MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
My buddy blew in last night and asked me to carve him a prop for his airplane, even though I have shown him a dozen times and hand walked him through 4 complete carvings. He had to buy a block of balsa off me from my stash, no charity with these blocks...lol. He is going to try and beat the endurance record for a rubber powered plane. I couldnt even get close when I tried a few years ago, its due to the circumstances the record was set in the 30's. But you never know... here is a pick of a 60.00 block of wood turned into a rough prop. The final shape is up to him.
20170921_140520.jpg

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
My buddy blew in last night and asked me to carve him a prop for his airplane, even though I have shown him a dozen times and hand walked him through 4 complete carvings. He had to buy a block of balsa off me from my stash, no charity with these blocks...lol. He is going to try and beat the endurance record for a rubber powered plane. I couldnt even get close when I tried a few years ago, its due to the circumstances the record was set in the 30's. But you never know... here is a pick of a 60.00 block of wood turned into a rough prop. The final shape is up to him.
View attachment 39183
Wow! Good luck to him!

JessicaParrish

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Sep 21, 2017
United States
christmastreesource.com
That sled sounds great! I just bought a vintage ceramic Christmas tree off of ebay. The ones that you plug in..I have wanted one for a while but could not find one at my price point but I was lucky to win it. Have a good day Martine.

Have a great day, CG!!

Oh my gosh...I am so sorry to hear this. Will certainly keep them in my prayers.

Ceramic Christmas Trees are the best! Do you mind posting a picture of your tree? I would love to see it.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
YAY! Quitting time! Tomorrow's Friday!! Everyone, have a great evening!!!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Ceramic Christmas Trees are the best! Do you mind posting a picture of your tree? I would love to see it.
Gosh, I made (rather, finished) one of those in a ceramics class when I was 15. My grandparents used it for years. I don't know what became of it after my grandparents passed away. I ordered one similar to it from the Vermont Country Store a few years ago for my aunt.

mgramsey

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Nov 19, 2007
Stecoah, NC
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

I finally replaced the ailing pool pump & motor, and it's purring like Lulu getting her tummy scratched. I think the neighbors are putting away their pitchforks and torches now LOL!

I have another big limb down, this time on my roof. I guess I have to stand on the roof while running a chainsaw. That sounds like one of those "Hold my beer and watch this" moments.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Chainsaw on the roof doesn't sound good. Hope it isn't steep. Be careful out there.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning HMG! Seems like you just opened your pool for the season! Middle of next week we are supposed to have a cool down. Hope you get to use the pool before you close it up. Dinner sounds great again! Have a wonderful day!

I feel like we just opened the pool! We had a very late start this summer because we had to wait for the new liner to be installed. Oh well, we'll be sure to open it early next year. I'm so excited that Autumn begins tomorrow! Hope you have a nice night Holiday!
xx

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

I finally replaced the ailing pool pump & motor, and it's purring like Lulu getting her tummy scratched. I think the neighbors are putting away their pitchforks and torches now LOL!

I have another big limb down, this time on my roof. I guess I have to stand on the roof while running a chainsaw. That sounds like one of those "Hold my beer and watch this" moments.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Yikes!! Be careful!!!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good evening everyone. Wow, things have been busy! I am hoping to make more time to stop in and say hi. I hope everyone is doing well.
The weather took a strange turn and after being nice and cool for a while, it is been near 90 the last couple of days and will continue into the weekend. Then next week, back to the upper 60s.

We put up the Halloween decorations last weekend.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Today we expect a mixture of sun and clouds with a high of 78. How's everyone's week been so far? Well we've got 1 more to go to get to the weekend. Should be a good weekend I hope. I am going to the mall Saturday and might go hiking Sunday. Other than that trying to relax and enjoy. Happy Autumn and TGIF! Doesn't feel like Autumn as it's going to be very warm this weekend into next week as well. Have a great 1st day of Autumn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image