Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Hi all,

It's that time of year -- signups are now open for the 2009 Christmas Ornament Exchange.

Unlike the Christmas Card Exchange, this is a more personal and intimate event.

Once signups close you are randomly matched with an exchange partner. You and that partner will then swap ornaments in time for decorating the tree for the Christmas season.

Who will you get? Will it be someone you know? Will you get something from an exotic place or something homemade? Will your ornament add to your "theme" of Christmas decorating...or will it start a whole new trend for Christmas in your home?

The Annual Ornament Exchange is a fun, exciting event that rewards year after year!

I will update this post periodically to show those participating in this year's exchange. Please check back here often or use this thread to ask questions.

thanks,
Jeff

Update 10/25/09 -- Below is a list of our participants so far and who trading partners are. Please contact your trading partner via PM here on the board to exchange information. If you do not hear back from your partner by 11/4/09, please contact me and I will re-assign you. We still have a few days left until our deadline and if you signed up and your name is NOT on here, don't panic -- I will have you paired within the next few days. Here are our trading partners this year:

lmm8606 & mom24hr7dz
ballcoach & Rodmonster
usafvet & Maebeary
Santa's Helper & belljoy
Meceka & BrittanyMarie
mumof2 & ravenhardt
Joyful & Boogedy
Christmasstar & Merry Noel
Jeff Westover & HoosierChristmas
Minta & HeadElf
Annette1990 & HollyJells
NettyB & jenalin
kerst & pkcrafty
hilarios & Dukincin1
Christmaschick & ginette
Trinityjae & thesnowmouse
Faithmom6 & miller4plusmore
sugarplumfairy & Smokyturtle
Sigga Maja & Harpadis
Katet & Emmy
gustyd & mommytotwo

Last edited:

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
I tried to sign up and got this message...

Christmasstar, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
so I do not know if you got my info or not :-?

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
Christmasstar, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
so I do not know if you got my info or not :-?
I got that message on one of the sign ups too! I don't know if it was for the card exchange or the ornament exchange. I just figured that I got signed up but, the message popped up in error. I hope I'm on the list!

HollyJells

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 7, 2006
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Last years....

Last year I never recieved anything from my exchange partner. not sure if she fell off the face of the earth or maybe forgot. i do know that I was late getting mine out because to be honest I had it all labeled and everything BUT Mr. HollyJells put it under the tree thinking it was a package. But I know it got to where it was supposed to go. THANKS JEFF and admins PLUS all the MMC eople for making this time of year great. I always look forward to getting my cards and ornament. Oh is it bad for people to drop hints? Cuz if so I am gunna get in trouble over my next line- I like bears, Rudolph, and angels.

kerst

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 11, 2007
Belgium
It's not bad at all to give hints ! In fact it will make it easier for your partner to find just the right thing !! Once you know your partner there is plenty of time to communicate on how and what you like to exchange or just keep it all a surprise. Making it personal is what it's all about !!

MerryNoel

Santa Clausologist
MMC Donor
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 26, 2008
Toronto, Ontario * CANADA
I just signed up:tree:I LOVE ornaments....

I can'r wait to start reading some of the hints that people may give ;)

How many people joined last year?

B

ballcoach

jeff...is there any way we can check to see if we signed up.....i am pretty sure i did but i can't remember..

hilarios

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 10, 2008
Wisconsin
I also signed up last year and didn't receive an ornament. :( I still have PMs from her too. Oh well, it IS all about the spirit of giving! Thanks for organizing this!

Trinityjae

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 25, 2008
I'm so excited for the ornament exchange this year. Last year was my first and wasn't sure what to expect but it was wonderful. This year, I'm prepared and can't wait!!!!

lauriebear777

Limited Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 25, 2009
Long Island (NY)
:rudolph:I signed up for the card exchange, but not this one, yet...

usafvet

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Lifer
Dec 28, 2006
Central Texas

usafvet

MMC Lifer
Dec 28, 2006
Central Texas
Last year I never recieved anything from my exchange partner. not sure if she fell off the face of the earth or maybe forgot. i do know that I was late getting mine out because to be honest I had it all labeled and everything BUT Mr. HollyJells put it under the tree thinking it was a package. But I know it got to where it was supposed to go. THANKS JEFF and admins PLUS all the MMC eople for making this time of year great. I always look forward to getting my cards and ornament. Oh is it bad for people to drop hints? Cuz if so I am gunna get in trouble over my next line- I like bears, Rudolph, and angels.

I don't know what your exchange partner will bring, but here is a Rudolph for you now to ease your anticipation. :rudolph:

usafvet

MMC Lifer
Dec 28, 2006
Central Texas
I guess we have to make sure our e mails are updated to obtain this list when it is released (that and the card exchange), provided it is not posted in the threads. It would probably be better to e mail them out...this way it protects the privacy of all those who posted their home addresses so they're not just posted on the internet for all to see.

Faith4always

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 17, 2008
Lafayette, LA USA
I signed up! I signed up!!
I'm so excited!! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!!
Last year was awesome!
We received a box of the most beautiful ornaments!! It was totally awesome!!!!! :treeguy:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image