Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 165
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 141
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 80

Happy June Teens! It's Sunday folks and time to get those waffle makers moving if you so choose on this 2nd half of the weekend. I am typing to you from a brand new computer & desk. It is definitely a cool feeling. Nice monitor and I can clearly see on this brand new monitor the following countdowns: 165 days till Thanksgiving, 141 days till November, and 80 days till The Bers. Our next milestone is the much talked about one that falls in 1 week's time and that would be the Arrival of Summer which we all appreciate for different reasons. But yeah we have had our fair share of summer weather already, however, this weekend has cooled off considerably. Not quite as cool or should I say chilly as it is though around latter November when Thanksgiving rolls around of course. But it is a small sign/feeling of what's to come later on this year which is what we're all excited for the most. Have a great June Teens!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Midway of the month happening in just a few days! And our last full week before the Summer Solstice! We had cool weather too over the past week, but by yesterday afternoon it was getting muggy and hot again. It really does make you appreciate what is coming! Getting through the hot and humid period will be rewarding! I always feel like the arrival of Autumn is that "reward" for a long, and hot summer. This summer is going to be hot, but it may not feel long because of how long it stayed cold in my area!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Can't believe we are almost 1/2 through June....unbelievable. Summer might not be here on the calendar, but we are supposed to hit 95 today....heat index of 101...

It's going to be hot, but not so hot you can't outside in the shade with a fan and watch a ballgame or two...

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois

Happy June Teens! It's Sunday folks and time to get those waffle makers moving if you so choose on this 2nd half of the weekend. I am typing to you from a brand new computer & desk. It is definitely a cool feeling. Nice monitor and I can clearly see on this brand new monitor the following countdowns: 165 days till Thanksgiving, 141 days till November, and 80 days till The Bers. Our next milestone is the much talked about one that falls in 1 week's time and that would be the Arrival of Summer which we all appreciate for different reasons. But yeah we have had our fair share of summer weather already, however, this weekend has cooled off considerably. Not quite as cool or should I say chilly as it is though around latter November when Thanksgiving rolls around of course. But it is a small sign/feeling of what's to come later on this year which is what we're all excited for the most. Have a great June Teens!​

Happy Belated Birthday! and congrats on the new computer and desk, the counts look good any way we look at them, but I am sure they look even better on a brand new monitor! I hope it makes posting more fun. I need to organize my own desk area and make it all a bit more efficient, I tend to let clutter accumulate.

Last edited:

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Congrats on the new computer and desk!
That will make the countdowns more fun this summer. :D

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Can't believe we are almost 1/2 through June....unbelievable. Summer might not be here on the calendar, but we are supposed to hit 95 today....heat index of 101...

It's going to be hot, but not so hot you can't outside in the shade with a fan and watch a ballgame or two...
The good kind of hot.

Reactions: LadyLynn

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 164
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 140
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 79

Happy Vacation Week! Well it is a vacation week for me. I know some of you will be taking one soon this summer. The kids here will be having one soon (a much longer one) as the schools will be closing down in the next week or 2. It's summer basically folks! But not officially. We have 164 days till Thanksgiving, 140 days till November, and 79 days till The Bers. Our next milestone is on Sunday which is a long way off when you're on a Monday isn't it? Well it's in 6 days when we will reach the official arrival of summer which is the 3rd season since Autumn and the final one until we return to it. Pretty amazing isn't it? I'm not ready for Autumn. I need to sweat a bit. I know some of you have been sweating enough already. Here we did have a hot stretch in early June but it has cooled off and clouded up since. I'd like to see the sun back out there more. I'm sure it will return this week. Before I forget our weekly countdown to Thanksgiving now stands at 23 weeks. Woohoo! Have a great Vacation Week!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Good to see you mention the Solstice. You know I'm ready. Still plenty of time to enjoy the ride back, but the ride back sure is going to be amazing!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
97 hot, 99 hotter...truth!
And today, today, we will be 104. By the end of the week we will have had more over 100 degree days than we normally have in the whole summer. It is pretty crispy here. I am thankful for air conditioning and air conditioning that works well. And for all of you East of Utah, the hotness is probably coming your way.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
And today, today, we will be 104. By the end of the week we will have had more over 100 degree days than we normally have in the whole summer. It is pretty crispy here. I am thankful for air conditioning and air conditioning that works well. And for all of you East of Utah, the hotness is probably coming your way.
Yaaaaaaaaaaay...

I don't know whether to take my chances with the heat, or with:

C05296EF-3861-4AF9-991A-4C614A4B5583.jpeg

Could I just say "no" to both?

Reactions: cgmcav and Edge612

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Yaaaaaaaaaaay...

I don't know whether to take my chances with the heat, or with:

View attachment 82981

Could I just say "no" to both?
Please say no to both but I think I would rather have the heat than the tropical storms and as the weather person keeps saying "at least it is a dry heat"--I don't think there is such a thing as a "dry hurricane."

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 163
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 139
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 78

Happy Mid-June! Wow we are into the middle of this month already. How did that happen? Well kind of like how these 3 countdowns got to be like the following: 163 days till Thanksgiving, 139 days till November, and 78 days till The Bers. Our next milestone heads to us on Sunday with the Arrival of Summer. That will be incredible. All summer long I think about The Bers and Autumn. Ahh yeah it's going to be another big one for sure. We've had a lot of big milestones here and yet we have so many big ones to come for this thread fortunately. Looks like it should be a nicer day here today than it was yesterday. We had a decent amount of rain on Monday. I do not want a rainy Thanksgiving that is for sure. Nor do I want a snowy one. We've had a poll about this weather stuff before I believe. I like nice and sunny Thanksgivings that are mild/cool but not too warm or too cold. I hope you all are enjoying your Tuesday. It's here so you might as well. Have a great Mid-June!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Sunday is going to be a big day for sure! Father's Day, and the Summer Solstice! It will be hard to keep Thanksgiving thoughts at bay after Sunday goes down in the books!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image