Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Angry kid letter about 'santa,' anyone else think this is a hoax?

Discussion in 'Christmas Controversy & Opinion' started by Winter_Worlock, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Winter_Worlock

Winter_Worlock Cryo-Sorcerer MMC Premiere Member

NSFYB (Not Suitable for Young Believers)

So, apparently this story is starting to mildly buzz right now, and is becoming a bit of a propaganda tool for Anti-Theists. Now, I know there's a long history of kids who come home from school crying about Santa, but something about this just feels fake. Though the writing easily looks like it could have been done by a child, the overall structure of the writing seems too perfect. It's not just drawing an obscene gesture and then writing a hashtag to go with it, but the specific mentioning of the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy (seriously, who ever brings her up while in a tizzy?). Anti-Theists love to mention all three of these legendary figures whenever they feel like ripping into somebody who believes in a god, and I can't help but think that this letter was carefully planned out, specifically for that purpose.

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/middle-finger-emoji-kids-letter-santa/

2. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Was in the news earlier this week. I read the story. Minutes later everything was okay between the girl and her parents. She was just venting.