Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

2017 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Morning NFL fans! It is March 1 and time to open the new NFL thread. I know we have 6 months until they play a real football game but lots of stuff happens in these next 6 months that set up the NFL season. We have free agency, trades, the NFL draft, the NFL Schedule Release, Combines, Training Camps, and Pre-Season Football. Talk about it all here in these next 6 months leading up to "our time" of year which is the Bers, the Holiday Season and of course the NFL season. Hope you all have a great 1st day of March!

Minta likes this.
  2. Edge612

Any teams need a player? My Jets are apparently releasing everyone...

3. Edge612

Know what I miss about football season? It makes MONDAY so much better. Nothing like going to work on a Monday during the NFL season and talking about the games you saw on the weekend.

4. RachRon

RachRon Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member

Waiting to see what the Patriots do with Jimmy G . Making for great discussions on sports talk radio. As well as some other holes that will need to be filled

Edge612 likes this.
  5. CGYager

CGYager Santa's Helper in South Dakota MMC Emeritus Member

Greetings for this 2017 version of the NFL. The combine seems to be heating up. Also does not look all that good for the NFL free agents in certain positions, as quite a group of college players are ready to take their places and be starters. The RB position and even the QB position has a lot to offer.
    Although as history sometimes has shown us, a top-rated college player does not always translate into a top-rated NFL player. And the waiting game with Tony Romo continues...
    nfl-draft.jpg

XmasDreams and Edge612 like this.
  6. Edge612

Jerry wants Romo to stay with Dallas and the Pats are saying they aren't trading Jimmy G.

XmasDreams and CGYager like this.
  7. CGYager

Could be, I just don't see Romo being content as a back-up. However, with the possibilities in the QB draft this year, it may be hard to find a team that is willing to give Jerry Jones what he wants to trade him. I'm sure the drama will continue until the draft.

8. Edge612

Maybe Jerry isn't convinced Dak will have another big year? Maybe the sophomore jinx?

9. CGYager

Points are both well taken. Or simply other teams with decent draft picks are going to wait and see what they can get before giving up draft selections for Romo.

10. Edge612

Sounds like Marshall to the Giants. Last good player on the Jets leave the lights on...

XmasDreams likes this.
  11. Edge612

And he's officially with the Giants...and Cutler is released...and looks like Glenon is with the Bears.

CGYager and XmasDreams like this.
  12. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Looks like My Titans just picked up Logan Ryan from Patriots.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Late Thursday night, the Tennessee Titans landed the cornerback they have been after. They agreed to terms with former Patriot Logan Ryan.

His agents tweeted about the agreement just after 10:30 p.m.

Ryan was a part of the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots the last four seasons starting 40 games. He has 13 career interceptions, including two in 2016 with 92 tackles.

The Titans were reportedly in the running for A.J. Bouye earlier in the day but got outbid by Jacksonville who gave him a 5-year, $67.5 million deal.

Cornerback was believed to be the Titans biggest area of concern headed into the off season after they cut Perrish Cox late in the 2016 season.

CGYager and Edge612 like this.
  13. Edge612

Did you hear about the Titans fan who got a 2017 Divisional Champs tattoo on his arm (I think)?

14. ballcoach

ballcoach Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer

I think Jerry's heart wants Romo to stay, but his brain tells him different. In the past, Jerry hasn't done a good job of listening to his brain....

I think this is different.

I still can't get over that the Texans were able to unload Osweiler. I think that is obviously Romo's next spot.

CGYager, XmasDreams and Edge612 like this.
  15. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Donor

yeah heard something about it but kinda of never paid attention to that bit of news

CGYager and Edge612 like this.
  16. Edge612

Hope all you football fans have a great weekend (even though there's no football)!

17. CGYager

I think the Browns were more interested in the Draft pick than in Osweiler. Many believe that he won't even make the team in the 2017 season. Jerry I think would like to keep Romo, but he knows that Romo will not be satisfied with a back-up role. So rather than let "locker room" troubles develop down the road, he might as well do the right thing now.
    You have got to let people pursue their own dreams. As far as free agency... NFL history has shown that it is a 50/50 chance. Some have gone and done very well with their new team and so many others have been a real bust. If you get the NFL channel, they have a show called top ten and a couple of them have dealt with Top 10 free agency wins and Top 10 free agency busts.
    So I understand each team trying to get better and fill gaps in both offense and defense, the proof will not arrive until sometime in September/October.
    I wonder who will want to pay the price for Adrian?
    NFL_Free_Agency.jpg

Edge612 likes this.
  18. Edge612

Hey CG did I miss something about the Osweiler trade? I've read the Browns made a great move cause they can just cut him with no penalty to their cap? But how come the Texans couldn't?

CGYager likes this.
  19. CGYager

I think there is a little more to it than that, but it was part of the agreement. Basically, they let Osweiler know that he could compete for the job, but if he did not make it grade, he would be released as a free agent. I believe he Browns would still have to pay off his contract for the year, but with the amount of cap they currently enjoy, they apparently decided to possibly eat the loss and gain the draft pick for rebuilding purposes. The Browns now have 20 picks over the next two years.
    Osweiler could still wind up as a back-up somewhere, but this is a huge blow to his ego and perhaps even his confidence.
    What do you think about the Seahawks meeting with Adrian?
    NFL Humor.jpg

Edge612 likes this.
  20. Edge612

Yeah well he's not that good that's why he may be a backup. I'd rather him go to Seattle than to New England!

CGYager likes this.