SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 142
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 112

Good Morning Halloween Friends and TGIF! It feels like October out there. It's 65 degrees and it rained last night. Now there is just a light mist and a cool breeze. The only thing different is the lush green grass. The visuals don't quite match up to October, but we are certainly there today in our hearts.

Almost feels like one of those rainy October weekends, where all we can do is stay inside and binge watch Halloween movies.

Keep a Halloween thought in your hearts today! And have a great Friday!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 141
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 111

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's 60 degrees out there and overcast. Just feels amazing. I opened the back door and all at once, it felt like THE BERS out there. We are about half way through this most recent cool spell. I can't believe this is the weather in the middle of June. Maybe when it is all said and done, this summer did end up being like the one from the 1980's that my Dad told me about. But it is making me feel like now, really the only hot and horrible month will be JULY. We know that here, the weather always starts cooling down again in August, towards the end of the month. Armed with this knowledge, I feel like the "slog" through the brutal heat just got easier.

I'm planning another Hobby Lobby run today. It came up in my timehop that on this day in 2019, "My Little Christmas" trees were out! I would like to see some more Fall & Christmas stuff, that's for sure. Have a great day!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 141
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 111

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's 60 degrees out there and overcast. Just feels amazing. I opened the back door and all at once, it felt like THE BERS out there. We are about half way through this most recent cool spell. I can't believe this is the weather in the middle of June. Maybe when it is all said and done, this summer did end up being like the one from the 1980's that my Dad told me about. But it is making me feel like now, really the only hot and horrible month will be JULY. We know that here, the weather always starts cooling down again in August, towards the end of the month. Armed with this knowledge, I feel like the "slog" through the brutal heat just got easier.

I'm planning another Hobby Lobby run today. It came up in my timehop that on this day in 2019, "My Little Christmas" trees were out! I would like to see some more Fall & Christmas stuff, that's for sure. Have a great day!
Also on vacation! Went from blazing hot and humid to 52 degrees tomorrow a.m.! I'll take it.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 140
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 110

Good Morning Halloween Fans! Look at those countdowns today! TOMORROW we will see both counts get into some pretty snazzy digits: 130's for the Days to Halloween Count, and 100's for Days to October 1st. We all know what happens when we break the seal on 100 days, and it is CRAZY that we are now under two weeks from that happening on our October count!

Hobby Lobby has much, much more Fall decorations out. Even more Christmas stuff too. Big wreathes are on the back wall now, and there are planograms laying everywhere on the empty isles. I'd say as much as a quarter of the isles in the store are "empty" now and being stocked with Fall and Christmas stuff. Still no "my little Christmas" trees yet, but I have a feeling they will be out in the next week or so. Certainly before July.

Have a great Sunday, I can't wait to be back on here in the morning for the final "special post" before we hit the Summer Solstice!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Very snazzy counts, indeed! Soon the days to October 1st will hit double digits- hard to believe!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 139
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 109
DAYS TO SUMMER SOLSTICE: 6

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 15
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 19

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Lots going on with the countdowns this morning! Not gonna lie, I got the feels for just a minute seeing "15" In front of Weeks to October. Somehow seeing a 16 last week didn't get me there, but now seeing a 15 got me excited. And of course that means the "Days to Halloween" count is not far off. And last but not least, take a look at the newest addition to our counts. "Days to Summer Solstice". I thought it would be fun to count down this last little stretch together. I thought to do it yesterday, but felt it best to include it starting with the weekly count.

it's there now, guys. And the reality is, that this exact time next Monday, we will be waking up and posting / realizing that the days are really starting to get shorter. Our beloved Fall / Bers are really on their way. We've been counting the days back since this countdown started, and "Officially" we started down the road to The Bers with Memorial Day weekend, but this is like seeing a familiar landmark on a frequently traveled trip. Just another reminder that we are getting CLOSE. As our friend @Edge612 would say, there's still plenty of time to enjoy the ride back.

And now, "special post" time. I've talked at length in the past about just how special it is to me when we pass the Solstice and the days really do get shorter. Last night, there was a gorgeous Orange / Red Sunset that was just out of view for me, I only could see a tiny piece of the side, because the pretty part was in the woods behind our house. It was almost like a little "Sneak preview" of the stuff coming up. The days only change in length just seconds, half a minute each day, this month, but they pick up incredible momentum as time goes forward . July starts us off with losing about a minute each day, and by the end of the month, the sun is setting by 8:24 PM. Those early sunsets, and shrinking days, are really comforting to me. It's the reminder daily that I need to get done any remaining outdoor projects that I've picked for the year, while we still have good daylight.

How about you guys, once we pass the Solstice, is it a "wake up call" of sorts at all for you? Or are you just contently watching the time pass like me? Let us know today! Thanks for reading the long post, have a great day!

