Christmas Countdown - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Saturday! Not too much planned today..my daughter’s friend tore her ACL so we are going to bring her over a care package. Tonight we are going to my MIL’s for pizza for dinner for her birthday. Hope you all have a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina

Top 'O the Morning, Second Thirders.
(And a HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY, too!)

Yes, indeedy. We are moving along through the second third of our season count, while approaching the end of our first quarter Christmas Day count.

Today's numbers release:
Days to the Season: 241
Days to Christmas Day: 283

SINGLE DIGITS, Folks.
Yep.
Just 9 days away from the end of the first quarter of our trip back to Christmas Day.
And that's marker number five.
(We are progressing along at a brisk pace!)

Had a pretty nice day here yesterday, with moderate temps, greatly reduced wind and no precipitation.
Today should be good as well, before a chance of rain returns for tonight and into tomorrow.
Our weekend has begun here in central North Carolina at a chilly 39 degrees.

Have a Sensational St. Patrick's Day Saturday, Everyone!

Crown 84

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Morning MMC. Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday #2 to Rollins! Hope you are all doing well this weekend. A sunny morning here but brisk and cold. Feels like November out there kind of. Reminds me of the holiday season. Just going to get Rollins a few toys for his birthday and cake along with some other normal errands I have. I hope you all enjoy your start to the weekend!
Well, wish Rollins a happy birthday and remind him that he has the "edge".

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Top 'O the Morning, Second Thirders.
(And a HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY, too!)

Yes, indeedy. We are moving along through the second third of our season count, while approaching the end of our first quarter Christmas Day count.

Today's numbers release:
Days to the Season: 241
Days to Christmas Day: 283

SINGLE DIGITS, Folks.
Yep.
Just 9 days away from the end of the first quarter of our trip back to Christmas Day.
And that's marker number five.
(We are progressing along at a brisk pace!)

Had a pretty nice day here yesterday, with moderate temps, greatly reduced wind and no precipitation.
Today should be good as well, before a chance of rain returns for tonight and into tomorrow.
Our weekend has begun here in central North Carolina at a chilly 39 degrees.

Have a Sensational St. Patrick's Day Saturday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Morning MMC. Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday #2 to Rollins! Hope you are all doing well this weekend. A sunny morning here but brisk and cold. Feels like November out there kind of. Reminds me of the holiday season. Just going to get Rollins a few toys for his birthday and cake along with some other normal errands I have. I hope you all enjoy your start to the weekend!

I hope Rollins enjoys his special day :)

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Sunday morning! And what a cold one it is, with the thermometer reading -22°C/-7°F currently. And we have to go out grocery shopping too, how not fun. But right now the three of us are curled up under a blanket on the couch and will likely get back to it after all the shopping is done. Enjoy your day everyone!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC. It's a cold morning out there but the sun is shining. It's supposed to be a cooler than average week coming up as spring arrives but hopefully we'll dodge a couple of storms coming. Rollins enjoyed his birthday cake. Today seems to be a laid back day which is nice for a Sunday. Hard to think that next weekend will be Rudolph Day #3 and 1/4 of the way to Christmas again. Have a good Sunday!

Crown 84

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Season Superstars.

Enjoying your weekend? I hope so.
And it's just about to get better.

Just look at the numbers, and then at the rapid approach of 2018 Milestone marker number five.
Days to the Season: 240
Days to Christmas Day: 282

The completion of the first quarter of our voyage to Christmas will occur in EIGHT days. ONE WEEK from tomorrow.
(The year is flashing by faster than Santa's sleigh!)

Quite a decent day here yesterday, as we continued dry and sunny with above normal temperatures for this time of the year.
We had rain and a little thunder overnight and today is predicted to be wet as well.
It has started off a bit overcast, at 43 degrees, but we are getting no rain at the moment.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend as you have a Super Sunday, Folks!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Season Superstars.

Enjoying your weekend? I hope so.
And it's just about to get better.

Just look at the numbers, and then at the rapid approach of 2018 Milestone marker number five.
Days to the Season: 240
Days to Christmas Day: 282

The completion of the first quarter of our voyage to Christmas will occur in EIGHT days. ONE WEEK from tomorrow.
(The year is flashing by faster than Santa's sleigh!)

Quite a decent day here yesterday, as we continued dry and sunny with above normal temperatures for this time of the year.
We had rain and a little thunder overnight and today is predicted to be wet as well. It has started off a bit overcast, at 43 degrees, but we are getting no rain at the moment.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend as you have a Super Sunday, Folks!
Thanks Crown! Big milestones behind us and in front of us!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Good morning. I hope there are not too many out there with headaches this morning; the post St. Patrick’s Day hangover!!!

Coffee is the first order of the day, man, I don’t even drink and I still woke up with a headache this morning; maybe it’s the after effects of the Chinese food we ate last night or the barometric pressure is changing or something.

The landlord to this apartment we are currently renting from, had an open (house or apartment) whatever you would call it, here yesterday, so we spent the morning making the place all spic-n-spam, then sat thru 3 hours of showings with strangers going thru your place. I can tell you honestly, that is a very awkward feeling, to let people that you don’t Even have a clue to who they are, go thru your place. You want to trust, but yet, with today’s world, you just never know if someone is casing your place or not. I know, it’s kind of a synical thought, but it’s just the truth. I mean my goodness, just the other week, it was on the news that someone broke into a church at night, in Bridgeport ct and robbed them of everything of value. Sad, just truly sad!!!

Today, we are going to go to church this morning, breakfast, then do new home stuff (paperwork) and just get ready for the coming work week.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Hello and Happy Sunday!
It is been a little while since I have stopped in. Just a busy time at the moment. Well, Spring is nearly here, BUT, here in Ohio they are calling for SNOW on the first day of Spring! And yes, I an excited! It is a strange system and still a lot to be determined, but could be a couple of inches. It could also move a little southeast and be nothing at all. Some of the weather models have us getting 8 inches of snow, but that seems unlikely.

In non weather related news... I went to the school play on Friday, the kids were great. The play was about a zombie apocalypse at the school. Very funny. Then, on Saturday we went to the school musical in the town we will and my wife works. They did Footloose. It was good, but whoever was running the sound struggled with making sure the singers were louder than the band. But other than that it was good.

I have a lot of school work to do this weekend, and I keep finding other things to do instead. lol Grading 60+ papers on the New Deal just does not seem appealing at the moment. The in-laws are stopping by today for lunch so that will add an extra reason not to grade papers.

Well, I suppose I should get something done today. Have a great one everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image