Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invitation A Different Way (or two) to Help Santa's Sleigh

Discussion in 'Christmas Home' started by Jeff Westover, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker Christmas Crew MMC Founder

Santa's Sleigh is off to a good start this year. I'm encouraged.

At the same time, I'm a little bit concerned. It is usually around Thanksgiving that we start to hear stories and receive contacts of folks in need. But that is actually happening now.

We're still focused on having Santa's Sleigh deliver at Christmas but I'm throwing my best efforts behind the effort to be able to reach as many as we can.

I am hoping all in the community take time to read this and will consider lending a hand if they can't lend a dollar or two.

First of all, every dollar that we generate via our associated websites goes into Santa's Sleigh. To that end, I'm going to share with you now something I've not shared before -- the advertising rates for MyMerryChristmas.com.

They have changed a lot over the years and I've always considered it an ugly side of running the sites. In fact -- I hate it. But it has been a necessary thing to just keep our sites online.

Well, no more. I've found another way to pay our core expenses and can now free up any revenue we generate and it all goes to Santa's Sleigh.

Since Santa's Sleigh has always been a community driven effort I am now asking the community and its collective resources and network to bring something new to Santa's Sleigh -- your expertise and your contacts.

As our ad program this year highlights we are looking for sponsors of key events -- The Ugly Christmas Sweater Day event, for example.

Why should we limit that to just a company that sells sweaters? What's wrong with ANY traditional business -- a restaurant, an insurance agency, Joe's Car Repair, etc -- sponsoring that event and getting their name tied to Santa's Sleigh at the same time?

Why do I have to find a Texting Provider or Phone Company to underwrite the texts-from-Santa services were offer via the Santa sites? Why can't any company do that?

The ads rates are beyond reasonable -- they are a bargain and they help a good cause.

So I'm asking any of you out there who might know of a business who wants online exposure and is willing to pay what we're asking for Santa's Sleigh to take it to them. Talk to them about it. Invite them here to learn what we're doing and what we're all about.

Frankly, I'm tired of dealing with the types who come to MMC just to exploit the Christmas lovers we have here. Why not find people who actually want to help Santa's Sleigh and give them a little online exposure for it.

I appreciate all you do for Santa's Sleigh. And I will appreciate you sharing these new efforts to improve upon what we have accomplished in the past.

Minta likes this.