Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
Not the menu but cannot stop thinking about the big day! Time with the family, the parade, the Cowboys game, games with the family and lots of Christmas shows and movies in the evening!

The next day, Black Friday, tons of Christmas activities going on including going to watch Santa Claus ice skate at the annual Christmas show at the mall!

Reactions: 15 people

lauriebear

Christmas Royalty
MMC Member
Oct 11, 2010
New York
Oh yes, oh yes.... Besides Christmas and my Birthday I cannot think of another day I love so much!!!

There is Turkey (for me I have to have it)
Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Turnip
Fresh Cranberry sauce
Brussel Sprouts
Cauliflower
Green bean casserole
Stuffing
Stuffed mushrooms
and let's not forget the pies... Apple, custard, pumpkin, homemade whipped cream.
Oh 100 day to go and counting......

Reactions: 14 people

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
No, it is a tad early to think about the Thanksgiving Day menu. That's the cat's job. All we do is say, "Turkey, turkey, turkey.", and his ears come to attention, he runs into the kitchen, and starts mewing instructions at us.

Reactions: 9 people

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
I do not have Thanksgiving at my house. We go to both my in laws for an early dinner.. actually more like a late lunch.. around 2 or so..then over to my parents around 4:30.. yum yum! I usually take double batches of greenbean casserole to each house.. so excited!

:carve:

Reactions: 7 people

GingerMel

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 1, 2006
Clinton, CT
I have started thinking about it (mainly thanks to hearing about some of the recipes on here) but I haven't started actually planning yet. I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to be here or out of town with family.

Reactions: 4 people

gabulldawg

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 29, 2010
Hill AFB,Ogden Utah
This will be my first thanksgiving with my new future in laws. I am looking forward to it,but also looking forward to just driving 3 hours on backroads rather than spending the night before in Ohare like last year trying to get to my folks on the west coast! I can't wait! and it will be here soon!

B

ballcoach

I get so excited this time of year....it just makes me so excited when school starts because time will fly by super fast to Halloween! Once we get there, let the games begin!

Chef Matt

<a href="http://sayerfoods.com"><b>MMC Recipe Mast
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 12, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
During the Labor Day Weekend I start re-seasoning my cast iron skillet and going over my Thanksgiving essentials. This year I'm adding pumpkin crisp and mushroom soup to my Thanksgiving menu.

Sounds delicious! The pumpkin crisp is a new one. Do you have a recipe?

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
We always follow our usual traditions on Thanksgiving, but I look forward to that ... in the afternoon we fix a feast for just the two of us, and listen to a particular OTR broadcast with a Thanksgiving sketch in it. In the morning I watch the Macy's parade, but Mr. isn't interested in that. In the evening there are a couple of Christmas films we often run to officially start the season. (Of course, I've already personally started the season long before!)

Reactions: 1 person

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image