Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

A note for our newest members

Discussion in 'Christmas Together' started by Jeff Westover, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker Christmas Crew MMC Founder

Seeing that so many have joined in the past couple of days (and we're expecting lots more in the months ahead), I thought it best to give just a little background and information regarding our site and the use of these forums:

-- Please take some time to meet our Christmas Crew -- these are folks who roam these forums to help and provide information. Some you already know, others might be unfamiliar to you.

-- These forums date back to 2003 -- but our site was born way back in 1991. You can read about our history here. We hope you will explore the rest of our site and help us add to it. Over the years hundreds of writers, artists, programmers and Christmas fans have helped to build My Merry Christmas.

-- We do have some rules for using these forums. We don't like to be pushy and try not to be but experience has taught us that sometimes people come here with intent to do things other than celebrate Christmas.

-- If you don't see a forum that you'd like, just say something. We want to cover it all. We recently updated our forum software and re-organized things a bit to give the site a cleaner look and to run faster. In doing so, we consolidated many Christmas topics into broader categories. If you want to find something, we encourage the use of our search function. Four years of topics is a lot of Christmas information. If you can't find it, please ask.

-- My Merry Christmas is the "anchor" for roughly 30 sites of the Merry Network, most of which are devoted to Christmas. We want you to explore them all but especially the forums. Besides these pages, we offer Christmas Talk.com, ClausNET.com and Talk Christmas.com. Between these sites we think you'll find a merry place you can call home.

Please feel free to contant me or any member of the Christmas Crew for any needs or questions.

Merry Christmas!

Jeff Westover
    My Merry Christmas.com

2. elfworks

elfworks MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

and tho he didnt say it, you should know that JEFF WESTOVER is our fearless leader, this site and everything under our umbrella is all on him! he is the bestest!

xox

One Spoiled Brat and rosie0478 like this.
  3. lightitup

lightitup Tinsel Straightener MMC Member

Thank You for the plug. I love the new look. I am here looking around and it looks so clean and nice. I can't wait to change my program. Jeff is the guru of the forums. I would like to say when I approached him about doing my own site he was the bestest and still is. Thank You in so many ways Jeff my hero.

4. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

:hello: I have myself set up at all four festive forums, wearing a slightly different Christmas hat at each one, waiting for another Christmas to arrive and reflecting on many that have passed.

Thanks to all the forum leaders and to Jeff for creating a unique flair in each forum. Just like visiting relatives at Christmas, each festive homemaker had their own ideas of how things should look and feel, but the overall warmth and merriment were present in each of them and remain so in the forums you have created and in the members that arrive searching for people who don't think they're passion for Christmas is odd at all.

:snowball: Now let's go have some fun!

Festive Regards,
    Auntie M.

2 people like this.
  5. Maebeary

Maebeary Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

It was great to read a little bit of the history of this site. Thanks!

6. BooksNChristmas

BooksNChristmas Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer

Jeff,

I just read your history and I was in tears! It is a truly touching story. This is such a wonderful site/forum and I have enjoyed every minute since I joined two weeks ago. Thank you!

Michelle
    :nice:

7. Snow is falling...

Snow is falling... Twinkle Light Checker MMC Member

Cheers, Jeff. Just read the history, what a touching story!

8. dvdelf

dvdelf MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire MMC Lifer MMC Partner

we've got a few folks here with a wide variety of knowledge, if you need a question answered head over to the Ask the crew post

9. auntieclaus

auntieclaus MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Simply wonderful. I'm still searching through the site and finding so many interesting things!

1 person likes this.
  10. mammaduke

mammaduke Guest

This is a great forum for the new members to read . Enjoy yourself here everyone.

11. pbrbullrider

pbrbullrider Guest

I have a great time chating on the chatroom thanks alot for a safe and family friendly website.

Jeff G "bullrider"

12. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

:hello: Happy to hear you are enjoying yourself.

If you need a hand with anything you can PM one of the Crew or visit the Ask the Crew thread and post a question there.

13. angiejo

angiejo Mistletoe Hanger MMC Member

Nice story and terrific history. You have created a wonderful site. thanks!!! Angie:snowball:

14. irishsnow

irishsnow Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Great story

15. Mumof2

Mumof2 One Happy lil Elf MMC Lifer

I love this site,I read alot of the stories on here,I love to explore this site.thanks to all for a great christmas site!! :)

16. Lorn--xx

Lorn--xx Santas Little Helper MMC Emeritus Member

This site is amazing, thank you ALL very much for making it so wonderful!!

Just sending you all a little Christmas Love.. :treeguy:

17. Christmas Addict

Christmas Addict MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Thanks for the quick rundown, Jeff.

18. Memaw_Elf

Memaw_Elf Chestnut Roaster MMC Member

Thank You for ALL the great information! :)

19. CandyCanesnews

CandyCanesnews Limited Member MMC Emeritus Member

Thanks for sharing that info, I'm new here and it helps me a lot!

:tree:

20. pretz57@amtelecom.net

pretz57@amtelecom.net Tinsel Straightener MMC Member

Much appreciated Jeff! Auntie M, tried to click into the jingle bell junction but your posted website address doesn't take me there. Can you post the correct one? Thanks!