Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Hot Topic 2020 Celebrity Dead Pool

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jeff Westover, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Santa's Elf Kringle Radio DJ

Time once again for our morbid prognostications for the New Year. Here is where we predict who will kick the bucket in the year ahead.

The rules are simple: make a list, check it twice – then put it away until next New Year’s Day. Then, and only then, do you dwell on the dead, the near-dead, the mostly-dead, and the not-dead-at-all.

This is not a wish list. There’s nothing evil, cruel or rotten about this exercise. We are not sticking pins in voodoo dolls here. We’re just sayin’. That’s all.

Last year’s list:

1. Kirk Douglas – skunked me again (going on 20 years now).

2. Olivia de Havilland – not in the news but not in the ground either

3. Doris Day -- thanks and RIP

4. Olivia Newton John – still mellow

5. Ruth Bader Ginsburg – knocked on the door a couple of times yet survives

6. Tim Conway – still makes me laugh, RIP

7. Willie Nelson – now that it’s legal he no longer smokes it. Go figger.

8. Pope Benedict -- Defiant.

9. Linda Ronstadt -- Can’t sing but can opine.

10. Bob Dole – hanging in there.

2 for ten. Just like the year before. Such wasted opportunity. This year has to be better. Here’s my list of who is croaking in 2020:

1. Kirk Douglas – Out the door at 104

2. Olivia de Havilland – Why can’t I take her off the list?

3. Olivia Newton John – She’s getting a lot of media. Not a good idea.

4. Ruth Bader Ginsburg – It’s an election year. She could make it messier.

5. Willie Nelson – There’s something going on we don’t know.

6. Pope Benedict – He could be the new Kirk Douglas.

7. Bob Dole – It’s just time.

8. Jimmy Carter – Sad addition. He’s dodged a lot of bullets.

9. Alex Trebek – First time on the list. Again, sad addition.

10. Bob Barker – Gonna be a bad year for game show hosts.

Thanks and be careful crossing the street, kids. See you 1 year from today.

Who is on your list?

e_xander likes this.
  2. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

I don't like making these predictions. I certainly can't/won't come up with a list of ten! I'll make only ONE... gotta go with Betty White again this year. Sorry, Betty. Hope I'm wrong again.

3. Jeff Westover

I hear she's planning quite the shindig for her 98th this year....she must be doing ok!

4. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I’m afraid we will lose Carl Reiner, one of the few living links to the old days of Sid Caesar and live comedy/variety.

Dudley likes this.
  5. Jeff Westover

Yeah. I saw a photo recently of Reiner with Dick Van Dyke and Mel Brooks and thought how terrific they all looked, being in their 90s and all.

Not sure what the health concerns could be for all three but each is an icon in their own ways.

MerryCarey likes this.
  6. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Kringle Radio DJ

1- Dick Cheney
    2- Michael J. Fox
    3- Julie Andrews
    4- Billy Joe Shaver
    5- James Lee Burke
    6- Cicely Tyson
    7- Larry King
    8- Montel Williams
    9- Henry Kissenger
    10- David McCallum

7. Jeff Westover

Wow...that's one well thought out list! I hope you're wrong on several of these but honestly these are informed choices.

RadioJonD likes this.
  8. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Kringle Radio DJ

Getting closer...

Buck Henry, January 8, 2020 at 89.

9. RadioJonD

First 2020 Christmas connection?

Edd ”Kookie” Byrnes, January 9, 2020 at 86.

10. Mr. Hankey

Mr. Hankey Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Premiere Member

Rush drummer and lyricist Neil Peart passed away from brain cancer on January 7th. He was 67. The sad news was announced this afternoon. A very big loss to the music world.

R.I.P. "professor"

"Suddenly you were gone, from all the lives you left your mark upon..."
    -----------Rush, 'Afterimage', 1984

11. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Awww ... sorry to hear that.

12. MerryCarey

Just thought of another one to add to the list: Jane Withers, who was a child star in the 1930s (sort of the B-movie Shirley Temple). Or, if you remember 1970s TV commercials, Josephine the Plumber. She’s 93.