesterday where I flash forwarded to Fall, and thought that yesterday reminded me of one of those first gorgeous cool days, that's such a welcome arrival when we have fought through a horrible hot and humid summer.

Happy Rudolph Day, AND Happy Tom Turkey Day to everyone! Pretty cool that they are both on the same day. I wonder if we have any other 25th's this year that has both Tom Turkey Day on the same day as Rudolph Day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! If we reach the low 50s and have some rain showers this weekend it definitely will feel a little bit like a chilly October Day. Have a great day!

Reactions: LadyLynn and cgmcav

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image