Last edited:

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Lots going on with the countdowns this morning! Not gonna lie, I got the feels for just a minute seeing "15" In front of Weeks to October. Somehow seeing a 16 last week didn't get me there, but now seeing a 15 got me excited. And of course that means the "Days to Halloween" count is not far off. And last but not least, take a look at the newest addition to our counts. "Days to Summer Solstice". I thought it would be fun to count down this last little stretch together. I thought to do it yesterday, but felt it best to include it starting with the weekly count.

it's there now, guys. And the reality is, that this exact time next Monday, we will be waking up and posting / realizing that the days are really starting to get shorter. Our beloved Fall / Bers are really on their way. We've been counting the days back since this countdown started, and "Officially" we started down the road to The Bers with Memorial Day weekend, but this is like seeing a familiar landmark on a frequently traveled trip. Just another reminder that we are getting CLOSE. As our friend @Edge612 would say, there's still plenty of time to enjoy the ride back.

And now, "special post" time. I've talked at length in the past about just how special it is to me when we pass the Solstice and the days really do get shorter. Last night, there was a gorgeous Orange / Red Sunset that was just out of view for me, I only could see a tiny piece of the side, because the pretty part was in the woods behind our house. It was almost like a little "Sneak preview" of the stuff coming up. The days only change in length just seconds, half a minute each day, this month, but they pick up incredible momentum as time goes forward . July starts us off with losing about a minute each day, and by the end of the month, the sun is setting by 8:24 PM. Those early sunsets, and shrinking days, are really comforting to me. It's the reminder daily that I need to get done any remaining outdoor projects that I've picked for the year, while we still have good daylight.

How about you guys, once we pass the Solstice, is it a "wake up call" of sorts at all for you? Or are you just contently watching the time pass like me? Let us know today! Thanks for reading the long post, have a great day!
So much to be excited about!

In just 9 days we'll reach 100 days until October 1st, and then...double digits!!!

And the Solstice. Oh how I love the Solstice. Knowing that the days are slowly but surely getting shorter goes a long way for helping me trudge through the summer. We've been back "on the road" to the Bers for a little while now, but the Solstice just makes it real. I do start comparing the timing of the sunsets weekly to see how much things are changing up until we get to Labor Day and the Bers.

Overall, this is an exciting time. Let's roll!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Passing by the Solstice is a wake up call for me. When the days start getting shorter and my list of summer projects hasn't, I feel like I've wasted away the time. I better get busy getting busy. ;)

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
For me, the Solstice is kind of anti-climactic in a way. I know I have said this before but to me June, July and August are summer so the real start of summer is an after-thought of what we already been doing that for almost a month now. And our crazy hot weather makes it even more so.

Last edited:

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 138
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 108
DAYS TO SUMMER SOLSTICE: 5

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's another cool morning outside. 62 degrees right now. Today is only supposed to be 75, I was not expecting it. It looks like the next 3 days are going to be mid 70's. But we have a REAL treat, and that is Thursday, when the overnight low gets to 48 degrees! I honestly don't know if I've ever experienced a 40-something evening in June, that may be a record, or at least close to one!

And today is the mid-way point of June, so I feel more confident than ever, that with the exception of July, which I am sure will be hot and humid, here, it will feel like a short summer, Charlie Brown.

I may do a little something special and fall-related just to "ring in" the Solstice on Sunday. My little mini-Halloween tree night light has shipped from LTD! Maybe I can just turn it on Saturday night just for fun. Its' big cousin won't show up until about a month and a half later. Keep Halloween thoughts in your head today, I know I will constantly be reminded of everything BERS with this weather. Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Before COVID a town in my area used to host a Wine Walk on/near the Summer Solstice, it usually had some live music and all the stores offered sales/giveaways. It was a nice time but it has not returned for this year. I think it is nice that the days will start getting shorter but feel like the Solstice is a fun part of Summer!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 137
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 107
DAYS TO SUMMER SOLSTICE: 4

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Another GORGEOUS day here weather wise. I woke up this morning and it was only 59 degrees outside. Still excited for Thursday night when it gets to only 48 degrees overnight!

All day long yesterday it felt like September. It could have been the 2nd or 3rd week. The only thing missing was coming home from work and watching NFL Football. The whole day felt amazing. At around 12:00 PM, when I went outside for my daily run, I FELT the Bers and I missed them terribly in that moment. I'm so glad it is coming. Just 4 days away now from the Solstice. These memes are burning a hole in my pocket!

I know it's over a month away, but I want to set down soon and pick my next two Halloween movies for the next JOL Day. I keep telling myself that I'm just going to plan a whole year in advance so I'm never left wondering each time, but life just happens. Maybe that's what I do in the days immediately after Halloween 2021. Dark Arts Sundays are easy, I just start Harry Potter from the beginning, and go through to the end.

I hope all has a great day! I hope you are having Fall weather where you are at!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image