Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Let's say you want to share a location on a map -- such as the Rockefeller Christmas tree in New York City:

So how do we do this?

In your user control panel there is an option called "View Map". Go there and you'll see a screen that has a map with crosshairs on it. Put the crosshair over the location you want and then just go down to the bottom left corner just below the map and copy the code.

I've embedded a map in this post as an example. Just click on that "View Map" button.

viewmap.JPG

Reactions: Ulan

ponytramp

Dashing through the snow ..
MMC Lifer
Sep 21, 2019
new england
This is an interesting feature. I like to look at the photos section and sometimes it would be nice to know where that photo was taken. If I post a photo and know where it's from I will try to remember to add the location. Especially if it's of Christmas lights. That way people will be able to go see the lights if it is near them.

Reactions: Ulan

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
This is an interesting feature. I like to look at the photos section and sometimes it would be nice to know where that photo was taken. If I post a photo and know where it's from I will try to remember to add the location. Especially if it's of Christmas lights. That way people will be able to go see the lights if it is near them.

I hadn't thought of that, but it's a great idea! Especially in a year like this one when I think a lot of Christmas "excursions" will be limited to what we can see from the car. That's an awesome use for this feature.

Reactions: ponytramp

ponytramp

MMC Lifer
Sep 21, 2019
new england
I always thought it would be great if we could see on a map where nice Christmas displays were. Then we could plan a specific route instead of driving around aimlessly. Not that the driving around isn't fun. Especially when you come across a nice display. It's just that sometimes a nice display is on some random side street that you'd never think to drive down. I'm specifically thinking of a family that I know that does a nice display but they are on an out of the way side street.

:tree:

Reactions: RavenHardt

ponytramp

MMC Lifer
Sep 21, 2019
new england
How would we go about building a map that contains all of the cool sites that we find?

It's one thing to have a thread that talks about a specific place and then show it on a map but is there a way for us to have one map where we can just keep adding points of interest to it?

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
How would we go about building a map that contains all of the cool sites that we find?

It's one thing to have a thread that talks about a specific place and then show it on a map but is there a way for us to have one map where we can just keep adding points of interest to it?

Not yet. But I'll hunt for a solution. I think it is a great idea.

Reactions: ponytramp

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image